PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Hex Bugs?

KrisM
11-01-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm just not getting them :). What kids like them?

lalasmama
11-01-2010, 11:14 PM
I haven't managed to figure them out either. Thankfully, La doesn't care about them :)

daisymommy
11-02-2010, 08:42 AM
I think they are a junky fad, but DS loves them :) They are just little micro-chip bug looking things that roam around, and you can buy tracks that they follow along on--sort of like miniature not as cute zhu-zhu pets for boys, LOL!

Tondi G
11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
my boys (9 and 5) like the hex bug nano's. they each got a little track/habitat thing and hook em together and watch their "bugs" crawl around. My 5 year old got a bunch of blocks out and made a maze for the hex bug and thought it was so much fun. they are kinda like mini zhu zhu pets.

hellokitty
11-02-2010, 12:20 PM
We have something I think made by the same brand before hex bugs started to get popular. Let's just say that my kids like them, BUT they are very fragile. Ours broke very quickly.

KrisM
11-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Would you buy the tracks/habitat or just the bugs? Are Nanos the ones to buy or the bigger ones?

daisymommy
11-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Nanos are the small ones. I didn't even know there were bigger ones until today, saw them at Target and we were like "Woa! huge Hexbugs!" LOL!

I would get a Hexbug as a stocking stuffer, and then if they like them, get some tracks later.

Corie
11-06-2010, 03:24 PM
We have one little Nano Hex bug and one big Hex bug.

The Nano is definitely cooler. It is so funny how it moves
and changes directions instantly. Our dog is petrified.

We don't have any tracks/habitat.

It would be a fun stocking stuffer.

kboyle
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM
we have 3 bugs per kid and the track set...the kids like them, but it's short lived...we pull them out once a month or so.

i think the cat is the most mesmerized by them...

Melaine
11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Ohhh this sounds like a cute little gift for the nephews. What's the best price?

o_mom
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
We have one of the little ones and I'm probably getting them all another one for their stocking. I would skip the maze/tracks for them. The boys build their own mazes for it out of Duplos and that is way more fun, IMO. You could also use blocks or legos to make a track for them.

We also have one of the larger remote control ones - it works very well and has stood up to DS2 (we try to keep it away from DS3, though).

o_mom
11-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Ohhh this sounds like a cute little gift for the nephews. What's the best price?

I think the little ones are $7.99 at Target and that's the lowest I have seen (but I haven't been really searching).

Melaine
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I think the little ones are $7.99 at Target and that's the lowest I have seen (but I haven't been really searching).

Thanks! :wavey: