PDA

View Full Version : What shoes with navy?

wendibird22
11-02-2010, 01:41 PM
I have navy dress pants that I wear frequently to work. They are a very dark navy. Today the heal on my quite old navy shoes busted. Wondering what color shoes I should get to replace them with. Another navy pair? It's hard to find cute and non-granny looking navy. I do have black, chocolate brown, and wine. I have worn all of those with the navy pants if the top I'm wearing agrees with the shoe color. But, I do have times were I'm wearing the pants with a white or cream top or a mostly navy top and those 3 just don't seem right.

Oh, and do I have to match the belt to the shoes?

Sweetum
11-02-2010, 01:43 PM
How about those wine shoes? I think they should go well enough with white blouses.

weech
11-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm a huge fan of gray/silver shoes (and I love the gray/navy combo!). I don't wear belts, so not sure about that one...

crl
11-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I'd do the wine. Or if you want a new pair anyway, I think the grey suggestion is good. I'd go with dark grey for navy pants.

Catherine

ETA: I'd probably do a navy belt and not match the shoes.

BabyBearsMom
11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
I wear grey suede shoes with navy. I just got a gorgeous pair at Nordstrom Rack.

wendibird22
11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
So would you do grey if the top was a light sage green? What if the sweater was nautical-ish (navy, with white and yellow accents)?

I like the idea of grey because I could then wear them with grey or black pants and so much more versatile than a navy pair.

Is grey a fall/winter color or could I get away with that in the spring too?