PDA

View Full Version : Candy swaps? Post them here.

mamicka
11-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Heard about this one today - took the boys there for lunch.
Noodles & Company is helping with the “Candy Coma.” When kids 12 and under bring in some of their candy stash on Sunday, November 7th, they will receive one free SMALL noodle bowl. Yum!

They don't seem to be advertising it well at all but I've found it listed in CA also so I know it's not only local.

If you know of a candy swap deal, please share it here. :D

MichelleRC
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Our school is participating in Operation Gratitude--we are collecting candy which will be delivered to the troops overseas. I think it is a national organization.

kijip
11-04-2010, 01:51 AM
There are a couple of dentists in my area that will pay $4 a pound for the candy, with $2 to the kid and $2 to a charity.

Corie
11-04-2010, 09:05 AM
There are a couple of dentists in my area that will pay $4 a pound for the candy, with $2 to the kid and $2 to a charity.

I'm always curious as to what the dentists do with all the candy. Do they
turn around and donate it somewhere?

anamika
11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I think ours sends it to the troops.

lablover
11-04-2010, 12:10 PM
We have an orthodontist that buys back candy at $1/lb and they also give a matching donation to the elementary school. They also gave us a little goody bag with a small toothpaste and pencil. They will send the candy to the troops as part of Operation Gratitude.

LMPC
11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I love that all these swaps exist, but I am finding it funny that lots of them send the loot to our troops! I just imagine the box being opened in Afghanistan...."Oh no! More candy!"

fortato
11-04-2010, 02:13 PM
If you send me your Almond Joys, I will send you a photo of my gigantic ass.

How's that for a swap?

k_null81
11-04-2010, 03:23 PM
If you send me your Almond Joys, I will send you a photo of my gigantic ass.

How's that for a swap?

LMAO! I thought I was reading a craigslist post for a second.

YouAreTheFocus
11-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Do kids really go along with getting $1 a pound for their candy? I'm picturing a kid holding a single dollar bill in one hand and a bag of candy in the other. Me, I'd chose the candy :)