PDA

View Full Version : Short mamas - recommendations on jeans and workout pants?

CharlotteMommy
11-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I need some help finding jeans and workout pants that fit.

I am relatively short (5' 2"), and often find myself between the S and R rises on pants (the S being too short and the R being too long). I usually end up buying the R and wearing with heels. But I'd also like some pants to wear with flats that don't show half my leg when I sit. :)

I am also looking for solutions for workout pants. I have typically purchased the capri pants because they hit lower on my leg than where an actual capri should lay. While it looks better than wearing pants that are too long, they really end up looking like something between capris and pants that fit.

Any other "vertically challenged" mamas out there? Got any specific brand or fit suggestions for jeans or workout pants? TIA for your help!

ett
11-01-2010, 10:26 PM
You can choose the inseam for some of Lands End's jeans.

jent
11-01-2010, 10:46 PM
For workout clothes, Lands End, LLBean, and Athleta all have petite pant lengths. I know you said the petite rise doesn't work for you but perhaps stretchy workout pants will be more forgiving. Athleta is running FS/FR right now, and with Land's End you can return to a Sears store if they don't work out.

The jeans thing is trickier. I am coming to the conclusion that it is worth it to just get something professionally tailored-- much more worth it to have something that fits rather than 5 things that are not quite right.

mom2binsd
11-01-2010, 11:05 PM
For Jeans, I"d get a pair of regular length at a place like Buckle, Nordstroms, etc who do tailoring for free when you buy from them.

The Lands End jeans can look very "mom" like I find. Esp when you're petite, I think getting a jean that really flatters makes all the difference.

I've got a few pair of Lee jeans that were super cheap and they're not the most fashionable, but I got a pair with the lower pockets and more trendy stitching that mimicks the higher end denim, they work for everyday.

For a great pair I'd just go with Lucky Brand or another better brand and tailor them. It's so worth it!

I also always wear heels whether it's shoes or boots so that helps add to my 4'11" frame.

wendibird22
11-02-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm 5'1.5" and get my jeans from Eddie Bauer (petite length) and I've found petite length workout wear at Target, I think it's Champion brand. Oh I also have petite length pants from ATL and I find their petite is a longer hem.

jenrub
11-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm 5'0" and pregnant right now so I have the Gap maternity skinny jeans which I don't have to alter. Pre-pregnancy, I had Hudson, JCrew matchstick, and the one from Urban Outfitters that I didn't have to alter and they are skinny jeans (I think JCrew is straight) while I had True Religion that's bootcut which I had to alter at a cleaners for about $8. Workout pants--- Old Navy and Gap are what I have that I've been wearing both times. I have the Champion ones but I've only worn those pre-pregnancy. Hope that helps!

niccig
11-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I take my jeans to a tailor at the dry cleaners to be hemmed. Like you I'm short but the rise in petite pants is too small.

CharlotteMommy
11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to check some of these out...