PDA

View Full Version : Target Halloween clearance...30% off candy and 50% off everything else, YMMV

lchang25000
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Stopped by my Target when they opened this morning and there were tons of people in the Halloween aisles already. Everyting was 50% off, except for candy which was still only 30% off. Scored some great finds like the Mr. Potato Head trick-or-tater, several bags of the 20 count containers of mini play-doughs, some outdoor Halloween lighting decor, some shaky cups (filled with water, glitter, and Halloween pics) and best of all, an Elmo costume with a matching treat basket for DS for next year! I was planning on him being Elmo next year since he loves Elmo, and I'm so glad I found it for 50% off! :yay:

Claki
11-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm holding off until it's 75 or 90 percent off.

lchang25000
11-01-2010, 12:05 PM

I thought about doing that, but I know there wouldn't be anything left that I really wanted!

alien_host
11-01-2010, 12:32 PM
30% off seems so lame for the candy! I'm going to hold out. And the costumes and decor were pretty much cleared out at my store, there were only a handful of items left.

calv
11-01-2010, 12:45 PM
i stocked up on the tissues and paper towels. Wish I had found napkins but I'm thrilled w/the 2 packs of papertowels I got at $1.50 each!!!

daphne
11-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I grabbed a few of the lego minis for 50% off.

lchang25000
11-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm holding out for the candy as well.

alien_host
11-01-2010, 12:59 PM
i stocked up on the tissues and paper towels. Wish I had found napkins but I'm thrilled w/the 2 packs of papertowels I got at $1.50 each!!!

You aren't in MA are you? A lady had an entire cart of halloween bounty! I couldn't find any....are they with the regular paper towels since I didn't even see an empty shelf space where they might have been located.

christiedavid3
11-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I got DS a shirt for next year for $2.99, the Lego racers for $1.50, Bounty paper towels for $1.50, 20 pack of Animal Crackers for $1.50, Solo bowls for $1.50, Mr. Potato Head pumpkin docorations for $3.00, and some Halloween Kraft Mac & Cheese for $.49

Not bad, but not super great deals yet.

JanBaby
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Stopped by my Target when they opened this morning and there were tons of people in the Halloween aisles already. Everyting was 50% off, except for candy which was still only 30% off. Scored some great finds like the Mr. Potato Head trick-or-tater, several bags of the 20 count containers of mini play-doughs, some outdoor Halloween lighting decor, some shaky cups (filled with water, glitter, and Halloween pics) and best of all, an Elmo costume with a matching treat basket for DS for next year! I was planning on him being Elmo next year since he loves Elmo, and I'm so glad I found it for 50% off! :yay:

I got DD the Elmo costume for next year too! I'm debating if I'm going to keep it though - the head piece seems kind of heavy and I'm not sure if she'll be up for anything on her head at almost 3. Love the matching treat bag idea!

mikala
11-01-2010, 02:31 PM
30% off seems so lame for the candy! I'm going to hold out. And the costumes and decor were pretty much cleared out at my store, there were only a handful of items left.

Same here! Our store was almost sold out of people costumes but had an ENTIRE AISLE of costumes for dogs. Would you like to dress your dog as a newt or yak next year? If so, you're in luck....

lchang25000
11-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I got DD the Elmo costume for next year too! I'm debating if I'm going to keep it though - the head piece seems kind of heavy and I'm not sure if she'll be up for anything on her head at almost 3. Love the matching treat bag idea!

I'm hoping DS will be ok with the headpiece since he doesn't mind wearing hats, hoods, etc. on his head. There was only 1 Elmo treat basket at the first Target I went to, but the 2nd Target I went to had tons! At the 2nd Target, I also found an adult male Elmo costume for DH to wear next year for only $20! Now he can match DS...not sure how happy he's going to be when he finds out though. :ROTFLMAO:

ang79
11-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Ditto. I went to one of mine today and they had a ton of costumes but nothing I thought was too great of a deal. Plus, it gets cold here by the end of Oct. and most of the little girl costumes were thin little fairy outfits, etc., my girls would freeze! I did consider the Elmo costume (they had a bunch) as DD2 loves Elmo right now, but I figured I'll stop by again in a few days when I don't have the girls with me, and see if prices have dropped and what they have left.

I didn't see much else other than treat baskets and candy.