PDA

View Full Version : Best photo hosting/printing site? Shutterfly? Snapfish?

dukie41181
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
We are looking to upload a bunch of photos and order prints. What is the best site (and I like deals too!)? I've heard of Shutterfly and Snapfish before but are there others? What do you recommend and why?

rlu
11-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I've used both in the past, mainly for annual calendars. I think they are about the same quality wise, so I go for the best deal.

Not sure if you want to use as a share website as well. If so, I am using the share feature on shutterfly for our scout den website so everyone can share pictures and videos plus use the calendar and sign-up pages. I restricted access by email address so only den members can access.

srhs
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
We used a really great photographer recently. She offers one of those "buy all the edited files, print your own" packages. She highly recommended mpix for "high quality prints" and the 8x10s are something crazy like $2. We haven't got our order together yet so I can't verify.

Otherwise, I seem to have an account at them all and then just jump on the deals. If you are going to sign up (Snapfish, Shutterfly, ETC), let a friend or family refer you. They get free prints out of it. :)

Babymakes3
I have been using Shutterfly mostly, unless Snapfish has a great deal on free prints, and I really like it so far! I don't think i've paid for any prints yet and i've printed about 500 so far between my codes and my SIL's codes she sends me.
The upload thing is a separate screen and goes relatively quickly. I have everything separated into different albums and for a while I kept losing them but I think it's straightened out now. Navigating Shutterfly can be a bit tricky at times I think.

SnuggleBuggles
I prefer Shutterfly. Snapfish has too many preset things when it comes to making cool projects and it just annoyed me. I also use Google's Picasa. It's free, it's a good photo organizing/ editing software and you can post albums, share pics...worth looking at.

Beth

groundhog74
11-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I put all of my photos online with Picasa. I sometimes buy from Shutterfly or even Snapfish. For just prints I almost always use Costco though.

bluestarfish18
11-03-2010, 03:57 PM
If I was using something for strictly sharing, I'd use snapfish or picasa.

But if I print ANYTHING, I always use ritz. Consistantly the best quality products I've seen in a while.

brgnmom
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
We are looking to upload a bunch of photos and order prints. What is the best site (and I like deals too!)? I've heard of Shutterfly and Snapfish before but are there others? What do you recommend and why?

I've compared my shutterfly matte prints + photobooks w/ snapfish ones that I've ordered, and I like the shutterfly ones the best. I've also ordered photo cards via Costco, and I'm content with their quality as well.

fumofu
11-03-2010, 05:25 PM
We used a really great photographer recently. She offers one of those "buy all the edited files, print your own" packages. She highly recommended mpix for "high quality prints" and the 8x10s are something crazy like $2. We haven't got our order together yet so I can't verify.

Otherwise, I seem to have an account at them all and then just jump on the deals. If you are going to sign up (Snapfish, Shutterfly, ETC), let a friend or family refer you. They get free prints out of it. :)

My wedding photographer also suggested mpix, and the quality is so much better. But it's hard for me to justify the cost.

I find the deals first then upload to whichever site to get prints. Besides shutterfly and snapfish I use Kodak, Ritz, riteaid, Walgreens, etc