PDA

View Full Version : Post your sweater finds

DrSally
11-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't know why I'm so obsessed with clothes lately. I used to really enjoy buying clothes for myself, and then had a 5 year hiatus from buying really almost anything for myself. I've lost some weight and feel good about myself, and feel like I'm playing catch up with looking semi-pulled together and a bit more stylish. So thanks for indulging me. I think many of us are in the same boat with not paying attention to our look for a long time.

I was at Macy's today and saw this in cream and thought it was adorable.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=502203&CategoryID=260&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DStyle%26co.%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D 40
It was more expensive in the store, and of course, they don't have cream online. I almost never shop at Macys, so I don't know their game. Do they freq have coupons? The other thing is that, why does this have to be in acrylic? I just hate how acrylic wears. ON has a similar style sweater, but it buttons at the neck and reviewers have found that annoying.

pastrygirl
11-03-2010, 05:07 PM
You and me both, LOL! I can't seem to stop shopping, even if I don't buy anything.

Get thee to the Nordstrom sale! Tons of cute sweaters and cardigans!!

DrSally
11-03-2010, 05:17 PM
You and me both, LOL! I can't seem to stop shopping, even if I don't buy anything.

Get thee to the Nordstrom sale! Tons of cute sweaters and cardigans!!

I really should. I've already heard on blogs people are finding super cute stuff.

ett
11-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Me too! I've neglected myself for the last 7 years while I had the kids all decked out in cute clothes. Well, it's no fun to buy for DS1 anymore now that he's 7 and DS2 has all the hand me downs, so I'm focusing on myself now.

I've also been looking for some cute sweaters but am having a hard time because I don't want any that contain acrylic.

I only had about half an hour at Nordstrom's this morning so I just checked out the kids section. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to properly shop for myself in that short time period.

DebbieJ
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
My favorite sweater so far this season is a Calvin Klein v-neck that I bought at Costco! LOL! I liked it so much I went back to get more in other colors. Wearing the brown one now.

pastrygirl
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Me too! I've neglected myself for the last 7 years while I had the kids all decked out in cute clothes. Well, it's no fun to buy for DS1 anymore now that he's 7 and DS2 has all the hand me downs, so I'm focusing on myself now.

I've also been looking for some cute sweaters but am having a hard time because I don't want any that contain acrylic.

I only had about hour an hour at Nordstrom's this morning so I just checked out the kids section. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to properly shop for myself in that short time period.I was in Natick for only an hour this morning -- is that where you were? I got some kids shoes and then moved upstairs. :) I wish I had more time!

PunkyBoo
11-03-2010, 06:36 PM
AT Loft is having Buy 1 sweater, get one 50% off. So yesterday I got 2 sweaters and used a 20% off $100 coupon (I also got a bracelet for my sister's b-day). I love the brown ruffle-front cardigan I got- it's just ruffle-y enough to be feminine without being overdone.
http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=29319&N=1200006&pCategoryId=3359&categoryId=200&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_200&loc=hpsweaters&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Otter Brown&defaultSizeType=Regular

When I went back today to exchange one of the sweaters (I grabbed the wrong size), they were also having 30% off all sale items, so I also got 2 tops and a pair of pants for $38. Yup, 2 tops, 2 sweaters, pants, and a bracelet for $138 including tax. I'm quite proud of myself. :boogie:

ett
11-03-2010, 11:07 PM
I was in Natick for only an hour this morning -- is that where you were? I got some kids shoes and then moved upstairs. :) I wish I had more time!

Yup, I was in Natick this morning. I would have had more time if I didn't spend so long checking out the Halloween clearance at Target. Perhaps I will go back with DS2 later this week. He can tolerate clothes shopping with me.

LarsMal
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Sweaters are my thing. Some people are into shoes, others are into accessorizing, I :heartbeat: sweaters! I just got the EB catalog the other day and dogeared about four different pages.

