PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for home made natural hand sanitizer?

Nechums
11-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Has anyone ever made a natural/green hand sanitizer that doesn't need to be washed off with water? Can you share the recipe? Thanks!

vludmilla
11-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Brittone2 did and I copied her idea a couple of years ago. Maybe it will come up in a thread search? I think I did tea tree oil, alcohol and one other thing....can't recall. Will look for it later.

neeleymartin
11-01-2010, 07:40 PM
bump...i am interested in this too.

Nechums
11-01-2010, 07:45 PM
The BBB search engine is pretty much useless (no offense). I can never find previous threads that I know exist. Brittone, if you're reading this, please post your recipe! Or anyone else! Thanks!

doberbrat
11-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Brittone2 did and I copied her idea a couple of years ago. Maybe it will come up in a thread search? I think I did tea tree oil, alcohol and one other thing....can't recall. Will look for it later.

is this the right post?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2270689&postcount=4

"In a pinch I've also used a small travel bottle filled with a little vinegar and distilled water plus some essential oil drops (so it doesn't smell so funky). Target also has a hand sanitizer without Triclosan. It has a high alcohol content, so obviously keep out of reach from a child that might be tempted to actually drink it. "

vludmilla
11-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes, I think that is the post. Glad you found it. I made two bottles of it last year and used it for much of the winter when we were out and about. I was happy enough with it. I think I added another essential oil to make it smell a bit better but I don't know for sure what I added. Could have been lemongrass essential oil?