PDA

View Full Version : Potomac Mills Mall?

dec756
10-30-2010, 08:13 AM
anyone familiar? am i insane for wanting to go today.........

jvs195
10-30-2010, 08:28 AM
It's always insane on the weekend. Wear your walking shoes. It also helps to have a plan for what stores you really want to visit because there are so many it can wear you out.

lmwbasye
10-30-2010, 09:02 AM
It's always insane on the weekend. Wear your walking shoes. It also helps to have a plan for what stores you really want to visit because there are so many it can wear you out.

Yep...we used to live directly on the other side of I-95 from Potomac Mills and Saturdays were always nuts.

crl
10-30-2010, 09:11 AM

Yes, we used to live in NoVA and it was always busy on weekends. If you are at all interested, I recommend the Nordstrom Rack there (I assume it is still there, we moved a couple years ago). It is huge. And Ikea has a stand alone store nearby.

Catherine

Armywife1stDr2nd
10-30-2010, 11:17 AM
AND there is the big rally in DC today. The Rally to restore sanity/fear =)

julevizamom
10-30-2010, 12:23 PM
It depends on if you like crowds and where you live. It gets really crowded there on Saturdays, and if you have to travel down 95 to get there, I'd say avoid it. You can find most of the stores there other places in the area, including Ikea.

daisymommy
10-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm a short 10 minutes away from Potomac Mills :) It is the only mall I go to, as everything else is pretty far away.
We avoid going on weekends at all all costs. There are tour buses that deliver hundreds of people there on weekends, in addition to the local crowd.
If you can ever go on a week day, it is pure bliss. Just moms and their kids, hanging out, nice and quiet.

One end of the mall has become the higher-end side, which includes Nordstrom Rack, Bloomingdales, Brooks Brothers, Anne Taylor, Tommy Hilfiger, Coach, Dolce & Gabbana just to name a few. They are all clustered together.
There is another side that has Old Navy, Gap, Carters...your more run of the mill stores. And everything else is in between.

nurseapril
10-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Just be prepared to walk. I would never go on a weekend, not only because it is insanely crowded in the mall, but I95 can be a INSANE.

I love Ikea!

melonpan
10-30-2010, 10:22 PM
totally hijacking the thread but i always believed that the ones who designed the mall really missed out on making the theme "new egyptian". they should have made it so that you could see old egypt in its total glory, as if it it was happening right now.

oh

i guess i got it mixed up with arundel mills mall and the egyptian movie theater there.

sorry!

back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Cam&Clay
10-31-2010, 12:18 AM
I've lived in this area for a long time and avoid Potomac Mills like the plague. It's so poorly designed that you walk your a$$ off to get anywhere. I leave there feeling exhausted. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Goodness, I sound old and crotchety...

Now IKEA is a whole 'nother story. I'll go there anytime!

kaharris83
10-31-2010, 12:47 AM
I just feel like there's not really very many actual outlets in Potomac Mills. I mean there's some, but every store is not an outlet store. I've never found an incredible deal there that I couldn't have scored elsewhere usually. For the amount of walking you have to do, and crowd/traffic battling on the weekends, I agree it's not really worth it IMO.

luckytwenty
10-31-2010, 08:34 AM
All the Mills malls are crazy and huge like that. I've lived in a bunch of different cities and they all have them and they are all spread out and a bit over-rated unless you're maybe talking the Coach or Kate Spade outlets, which really do have great deals when there's a sale. I'd go on a weekday morning if possible.

mommylamb
10-31-2010, 09:23 AM
I've lived in this area for a long time and avoid Potomac Mills like the plague. It's so poorly designed that you walk your a$$ off to get anywhere. I leave there feeling exhausted. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Goodness, I sound old and crotchety...

Now IKEA is a whole 'nother story. I'll go there anytime!

:yeahthat: If I want to do outlets, I always go up to Leesburg, even though Potomac Mills is closer