PDA

View Full Version : Holiday cards from Vista Print?

JanBaby
10-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Has anyone ordered holiday cards from here? You can get 20 for $1.99 or 100 for $25 with free shipping. They have some cute options but I don't want them to be super junky. Shipping looks SLOW so I want to order now.

Beth24
10-29-2010, 10:47 PM
They aren't super junky at all. But if you're looking for thick card stock they def aren't for you. IMO they are perfect for holiday cards--reasonably priced and the right quality for something that will get taped to someone's refrigerator and then thrown away. :)

poohbear
10-30-2010, 02:18 AM
We have ordered birthday invitations and thank yous from them and are always pleased. Have never ordered photo cards.
Be aware - different links get you to different deals and it's hard to find the same deals twice! Also, if you check evrewards.com, many places offer cashback, but then some of the deals change.
We also get our return address labels from them :)
I think it usually takes about 2 weeks to receive items from them...

MeyersDVM
10-30-2010, 07:22 AM
We have ordered our photo Christmas cards from Vista Print for the last several years. I have always been pleased and the shipping is way faster than they estimate. If you wait until Black Friday, almost everything is free, including your photo upload (just pay shipping). I often use these specials to make a gift of stationery, notepads, etc. for the hard to buy for : )

JanBaby
10-30-2010, 08:38 AM
They aren't super junky at all. But if you're looking for thick card stock they def aren't for you. IMO they are perfect for holiday cards--reasonably priced and the right quality for something that will get taped to someone's refrigerator and then thrown away. :)

Ha - exactly! Nice enough to sit on a mantel for two weeks and not crappy enough for someone to comment on how crappy it is. Tempting to wait until Black Friday but I like to get my cards out early. Hmmm...

coolae
10-30-2010, 11:03 AM
if you pay the $6 extra to get linen paper, it looks much nicer...where are y'all seeing the 100 for $25? i don't see that, although i'm looking mostly at the designer ones which maybe it doesn't apply to those???

JanBaby
10-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Go to www.vistaprint.com/santa6. I think I got it from a Sunday circular.

coolae
10-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Go to www.vistaprint.com/santa6. I think I got it from a Sunday circular.

Ok I got the first deal from your link but can't find the 100 card deal or the free shipping. Thoughts? And does anyone know if it's possible to place more than one of the $1.99 orders?

Sorry for all the questions!

Beth24
10-30-2010, 02:23 PM
if you pay the $6 extra to get linen paper, it looks much nicer...where are y'all seeing the 100 for $25? i don't see that, although i'm looking mostly at the designer ones which maybe it doesn't apply to those???

:yeahthat: Forgot to recommend the linen upgrade!

JanBaby
10-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Ok I got the first deal from your link but can't find the 100 card deal or the free shipping. Thoughts? And does anyone know if it's possible to place more than one of the $1.99 orders?

Sorry for all the questions!

You'll see it once you put it in the cart. You'll have quantity options and it's free shipping over $25.

justbreathe11
10-30-2010, 08:04 PM
You know, I thought usually there are free holiday photo card codes floating around by now, but I haven't seen any.

bostonsmama
10-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Just wanted to add that DH ordered business cards from vistaprint for a side job he does, and they were fine quality for the price (couple dollars for a couple hundred). At least the ink didn't leak when wet and the colors weren't off. A friend who's in upper level man. recommended them. Good to know about the cards.

indigo99
10-31-2010, 12:13 PM
One issue some people have is that vp likes to put their logo on the back of everything. It is usually added last thing when you're ordering, but if you know to look for it then you can often delete it off the design.

sewarsh
10-31-2010, 01:41 PM
So, does anyone know how these compare to Costco?

Also, which ones do you see that = $25 for 100?

coolae
10-31-2010, 01:59 PM
I got the regular holiday cards to be $25 for 100, but the designers ones are still $38 for 100 (with free shipping I believe). Still not a terrible deal...

JanBaby
10-31-2010, 03:19 PM
You can do the regular cards (I think it was 4x8, 5x7 folded or 5x7 flat) with the linen upgrade for $31.49 for 100. It's tempting to just order and be done with it but last year I got them for free from that SeeHere.com deal. I like free.

ETA: OK, WTH? I tried going to through ebates to see if it brought it down and now instead of $25/100 now I get $32.49/100. Anyone know how to fix this? I tried clearing my cookies, logging out and back in and I just signed up DH for an account. Ugh! Back to Shutterfly...

Jen841
11-01-2010, 01:34 PM
They have their 100 postcards for free on occassion. I order our cards with that and do postcards. The price is right, less paper is wasted, and the postage is less. I also feel less guilty about writing short messages on the cards : )

MMMommy
11-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I ordered from them this year for holiday photo cards, and I think they are better than the Costco ones. I know that with the Vista Print holiday cards, I can change all the text, font size, font color, and there is free text printing (in gray) on the back (if you want it). I didn't think the Costco holiday photo cards were that flexible or had the option of text on the back (for standard photo holiday cards), but I could be wrong.

I just ordered my holiday cards for 50% off - $48.10 (including shipping) for 100 cards (5 x 7) from the "Designer Collection" (smooth, matte stock).