I like this one:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=38334&&categoryId=95&categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS&pCategoryId=3&pCategoryName=WOMEN&gpCategoryId=1&gpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=95~~categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS~~pCategoryId=3~~pCategoryName=WOMEN~~gpC ategoryId=1~~gpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=y

I already have one like this that I got at Loft a couple seasons ago- love it!

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=38335&&categoryId=95&categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS&pCategoryId=3&pCategoryName=WOMEN&gpCategoryId=1&gpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=95~~categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS~~pCategoryId=3~~pCategoryName=WOMEN~~gpC ategoryId=1~~gpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=y

I want one of these in winter white

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=38332&&categoryId=95&categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS&pCategoryId=3&pCategoryName=WOMEN&gpCategoryId=1&gpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=95~~categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS~~pCategoryId=3~~pCategoryName=WOMEN~~gpC ategoryId=1~~gpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=y

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=38325&&categoryId=95&categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS&pCategoryId=3&pCategoryName=WOMEN&gpCategoryId=1&gpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=95~~categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS~~pCategoryId=3~~pCategoryName=WOMEN~~gpC ategoryId=1~~gpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=y

And this one:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=38163

boltfam
11-04-2010, 11:40 PM
The other thing is that, why does this have to be in acrylic? I just hate how acrylic wears.

ITA! have sworn off acrylic because I'm so sick of my sweaters looking like junk after 1 season of wear, and SO many sweaters have it. The sweater you posted is really cute.

I might be returning it because it's dry clean or hand wash only but really LOVE it.
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=38327&&categoryId=95&categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS&p

and I really want this but, um, it needs to go on sale - big time
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK613/Womens-Cosy-Cable-Coat.html?NavGroupID=6

DrSally
11-04-2010, 11:50 PM
ITA! have sworn off acrylic because I'm so sick of my sweaters looking like junk after 1 season of wear, and SO many sweaters have it. The sweater you posted is really cute.

I might be returning it because it's dry clean or hand wash only but really LOVE it.
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=38327&&categoryId=95&categoryName=SWEATERS--CARDIGANS&p

and I really want this but, um, it needs to go on sale - big time
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK613/Womens-Cosy-Cable-Coat.html?NavGroupID=6

In my shopping adventures, I've noticed that the trendier sweaters are acrylic or acrylic blend (better, but still not great). The price isn't lowered for the inferior fabric though!

ETA: Love, love, love the Boden one. The EB one is cute too. REally, how many times are you going to wash it?

boltfam
11-05-2010, 12:28 AM
In my shopping adventures, I've noticed that the trendier sweaters are acrylic or acrylic blend (better, but still not great). The price isn't lowered for the inferior fabric though!

ETA: Love, love, love the Boden one. The EB one is cute too. REally, how many times are you going to wash it?

Yeah, what's up with the high prices for cr@ppy fabric?! Unfortunately, I have to wash my sweaters often as I always end up with snot streaks from my DC on my shoulders. *sigh*

ett
11-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Yeah, what's up with the high prices for cr@ppy fabric?! Unfortunately, I have to wash my sweaters often as I always end up with snot streaks from my DC on my shoulders. *sigh*

At first I thought it was the cheaper brands that used acrylic, but then I noticed that even the better brands are using it too. I saw that some of the LE Canvas sweaters contain acrylic too, which is disappointing. I guess I can always return the sweater if it doesn't hold up after one season, since they have a great return policy.

citymama
11-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Sweaters are my thing. Some people are into shoes, others are into accessorizing, I :heartbeat: sweaters! I just got the EB catalog the other day and dogeared about four different pages.

I don't usually look at EB for sweaters but I really like these! I'm going to wait for them to go on sale though.

I've also been eying some Boden sweaters - also to look out for on sale. I don't even know where to begin there...

Anthropologie has some cute sweaters - I bought a couple on sale the other day but had the baby with me so barely tried them on. I had to take them back because they were way too itchy on me after 5 minutes of wearing.

So, if anyone sees any soft Merino or Cashmere sweaters, let me know!

