PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a Newbie going to WDW in less than 2 weeks!!

sewarsh
10-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Going with DH, DD 4 & DS 2 for 1 week.

In your opinion, should we:

#1 - Do autograph books?

#2 - Make it a point to see all parades, firework shows at least once?

#3 - Do Photopass?

Thanks!!

alien_host
10-31-2010, 04:01 PM
#1 - Do autograph books?

if your kids seem to like the characters, I would do the autograph books. DD is 5 and went in May and still looks at it all the time (we got the one with the photo sleeve on the opposite side.

I'd look at the schedule of events and see what you can fit in. I think it is hard to do everything, especially with young kids who maybe can't stay up that late. We found the afternoon parades at MK and DHS to be a nice break or would catch them on the way out of the park when going home for a rest

#3 - Do Photopass?

I would, it's free to do and then you can decide later if you want to buy. If you pre-order, I think you can get a refund if you don't like the pics. Make sure you ask for "Magic Shots" if your photographer can do them (i.e. tinkerbell in your hand etc)

Have fun!

bnme
11-01-2010, 06:49 AM
:yeahthat:

(except we have never done photopass. We usually end up buying 1 or 2 pics and it is a lot less then the cost of photopass.)

The afternoon parades are great for that age. I think the evening parades are not as late this time of year. When we went with kids that age we only did the MK night stuff. We only just recently did Fantasmic and still haven't taken them to see the Epcot fireworks (it always seems just too late and we can't fit it in). We love Spectro at MK.

hillview
11-01-2010, 08:27 AM
We like the autograph books -- we do a lot of TS meals and many with characters so it helps the time pass/keeps kids happy and engaged. We get the cheap ones and bring our own pens. We keep them in a ziplock bag in the backpack.

We've been 2x and neither time did our kids make it to the fireworks. We are early birds and the kids are exhausted by the time that fireworks roll around. The parades we caught randomly over the period of a week and they are fun.

We never did photopass but might try it next year!

ENJOY!!
/hillary

egoldber
11-01-2010, 08:54 AM
My kids really enjoy autograph books. It's definitely a way to help them engage with the characters. And when they see all the other kids have them (and almost all do) they will probably want one.

We have only bought PhotoPass once. IMO it's not a must do.

We love the parades and fireworks. The nice thing about going to WDW in fall and winter is that the nighttime parades and fireworks are early! :) Spectro was probably one of younger DD's favorite things last year when we went. But she did not like fireworks at all, so DH would often stay with older DD at the parks for the fireworks while I would take younger DD back to the hotel.

klwa
11-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Started to write this earlier & got interupted:

1) DS (2 at the time) really enjoyed his autograph book. It gave him a REASON to go up to the characters & helped get him over that shy first meeting deal. Plan to do books for DS & DD in December. (Woohoo, 32 days!)

2) We saw all of the daytime parades with DS last time, but the nighttime ones, well, he was miserable by that time (& it was cold which didn't help), so, even though I REALLY wanted to stay to see them, we didn't. Hope to remedy that for at least MSEP & Wishes this time....

3) We got Photopass last time & I plan to preorder again this time. Not a must-do, but I liked it.

lil_acorn
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
#1 - Do autograph books?

Yes, if your kids are into it. My kids liked it when they were 2 and 4. Last time my eldest was 5 and was more into the rides than the books, but it gave me something to do with teh 2 year old while the eldest was on the rides

This will be tough to do with your kids ages and nap time. Get to the fireworks and be happy with 1 or 2 parades

#3 - Do Photopass?
We have done this and do like it so we actually get family pics instead of just pics of the kids with one parent. Last time we went around teh holidays, they had a professional at the AK lodge. We weren't dressed for it but it would have been an excellent opportunity for a family christmas portrait - pics right by the huge xmas tree they had decorated in teh Lodge. Try to call ahead and see if they are doing these!