PDA

View Full Version : Small-to-medium diaper bag?

mackmama
10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
I have the BFF by jujube which I love. I am now looking for a smaller diaper bag option for quick outings. Any suggestions for a diaper bag that fits the following:

-small/medium in size
-more horizontal shape than vertical so it's easier to find stuff
-has both backpack straps and a cross-body (or shoulder) strap
-lots of inside pockets
-material that can be wiped down both inside and out
-has an insulated bottle pocket or two (pockets need to be deep enough so bottles don't fall out)
-no messenger flaps
-closes with zipper

Thank you!

TwoBees
10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
I think the new Skip Hop Versa fills all the criteria but the backpack strap. There's another bag that I can picture but the name has escaped me...I'll update this post when it comes to me.

LD92599
10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Almost sounds like the new Lands End convertible but i have yet to see it IRL. I have one enroute that I'm hoping will work for a Disney trip!

I will update my thoughts once i have it - darned "free" shipping is soooo slow.

mackmama
10-31-2010, 11:51 PM
I really am looking for a backpack option, and I think the Land's End is too vertical for me. I worry I'll lose everything in the bottom. Any other suggestions?

TwoBees
11-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Does it have to have a cross body strap then? The Columbia Trekster backpack gets good reviews.

Another option that might work (although I have not seen it in person) is the Baggalini Brussels bag. The strap can convert from shoulder to cross body to backpack. No insulated bottle compartment but you can buy a separate single or double insulated bottle holder--BRU has tons.

mackmama
11-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Oh good idea re the separate bottle holder - I hadn't thought of that. So I guess an insulated pocket is not necessary. I really like the Baggallini, but we need a bag that DH will carry too and I think this would be too purse-looking for him. I'll go look at the Columbia one. Thanks!

mackmama
11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I decided to go with the JJB mini. Excited to get it!

Momto1
11-03-2010, 11:31 AM

Ooh, you're going to love it! I have two :shy:

TwoBees
11-03-2010, 02:43 PM

Oh! That's much smaller than I thought you needed! (At least from the online dimensions.) I'm sure you'll love it though!

pastrygirl
11-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I love the MiniBe! It can hold more than it looks. I find it similar to the Be Small and maybe even the BeTween.

Momto1
11-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I love the MiniBe! It can hold more than it looks. I find it similar to the Be Small and maybe even the BeTween.

Ditto! It holds much more than you would think.

Armywife1stDr2nd
11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I also love the minibe!

I was thinking the minibe if you didn't need the messenger strap or the Tween if you could do without the backpack straps. I love them all I have the minibe, the tween and the BFF for my small, medium and larger needs =)

Tell us how you like it!

mackmama
11-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I received the MiniBe and love it! It seems like just the size I was looking for, and it hangs nicely off the Bee+.