PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lowes coupon question.....

liz
11-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I need to buy a fridge and I remembered that someone mentioned a 10% coupon from Lowes (available from the post office). Does anyone know if it would qualify towards a large ticket item?

I need to buy this fridge ASAP, but the coupon would be worth 160$.......TIA

MommyofAmaya
11-02-2010, 05:43 PM
There are usually brand exclusions, so it depends on the brand, but I know it works on most items (even big ticket).

honeycomb
11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
not if it is already on sale. if lowe's has a 10% deal on a particular item and that's the one you want, you can't "double dip" 10% on top of another 10% deal. HTH!

liz
11-02-2010, 06:10 PM
not if it is already on sale. if lowe's has a 10% deal on a particular item and that's the one you want, you can't "double dip" 10% on top of another 10% deal. HTH!

Darn, I think that is the case. I will ask anyway. Oh well, I guess that saves me trip to the post office. Thanks!

indigo99
11-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Do you have HH Gregg nearby? They'll usually beat any price I bring them on appliances. They're tough negotiators, and you have to be ready to walk. I've seen them follow people out to the parking lot to make a better offer though so don't just accept their first price. You can also get extended warranty for free or buy one year get 3 offers out of it if you're really good.

turtledove
11-02-2010, 06:14 PM

Actually this depends on the store/cashier/manager. DH just bought a snow thrower that was on sale (15% off) and we were allowed to use our 10% off coupon. They did need manager approval, so I could easily see a manager saying no to using the coupon with an item on sale.

JTsMom
11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Definitely shop around, and try to negotiate. I was shocked how much we were able to play all of our stores against each other when we bought appliances. Even 2 Best Buys competed against each other!

liz
11-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Do you have HH Gregg nearby? They'll usually beat any price I bring them on appliances. They're tough negotiators, and you have to be ready to walk. I've seen them follow people out to the parking lot to make a better offer though so don't just accept their first price. You can also get extended warranty for free or buy one year get 3 offers out of it if you're really good.

Nope, no HH Gregg- but I heard great things about them in Consumer reports

Actually this depends on the store/cashier/manager. DH just bought a snow thrower that was on sale (15% off) and we were allowed to use our 10% off coupon. They did need manager approval, so I could easily see a manager saying no to using the coupon with an item on sale.

Definitely shop around, and try to negotiate. I was shocked how much we were able to play all of our stores against each other when we bought appliances. Even 2 Best Buys competed against each other!

Thanks for the tips. We are headed out now to see if we can buy a fridge - I will definitely try to play the game a bit. Wish me luck!

alien_host
11-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Home Depot also offers a moving coupon and you can register on-line and they e-mail it to you. 10% off. Lowes and HD will typically take competitor's coupons.

willow33
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
We bought a dishwasher, fridge and microwave in August and used a 10% off coupon on top of the sale price at Lowes. The managers there definitely have the option/ability to make it happen. Good luck!!

liz
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
We just came back from Lowes and we bought a fridge! The first time we went to Lowes the helpful salesperson said he would give us a 10% discount off the original price(the fridge wasn't on sale then). Whe we went back today, the fridge was on sale and when we mentioned what the other salesperson said about the 10% discount, he agreed to honor it, no problem. Woohoo :boogie: So we saved about 153$ on top of the sale price (no need for the moving coupon). He did have to call the manager to override, but it wasn't a big deal. My DH said there was an area on the computer that said something like "hagglers card" or somesuch, and that's all they have to do to get the extra discount. hths