PDA

View Full Version : best deal/price to pay for Playmobil School?

calv
11-02-2010, 08:41 AM
title says it all :) Thanks!

ETA: is the TRU price of $84 a good one?

christiedavid3
11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I saw that one too, but it's not the "big" school, it's a smaller version made just for TRU. I'm thinking of getting that one for DS, we don't have space for anything bigger than that and he won't know the difference!

calv
11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I saw that one too, but it's not the "big" school, it's a smaller version made just for TRU. I'm thinking of getting that one for DS, we don't have space for anything bigger than that and he won't know the difference!

oh no? really? i didn't realize that. so what does the big school look like and what can I expect to pay? any links?

kellybelly0513
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I bought the one at TRU. I had a $10 off coupon so with the 20% off sale, I thought it was a pretty good deal.

The one on the Playmobil site looks pretty much the same, I think it is just a little bigger and comes with more accessories.

calv
11-02-2010, 11:23 AM
tell me more please, whats' the $10 off coupon?

wimama
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Here you go:

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4324&cgid=Schule

We got the big school. Only the big school would be expandable in the future, because the expansion pack is for the larger school and goes between the floors of the school. You could add on the gym to either though.

I believe the smaller school is shorter in width, doesn't come with as many accessories and doesn't have the bathrooms. We bought our DS the big one. I was really into miniatures and dollhouses when I was kid. We probably could have gone with the smaller one, but I kind of feel like this may be my only opportunity to buy my DS a "dollhouse". He has asked for the accessories as well, so we splurged on the bigger school. I am having a blast accessorizing it.:love-retry:

wimama
11-02-2010, 11:31 AM
We bought our school at Learning Express on sale. Our Learning Express just sent us a coupon for 25% off one item. And our other local Learning store carries Playmobil and puts out a good coupon around Black Friday. I bought the accessories at Toysrus when they had a buy two get one free on Playmobil. That worked out to be about a 30-33% discount. Hope that helps!

calv
11-02-2010, 11:32 AM
We bought our school at Learning Express on sale. Our Learning Express just sent us a coupon for 25% off one item. And our other local Learning store carries Playmobil and puts out a good coupon around Black Friday. I bought the accessories at Toysrus when they had a buy two get one free on Playmobil. That worked out to be about a 30-33% discount. Hope that helps!

how much was it at learning express w/the 25% coupon and is it the bigger school house?

ett
11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
how much was it at learning express w/the 25% coupon and is it the bigger school house?

It's probably the bigger one since the smaller one is a TRU exclusive. The price will probably vary between different Learning Express stores since they are all independently owned. The Learning Express in my town jacks up the prices ridiculously high. When they have a 20% off sale, that brings most of their prices down to retail price.

wimama
11-02-2010, 12:42 PM
All my local Learning Express prices are consistant with the list prices on the Playmobil website. So, the 25% would be off the $169.99 list price. We just received our Learning Express Holiday catalog and it had two coupons on the back. One was the 25% off one item coupon. I can't remember the other coupon's details.

Toysrus prices seem to be consistent with the Playmobil list prices as well. On the other hand our other learning store has a pretty significant marked up prices on Playmobil. They had the school priced at $179.99. And that store's other Playmobil is marked up at by even larger percentages. So, it pays to comparison shop a bit. My DS is just starting to get into Playmobil. I marked down what the list prices should be on several items that DS liked and compared prices at our local stores. Now, I know it has to be a really, really good percent off coupon for me to buy anything at our other local learning store.

My local Learning Express store owner thinks the school building may be one of the hot items this year. Like the Pyramid was last year. So, I hunted a good deal on the school down early this year. The school is the only thing on my DS Christmas list right now.

christiedavid3
11-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if Barnes & Noble has the school? I was in a store a few weeks ago and was quite impressed at their expanded toy selection. If they have it, I could use my 30% kids club coupon on that. hmmmmm...

wimama
11-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know if Barnes & Noble has the school? I was in a store a few weeks ago and was quite impressed at their expanded toy selection. If they have it, I could use my 30% kids club coupon on that. hmmmmm...

No, I really would not expect them to. Our local store didn't and the items they had in the store seem consistent with what Barnes&Noble has online. They did have some other larger sets like the Wildlife Station, Vet Clinic, Camper and ambulance.

christiedavid3
11-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Ooooh the camper...thanks! I want to get this for DS and 30% off would be great!

twindad
11-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Right now Ridge Road Station has it on sale for $144.99 shipped.

http://www.ridgeroadstation.com/istar.asp?a=29&manufacturer=253&dept=TOYS&class=&subclass=&icon1=8

kellybelly0513
11-03-2010, 07:35 AM
tell me more please, whats' the $10 off coupon?

