PDA

View Full Version : plasma car question.

chozen
11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
are there any differences between them? i see such a large price diff. on amazon from one to another and i was just wondering if they are all the same sz. etc. and if you have one what do u think of them?

brittone2
11-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Would you mind if I piggybacked w/ a question on these?

Are they in Costco this year? I keep forgetting to look. I usually shuffle my kids past the toy aisle pretty quickly ;)

We've played with them indoors but don't own any. How well do they work outside on asphalt, like a paved driveway? I know the consensus is once they go outside, don't bring them inside (since the wheels will get scuffed up and potentially scratch up the floors). I was wondering if they work well for anyone outside?

o_mom
11-03-2010, 11:03 AM
We have a trash-picked knock-off. It works OK outside on concrete (driveway/sidewalk), but much better/faster in the garage with the smooth concrete. I haven't tried asphalt like a driveway (our streets are rougher than a typical asphalt driveway). I can't compare to the name-brand, but ours has worked very well. I had to tighten the steering wheel up, which is probably why it was in the trash, but since then, no issues. ETA: Within the name-brand ones, I think there are different weight limits, which might be the price difference. I have heard people say to get the higher-limit ones so that adults can use them as well.

chozen
11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
thank u for the response i will check the weight limits.:)

codex57
11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I only saw it briefly at Costco once. They got snatched up QUICK! We shoulda bought more than one.

They work ok outside. However, they are MUCH better inside on smooth flooring. I'd really just consider it an inside toy unless your outside concrete is totally smooth like a garage floor or maybe a basketball court. Your typical sidewalk is too rough and uneven. Mainly it's all the cut lines/cracks and non-level areas that make it hard to use outside.

christiedavid3
11-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Ours does not work well on rough pavement, does much better on a driveway or sidewalk, but a smooth surface is the best.

Keep an eye out...I picked one up during the Target one-day 50% off toys online sale before Christmas last year, for $25.

katydid1971
11-03-2010, 02:23 PM
If I remember right they were at Costco in the spring with the outdoor summer toys.

chozen
11-03-2010, 02:54 PM
how do the plasma cars do on hard wood floors?

ett
11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
how do the plasma cars do on hard wood floors?

They work great on our hardwood floors. Some people say not to use them on hardwood floors because the wheels may scratch the floors. But our floors are so beat up already so I'm not worried about that.

Melanie
11-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I have an older plasma car and recently upgraded the wheels to the more rubbery-ones, I believe they're like razor wheels. It made a HUGE difference!

chozen
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM
They work great on our hardwood floors. Some people say not to use them on hardwood floors because the wheels may scratch the floors. But our floors are so beat up already so I'm not worried about that.

do they seem to scratch the floor?

ett
11-03-2010, 11:21 PM
do they seem to scratch the floor?

I haven't noticed anything that really stood out.