PDA

View Full Version : Length to hem jeans

niccig
11-02-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm short, 5'3" and I've just gotten some new cords and jeans. The jeans fit nicely with a bit of a heel, so I thought I would keep one pair longer for wearing with heels, and shorten the other pair of flats.

Ideally I would be able to wear the jeans with heels and flats, but I always end up with the jean under my shoe, and over time all the hems of my jeans rip off...is there any other way other than have jeans hemmed to different lengths??

VClute
11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
If they're straight leg or skinnies, I keep them the longer length and cuff them when wearing with flats. If they're bootcut, I keep them the longer length and just kinda flip up the back a little when wearing flats. (But bootcut doesn't look that great with flats, IMO.)

salsah
11-03-2010, 01:52 AM
unfortunately, i don't think that you can wear the same pants with both heels and flats. you need different length pants with different height shoes.

crl
11-03-2010, 09:00 AM
I sometimes keep jeans long when they are new to wear with nicer tops and heels and have them hemmed for flats as they get faded and relegated to more casual wear.

Catherine

peanut520
11-04-2010, 12:55 PM
i typically buy 2 pairs of jeans if i find a deal and love the fit so i have a pair to wear with flats/flip flops and one to wear with heels or boots (cuffed).

oneplustwo
11-06-2010, 02:15 AM
I think your best option is to hem them different lengths for the different shoes. But you could also try reverse cuffing the jeans (folding the hem inside rather than out) and using double-sided sticky tape to hold it in place when you wear flats.