PDA

View Full Version : Possibly overwhipped whipping cream...suggestions?

TamiRuns
10-30-2010, 11:23 AM
There is no time for a do-over so just trying to salvage a Nutella Peanut Butter pie that I'm making for the first time. Also first time (at least in many years) using heavy whipping cream. (I usually make lower fat, lower calorie desserts.) I was to beat the cream to stiff peaks and while I was aware to stop at that point, I think I went a bit too far before stopping. I had to fold it into cream cheese, peanut butter mixture and by the time I folded it all in, it was pretty soupy. It's in the refrigerator now....this isn't going to thicken up at all is it? Should I salvage it by freezing it? The flavor combo is to die for and it looks lovely...I'm not throwing it out! Maybe serve milkshakes?! LOL!

Thanks for any advice.

MrsZaz
10-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Sorry no advice for you....but I really really want a piece of it. Sounds delicious. Maybe you can serve it in parfait glass instead.

Colleen

TamiRuns
10-30-2010, 01:05 PM
After 3 hours in the fridge, I put it in the freezer and I believe its firming up nicely!! It will be similar to a blizzard pie! No milkshakes afterall.......

The parfait glass suggestion was good tho!

I won't be serving this until tomorrow night but the taste I had of the soupy mixture was divine if you like pb and nutella!

wallawala
10-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Post recipe if you can! Sounds devine!!!

TamiRuns
10-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Post recipe if you can! Sounds devine!!!

Get ready to drool! Here ya go:

http://www.zahracooks.com/desserts/pies/peanut-butter-and-nutella-pie/

wallawala
10-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Wow...

SOOOO going to make that tomorrow!!!

Thanks!

:bighand:

TamiRuns
10-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Wow...

SOOOO going to make that tomorrow!!!

Thanks!

:bighand:

Please let me know how it turns out. I'll be serving ours tonight - drizzled with chocolate syrup....and won't tell anyone (at least until its all gone!) that it really wasn't supposed to be a frozen dessert!

I must be the only person who could mess up a recipe that has pictures for each step of the process!!!

TamiRuns
10-31-2010, 06:34 PM
So we just had this and it was delicious! I set it in the fridge for about 2 hours before we ate it- it had been frozen solid. No one knew about my mess up until I told them. This recipe is a keeper!