PDA

View Full Version : We're back, too! (and it's long!)

LarsMal
11-01-2010, 02:39 PM
We got back yesterday just in time to carve pumpkins, throw costumes on, go to the neighborhood party/parade and ToT. We are very tired today!!!

I'll try to make this as short as I can...We had an awesome time! Okay, I'll elaborate a little bit! ;)

We drove from NoVA to WDW. It was a long trip, but the kids did great. They are used to long car rides (we drive to the ILs in IL at least once or twice a year) so I wasn't too worried. I have a new love for the beds at the Hampton Inn hotels! I also fell in love in WDW- with the BJCMD I rented. I think I shed a tear when I had to return it!

We stayed at the Liki Tiki resort, which is off 192. It was about 8 miles from the parks and a great place to stay. It was a little dated, but served our needs well. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo with a full kitchen and w/d. The ILs were in an adjoining room with a 1 bdrm 1 bath condo, with their own full kitchen & w/d. The pool was perfect for our kids and they had a playground, paddle boats, and a 9 hole mini golf course. It was great. It was also close to other restaurants/shopping, so it worked out well.

Sun. 10/24- MK We opened and closed the park (9-7)!! C just napped in her stroller, L&M don't nap. We got A LOT done that day. Fastpasses are awesome, but the crowds really weren't bad at all. We walked right on to most rides, maybe a 10 minute wait, max, for a couple. L did everything he could possibly do. The Haunted Mansion was a huge hit and he rode the Barnstormer roller coaster about 7 times!

Mon- AK I actually didn't plan on going to AK, but we decided last minute to give it a shot. SO glad we did. It was a huge hit with our kids. I wish we had hopper passes because I definitely would've gone back for another 1/2 day. Opened and closed the park that day, too (9-5). I wish it had been open until 7.

Tues- rest day. We hung out at the resort and then went to play mini golf at a course on 192. DH and I had a date night that night- yay!

Wed- MK We got there closer to noon because we were staying for the Electric Parade and fireworks. Another great day, but HOT! The kids loved the parade and fireworks.

Thurs- Epcot We started the morning at our Princess Breakfast while the guys went and got on some of the rides. L loved Soarin' and Test Track. I really had no idea what Epcot was going to be like for our fam, but we ended up opening and closing the park...again! 9-9 that day. Again, I wish we had hopper passes because I would've gone back for a few more hours to spend more time at the countries.

We had originally bought a four-day pass, but added a fifth day so we could go to DHS. I wish we had just gone to Epcot or back to AK. DHS was a total bust. The kids liked Playhouse Disney, but we messed up and didn't get FP for TSM and there was no way we were waiting 2 hours. We ended up leaving around 3. I feel like we ended on a sour note as far as the parks go, but we went and spent time at the pool and then went to another miniature golf course (Jungle Golf- great course!) and then we took them to the boardwalk area which was fun. I think they had a great time!

- Taking our own snacks/drinks in was helpful.
- Fast passes are awesome!
- Lots of stuff for L to do, M just missed the height requirement for a lot of the rides so she missed out on some fun, C was too young to know to be scared, so she really just went along with everything!
- The line for the fairies in MK is ridiculously slow. I really didn't get it!
- Renting a double was perfect (and hearing DH say I was right was wonderful ;) )

We originally said we'd go back in about five years. Now we're thinking 3! I think if we go back around the same time we'll definitely do the NSSH party. I would like to wait just a couple more weeks and get there for the Christmas/holiday stuff.

ETA: I highly recommend going with grandparents or another family/friends if you can (or can stand it!). It was a huge help having the ILs there, well at least having FIL there! The ILs are only in there late 50's so they had plenty of energy and did everything with us. Next time I think we'll have my parents go, though!

TwinFoxes
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm so glad you had fun! I was wondering how you were doing. Glad you liked the BJCMD, it's my every day stroller. :)

LarsMal
11-01-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm so glad you had fun! I was wondering how you were doing. Glad you liked the BJCMD, it's my every day stroller. :)

The trip exceeded our expectations as far as what we accomplished and how the kids handled everything. I think we spent a total of 44 of the possible 52 park hours in the parks (and that included leaving DHS early, which I shouldn't even count). We had a few meltdowns along the way, but nothing worse than any of the other kids I saw having their own!

If I could justify another double I would run out and buy the stroller today! L&M don't generally ride in the stroller anymore so I really only need my single.

K-Bear
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Glad you had a great time!