PDA

View Full Version : What to do on Day 1 of 7 when arriving at airport at 11am?

sewarsh
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM
We're going for 1 week, but i'm not sure what to do Day 1.
We land at Orlando airport at 11am, but have to get luggage, car, etc.

Should we go straight to a park?

What park? Thanks!

liz
10-31-2010, 11:12 PM
We were so tired that we crashed at our hotel for a bit and then spent the evening at DTD. It's the only time we made it there, and we were glad we at least saw our favorites (which would include the Lego store for DH and DC and the Disney store for me).

hillview
11-01-2010, 08:32 AM
We check in and get unpacked and hang at the pool and/or head to DTD.
ENJOY!
/hillary

egoldber
11-01-2010, 08:50 AM
I think Downtown Disney is a good choice for arrival day.

klwa
11-01-2010, 09:24 AM
We were so tired that we crashed at our hotel for a bit and then spent the evening at DTD. It's the only time we made it there, and we were glad we at least saw our favorites (which would include the Lego store for DH and DC and the Disney store for me).

:yeahthat: I'm with everyone else here. Pool or DTD. :)

boolady
11-01-2010, 09:25 AM
We just had this exact itinerary. By the time we got to the hotel, it was lunchtime, so we got something to eat, hung out at the pool for a while, got cleaned up, and went over to Downtown Disney later to walk around and get some dinner. I personally wouldn't race to a park.

fivi2
11-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I think a non-park character meal or show (like hoop de doo) might be a good option also. Especially if you will have a car. I wouldn't try to run to a park on arrival day with little ones - you don't want to start the vacation exhausted!