I had a $10 off $50 purchase coupon that I got in the mail.

alien_host
11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I went for the TRU version. TRU is offering 10% in rewards on purchases through 12/24 so I figured that helped. I also got the $10 gift card for spending more than $75.

I figured I'd return and rebuy if I see it much cheaper before Christmas. I already got a bunch of the accessory kits at the buy 2 get 1 free sale in Sept (?).

ett
11-06-2010, 01:48 AM

Is it this one?
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Furnished-School-Building/Playmobil/e/4008789043245/?itm=73&USRI=playmobil

I also see the other school add ons on the B&N website.

kellybelly0513
11-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Ooh, interesting. The B&N one does not have a picture, but that must be it. With the 30% off, that is a really good deal! I might return the TRU one and get that one instead!

wimama
11-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Is it this one?
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Furnished-School-Building/Playmobil/e/4008789043245/?itm=73&USRI=playmobil

I also see the other school add ons on the B&N website.

They must have just added the school stuff to their website. I didn't see iton their site the other day. If anyone hasn't signed up for Barnes & Noble Kids Club, you get a 30% off coupon for signing up, and it is good on toys. So, that would bring the online price to $107.00. That is good deal. We didn't get that good of a price.

alien_host
11-06-2010, 10:27 AM
They must have just added the school stuff to their website. I didn't see iton their site the other day. If anyone hasn't signed up for Barnes & Noble Kids Club, you get a 30% off coupon for signing up, and it is good on toys. So, that would bring the online price to $107.00. That is good deal. We didn't get that good of a price.

I wish my B&N coupon would get here!

ett
11-06-2010, 10:36 AM
I wish my B&N coupon would get here!

I'm still waiting for mine too! I asked an SA at the B&N store yesterday and they didn't really know how long it takes to get the coupon either.

alien_host
11-06-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm still waiting for mine too! I asked an SA at the B&N store yesterday and they didn't really know how long it takes to get the coupon either.

I just called, check your account, my e-mail preferences were set to "no" for some odd reason. She is still looking into it for me b/c now I feel that they won't send it b/c I had asked for no e-mails :shrug:

ETA: She said she made a note to re-send it and to call back next week if I don't get the e-mail. I have no idea how the settings got changed to "no e-mails" because I used to receive them. Strange.

Mamma2004
11-06-2010, 02:18 PM

I gave up on B&N since no school items were listed in their Playmobil products. I ordered the school from Ridge Road Station for $144.99, shipped. RATS, my 30% off coupon would have been GREAT for that!

wimama
11-06-2010, 02:32 PM
I gave up on B&N since no school items were listed in their Playmobil products. I ordered the school from Ridge Road Station for $144.99, shipped. RATS, my 30% off coupon would have been GREAT for that!

My sentiments exactly. We bought the School at Learning Express for around 20-25% off and bought the accessories at Toyrus's Buy 2 Get 1 free Playmobil sale (~ slightly over 30% off each). I was too impatient to risk all the schools selling out before a good deal came along. It is one of the now two things DS is asking for for Christmas and he has been asking for it since the end of August.

I was wrong - the below is not correct
But, I sure would have liked to use that B&N coupon for 30% and for most items B&N club members get another 10% off right? Not sure if it would apply with the kids club member coupon?

kellybelly0513
11-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I am still waiting for my B&N coupon too. I hope it comes soon!

ett
11-06-2010, 08:06 PM
My sentiments exactly. We bought the School at Learning Express for around 20-25% off and bought the accessories at Toyrus's Buy 2 Get 1 free Playmobil sale (~ slightly over 30% off each). I was too impatient to risk all the schools selling out before a good deal came along. It is one of the now two things DS is asking for for Christmas and he has been asking for it since the end of August.

But, I sure would have liked to use that B&N coupon for 30% and for most items B&N club members get another 10% off right? Not sure if it would apply with the kids club member coupon?

I don't think the 10% discount for B&N members works for kids club members.

KrisM
11-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Right now Ridge Road Station has it on sale for $144.99 shipped.

http://www.ridgeroadstation.com/istar.asp?a=29&manufacturer=253&dept=TOYS&class=&subclass=&icon1=8

Thanks for the link. I don't want the school, but did want the Unicorn advent calendar and they have it for $16.99 and it was still free shipping. Not sure why on the shipping, but I'll take it :).

jvs195
11-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the link. I don't want the school, but did want the Unicorn advent calendar and they have it for $16.99 and it was still free shipping. Not sure why on the shipping, but I'll take it :).

There is a block of red writing at order time that says your card will be charged the actual shipping cost once they process it. It's misleading because it does complete the sale with a $0 shipping. Free shipping is for $40 or more orders.

ett
11-07-2010, 08:38 AM
I just called, check your account, my e-mail preferences were set to "no" for some odd reason. She is still looking into it for me b/c now I feel that they won't send it b/c I had asked for no e-mails :shrug:

ETA: She said she made a note to re-send it and to call back next week if I don't get the e-mail. I have no idea how the settings got changed to "no e-mails" because I used to receive them. Strange.

