PDA

View Full Version : Bath Questions

indigo99
11-02-2010, 04:18 PM
DS LOVES his baths, but he's outgrown his Euro tub. I tried him in the full bath one day, and he slipped and hit his head. What do people use on the tub bottom to prevent sliding? Do you use those sticky things or...?? I don't want to mess up the tub.

Also, I'm looking for some good tub toys. When I was little, we had something that suctioned to the side of the tub with a little wheel that would turn when you poured water on it. Does anyone know where I can get something like that? I do not want anything with batteries.

dec756
11-02-2010, 04:34 PM
i just use a slip proof clear mat from home depot..works great. no more slips :)
we have not used any toys yet..he is 10 months. costco has a cool bath set that he is getting for xmas

jerigirl
11-02-2010, 05:01 PM
we use this one:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=12390491&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping

It was the only one that I found to actually stick to the tub. The others that I tried just floated in the water.

indigo99
11-02-2010, 05:25 PM
we use this one:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=12390491&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping

It was the only one that I found to actually stick to the tub. The others that I tried just floated in the water.

That says machine washable, but I always get nervous putting things like that in our machine. Does it get moldy underneath or do you hang it up to dry after each bath? I can't imagine that you do if it really has two HUNDRED suction cups. Seems like a pain to pull up.

indigo99
11-02-2010, 05:27 PM
i just use a slip proof clear mat from home depot..works great. no more slips :)
we have not used any toys yet..he is 10 months. costco has a cool bath set that he is getting for xmas

Does that mat have suction cups?

We don't have costco here (just Sams club, but I'm not a member), and I've tried looking locally with no luck so far. I'm hoping to find something I can purchase online.

jerigirl
11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
That says machine washable, but I always get nervous putting things like that in our machine. Does it get moldy underneath or do you hang it up to dry after each bath? I can't imagine that you do if it really has two HUNDRED suction cups. Seems like a pain to pull up.

We have a towel rack on the wall opposite the shower head so I just pull it up and hang it over that. No mold. I don't feel like it is a pain with all of the suction cups.

sariana
11-02-2010, 06:43 PM
but he's outgrown his Euro tub.

:47: How big is he?!? My son made it to age 2, and DD would have done also, but we went on vacation and she got used to a regular tub. So we ditched the Euro tub early with her.

indigo99
11-02-2010, 11:16 PM
It isn't that he's so big if he wanted to just sit in one spot or if it was just one open tub. He moves all around though, and that big thing sticking up in the middle gets in the way. He ends up sitting with his genitals all smashed up against it or with a leg twisted around. He gets so annoyed with it that he just stands up or tries to hang over the side of the tub to play with his cups outside the tub.

I can understand him not wanting to have to just sit in one spot. It's much more fun to move around.

sariana
11-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Ah, I see. "Outgrown" developmentally, not physically.

I don't have any advice; we don't use anything in the tub. Both DC have slipped around, including falling over on their sides. But it was never a big deal for them. They love to play in the tub, so they just shook it off. I don't let them get in or out on their own, though, for fear of a more serious fall.