PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a WDW plan?

crl
10-29-2010, 12:37 AM
We are going Thanksgiving week, staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We have a 7 year old boy and a 7 month old girl. I have ADRs, pretty much one per day, including two character meals (breakfast at Chef Mickey and lunch at the Hollywood and Vine).

We have 5 days in the parks, bought the water park option, but not park hoppers. My general game plan is that we will start each day together going to one park, hopefully baby will nap in the stroller or in a carrier. Then we will split up for the afternoon with one parent returning to the hotel with the baby for a decent nap and the other taking ds to the hotel pool or a water park. Does that sound good? Will it be warm enough for the water parks and/or the pool? Other laid back afternoon suggestions? Should we try to have one of us go back to the park in the evening for the parade?

First day is Magic Kingdom and second day is Hollywood Studios, dictated by ADRs. Should we try to also do both Animal Kingdom and Epcot (one day each)? Or would it be better to focus more narrowly? DS is the kind of kid who likes to do the same thing over and over if it was fun the first time.

Specific suggestions for rides, attractions, etc also welcome. DS is excited about the roller coasters, but has only ever been on really tame kiddie ones. He is tall, over 51 inches so I don't think height will restrict him from anything. DH and I are both roller coaster chickens though.

Thank you!!!
Catherine

Tinkerbell313
10-29-2010, 10:38 AM
I saw that you have the water park option. Blizzard Beach will be the only water park available during that time. Typhoon Lagoon is closed for its yearly refurbishment from Oct. 31st, 2010 to July 8th, 2011.

I thought you would like to know so you can include it in with your planning.

cheri
10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
We just got back from WDW. Taking a break in the afternoon was necessity for us, both for the kids and to give DH and I a break. The heat was a factor in this, however.

As far as parks to visit go, I think either strategy would work (broad or deep). I'd recommend that you look at the sites that predict the crowd level at parks (I used both touringplans.com and easywdw.com). It might make it easier for you to decide.

I love roller coasters, and liked Expedition Everest (AK), didn't like Space Mountain (waaay to jerky for my taste), and thought the mine train one in Frontierland (MK) was pretty tame. DD1 (4) loved the Goofy Barnstormer rollercoaster in Toontown (MK). I didn't get to ride the Rockin Rollercoaster (HS).

Oh, and we looooove Epcot, but it's definitely tough to see enough of it in one day. You might want to save it for another trip. :)

Have a great time!

crl
10-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Thank you!

Catherine

bnme
10-29-2010, 12:18 PM
You should not miss the MK parade and fireworks. I would take the 7mo in a stroller, or one of you can miss it if you have to. But it will be really amazing for your older son. For a 7yo boy I would not miss Mission Space and Test Track in Epcot, Star Tours and Jedi Training plus Toy Story Mania at the Studios, and Thunder Mtn, Splash Mtn, and Buzz Light year at MK. I think when going with a pre-walker it is usually pretty easy for them to blend into whatever you do (assuming the nap some in the stroller and you take that mid-day break).