Interesting. After I signed up, and didn't get any kind of email confirmation, I also went to check my account and it was set to "no email" when I never changed that setting. So I checked the preferences in DH's BN account and it was set to receive emails. I signed up for the kids club under his account and I still haven't received any emails from them. So I'm not sure if it's because of that email setting. I guess I will have to give BN a call sometime.

kellybelly0513
11-07-2010, 09:09 AM
The email does not come right away. From what I heard on another board, it takes about a week.

KrisM
11-07-2010, 09:09 AM
There is a block of red writing at order time that says your card will be charged the actual shipping cost once they process it. It's misleading because it does complete the sale with a $0 shipping. Free shipping is for $40 or more orders.

You know, I read that, and thought that they were just saying they charge actual shipping, except when it's free and since mine was showing $0, I figured it was free. But, reading it again, you're right. I really dislike that and now wish I had not ordered at all.

wimama
11-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't think the 10% discount for B&N members works for kids club members.

You are correct. :yeahthat:

I redeemed our coupon to buy a book yesterday and the total discount with out membership and the coupon was 30%, so no extra percentage off for B&N members. And, yes it was kind of lame just buying a book with our 30% off coupon, but DS Christmas shopping is now pretty much done and I have two bins of stockpiled gifts. I don't need to add to my stockpile right now.

alien_host
11-08-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm debating on getting the school from B&N with the 30% off code, ebates is 8%.

I already purchased the TRU version and I really can't decide which is better and if it's worth the extra money to go with the bigger one.

Any thoughts?

ETA: I noticed on evreward that AAA members can get 10% off at BN.com, anyone think that it is stackable with the 30%? Probably not right?

ett
11-08-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm debating on getting the school from B&N with the 30% off code, ebates is 8%.

I already purchased the TRU version and I really can't decide which is better and if it's worth the extra money to go with the bigger one.

Any thoughts?

ETA: I noticed on evreward that AAA members can get 10% off at BN.com, anyone think that it is stackable with the 30%? Probably not right?

This is a couple of years ago, so it might be different now. But when you log in through AAA to get the 10% off, it's like a different BN site and there was no link to the Toys section. So the discount doesn't work on the toys. I think it was stackable with any coupon codes though. But this was a long time ago so you should probably check out what it does now.

Did they email you the 30% off code again? I still need to call them.

calv
11-08-2010, 01:10 PM
has anyone actually purchased the school @ B&N.com and had the 30% come off? I can't get it to work! :(

alien_host
11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
This is a couple of years ago, so it might be different now. But when you log in through AAA to get the 10% off, it's like a different BN site and there was no link to the Toys section. So the discount doesn't work on the toys. I think it was stackable with any coupon codes though. But this was a long time ago so you should probably check out what it does now.

Did they email you the 30% off code again? I still need to call them.

Thanks, I didn't get mine but I signed DH up in case mine didn't come through. He got his coupon last night (and I signed him up Saturday!). Go figure...

I noticed you can use In-store and online - both, once each, which is nice.

alien_host
11-08-2010, 01:29 PM
has anyone actually purchased the school @ B&N.com and had the 30% come off? I can't get it to work! :(

I tried it and got a message that it is not elibible. Some of the PM sets have a "BN Kids Club eligible" icon on it, this does not :( I wonder if there is a $$ limit.

keh602
11-08-2010, 01:31 PM

I was going to post this myself. I don't understand why it doesn't work, since the only exclusions they give for toys are past orders and pre-orders. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong!

calv
11-08-2010, 01:32 PM
very frusterating. was hoping to score it at 30% off. I should of known it was too good to be true =(

christiedavid3
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Oh no! I hadn't tried to use it on the school, but I was going to. I wonder if you called CS if they could push it through.

kellybelly0513
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh bummer, I still have not gotten my email, but I was hoping that it would work.

lovebebes
12-01-2010, 02:06 AM
I saw here that Barnes and Noble had the school and so I joined kids club to get the 30% off code.
Then someone posted the code was not working on the school..then I went to the site and the school wasnt on there at all.

Anyway, the other day I randomly decided to check again and the school showed up! Without photo though. I called them to make sure it was actually in stock and they said it was. So i tried the 30% off code and it worked!
I just checked and I have shipping confirmation.

This is what it came out to:

Product Description Quantity Ship Date Price
Furnished School Building 1 11-29-2010 $118.99

Sub Total: $118.99
Shipping & Processing: FREE
Tax: $11.60
Total Shipment Price: $130.59

Now i check the site and the school does not show up again. I say keep an eye on it because it seems to be playing peekaboo!