PDA

View Full Version : Miracle: found jeans that fit

niccig
10-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I HATE shopping for jeans. I am very pear shaped and jeans are too tight on thighs and gaping at waist. I used to have a pair of Gap curvy that I liked, but the zipper broke and their new style doesn't fit as nice - it's lower rise and I'm really conscious every time I bend over to help DS or other kids at school with something.

Today I hit the mall with my sister and I was NOT looking forward to it. I wanted to try Ann Taylor Loft as their curvy fit in dress pants fits me very well. I walked out with 2 pairs of curvy boot cut in corduroy and a pair of jeans. I've ordered another pair of curvy boot jeans online and a pair of curvy trouser jeans as the store didn't have my size. With their 30% off sale and the free shipping code I found, I have totally scored. I actually have pants that I can wear now. I've been rotating the Gap jeans with broken zipper (with long tops) and another pair of jeans that have holes for the last month.

I'm now wearing a pair of purple cords, with pink top and a gorgeous purple sweater that was on sale at Anthropolige for $40, that my sister bought me for my birthday present. I don't feel frumpy anymore!

DrSally
10-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Great! It feels so awesome to find a pair of jeans that fit. People really seem to be having good luck with the ATL jeans. I think Eddie Bauer also makes a curvy fit.

larig
10-30-2010, 09:57 PM
wow, those sound like quite the jeans! I share your shape, so thanks for the post--maybe there's hope for me!

crl
10-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Yay! When I went to ATL all they had was skinny jeans in the curvy fit. :(. Maybe I should try a different store.

Catherine

MamaSnoo
10-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Those sound like they might work for me. I had not thought of ATL for jeans before. I will have to check it out!

C&C's mom
10-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Love ATL jeans! I have the same problem with the gapping and the pear shape and their jeans fit great. just got a pair the other day too!

niccig
10-31-2010, 02:37 AM
Definitely try the curvy boot cut jeans. Either cords or the denim.

I ordered the curvy trouser jean, but won't get that for about a week, so I can't say how it fits. They didn't have my size in store but as all the other jeans were the same size, I'm hoping this style would fit too.

They have a sale for 30% off with code GOFORIT and went through this coupon site to get the free shipping http://www.couponheaven.com/merchant.cfm/anntaylorloft

I can't do the low rise look anymore, actually I never could, and their curvy boot cut are midrise - they're still a little big for me in the waist, but I can't go down a size because they won't fit in the seat. But they don't look like Mom jeans either.

My sister got a pair of curvy skinny jeans. They look good on her, but not on me. I wear the same size as her, but I'm a wider pear and I looked like an inverted triangle, definitely not a good look!

TamiRuns
10-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Another curvy momma here....question about the ATL jeans....are there different lengths? I'm almost 5'6" but many jeans seem to "pool" around my feet. Just curious...I may have to make a trip to ATL this week!!

ett
10-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Another curvy momma here....question about the ATL jeans....are there different lengths? I'm almost 5'6" but many jeans seem to "pool" around my feet. Just curious...I may have to make a trip to ATL this week!!

I'm 5'5" and get petite at ATL. Their regular lengths are way too long for me.

happy2bamom
10-31-2010, 09:40 AM
I just got my ATL Curvy bootleg jeans in the mail yesterday. I too am very pear shaped. They are great jeans! I will say that they are very long on me (I'm 5' 6"), so I'll have to wear heels (not my comfy shoes). I've thought about trying the petite curvy, but I feel like someone my height isn't petite.

crl
10-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Hmm, free shipping? Do they accept returns at the store? Maybe I should just order online. Any sizing advice? My other jeans are size 8 Eddie Bauers.

Thanks! And yay again for your cords and jeans!

Catherine

ETA. They do accept returns at ATL stores only, not AT and not outlet. That works for me.

EATA: hmm, I see they use waist sizing. They say a 29 is equivalent to an 8. I tried on some 29s in other brands at Nordstrom Rack the other day and they were all a bit snug. Had the baby with me and didn't like any of them so I didn't bother with getting 30s. Wonder if I should get 29s or 30s or just order both and return as necessary. . . .

TamiRuns
10-31-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm 5'5" and get petite at ATL. Their regular lengths are way too long for me.

Okay, thanks....my feeling is that petite will be too short and regular will be too long. **sigh**

niccig
11-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Okay, thanks....my feeling is that petite will be too short and regular will be too long. **sigh**

I get regular and I'm 5' 3" but I don't have short legs. I'm short in the torso. I find the petite are too short in the crotch for me, and if I size up then they're too big around the waist.

I get them hemmed at a drycleaner that does the jean hem.

niccig
11-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Just an update.
The curvy boot cords DO stretch. They still fit fine around my waist but are a little saggier in the bottom and the legs. This isn't a problem with me as I don't need them to be too tight there, but thought I would mention it if anyone was thinking of sizing up. Don't.

The jeans don't seem to stretch as much, but I haven't worn those as much the last few days - we're having a heat wave.

let73
11-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Just an update.
The curvy boot cords DO stretch. They still fit fine around my waist but are a little saggier in the bottom and the legs. This isn't a problem with me as I don't need them to be too tight there, but thought I would mention it if anyone was thinking of sizing up. Don't.

The jeans don't seem to stretch as much, but I haven't worn those as much the last few days - we're having a heat wave.

I ordered the curvy boot jeans online and they came today. They fit perfect. I also ordered the curvy boot cords in the same size. They seem to be bigger and are gapping in the back. I'm thinking that maybe I should order a size down?? The other weird thing is that one pair seems to be a little longer than the other. I hope that they carry these in the store...I would like to try the next size down and compare.