LarsMal
11-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't usually look at EB for sweaters but I really like these! I'm going to wait for them to go on sale though.

So, if anyone sees any soft Merino or Cashmere sweaters, let me know!

I don't either. I think I have one that DH got me a couple years ago, but I almost threw the catalog away without looking. I'll wait for sales, too.

I have a cashmere sweater on today that DH got me at ATLoft last Christmas on a great sale. Love cashmere, not the price!

DrSally
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I've been stalking and bidding on some EUC cashmere items on Ebay. I have a few cashmere blend sweaters I won for $10-15. I'll let you know how they arrive and if it seems worth it to go that route. Now, I'm wondering if I should keep them in the freezer for 3 days in case of bedbugs.

boltfam
11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
At first I thought it was the cheaper brands that used acrylic, but then I noticed that even the better brands are using it too. I saw that some of the LE Canvas sweaters contain acrylic too, which is disappointing. I guess I can always return the sweater if it doesn't hold up after one season, since they have a great return policy.

That's why I LOVE LE and any other place with great return policies. Apparently, EB has a guarantee as well - at least that's what the SA told me when I was in there and mentioned how I hate acrylic. You need your receipt, though. I have not only sworn off acrylic, I have sworn off places that don't have a guarantee. I don't know if quality has gone down or if I have lost my ability to wash clothes correctly, but I have had so many clothes NOT hold up in the last couple of years. Sorry to get off topic.

boltfam
11-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I've been stalking and bidding on some EUC cashmere items on Ebay. I have a few cashmere blend sweaters I won for $10-15. I'll let you know how they arrive and if it seems worth it to go that route. Now, I'm wondering if I should keep them in the freezer for 3 days in case of bedbugs.

I think I would just to be on the safe side. Congrats on your great wins!

TamiRuns
11-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I really want this but, um, it needs to go on sale - big time

I think I'm in love with this! So glad I bought a brown sweater jacket already or I might be tempted by this....and I've never spent that much $$ on a sweater in my life.

You've been searching for a while now, haven't you? Good luck!

ett
11-05-2010, 04:54 PM
That's why I LOVE LE and any other place with great return policies. Apparently, EB has a guarantee as well - at least that's what the SA told me when I was in there and mentioned how I hate acrylic. You need your receipt, though. I have not only sworn off acrylic, I have sworn off places that don't have a guarantee. I don't know if quality has gone down or if I have lost my ability to wash clothes correctly, but I have had so many clothes NOT hold up in the last couple of years. Sorry to get off topic.

That's good to know about EB. I really don't want to be stuck with a bunch of sweaters next year that's all worn out and pilly.

citymama
11-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I think I'm in love with this! So glad I bought a brown sweater jacket already or I might be tempted by this....and I've never spent that much $$ on a sweater in my life.

BillK, are you reading this? Holiday shopping list, hello! :waving4:

TamiRuns
11-05-2010, 06:46 PM
BillK, are you reading this? Holiday shopping list, hello! :waving4:

I'm pretty sure he's not reading this! LOL! Actually, I wouldn't want him to spend full price anyway. I'm the practical, frugal one in the relationship!

alexsmommy
11-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he's not reading this! LOL! Actually, I wouldn't want him to spend full price anyway. I'm the practical, frugal one in the relationship!

Ok, so post the one you bought please. 'Cause I only spend $150 on a winter coat, not a sweater!

TamiRuns
11-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Ok, so post the one you bought please. 'Cause I only spend $150 on a winter coat, not a sweater!

So the one I ended up with is nothing like the Boden sweater but I love it and wear it most every day. If it was a few inches longer, I might say it is perfect. It is a nice length tho - covers the butt and then some.

Here ya go:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bargain-Cave/Womens-Clothing/Sweaters-Cardigans%7C/pc/105591780/c/105713280/sc/105727680/Cabelas-Womens-SherpaFleece-Lined-Cable-Knit-Cardigan/753732.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fbarga in-cave-womens-clothing-sweaters-cardigans%2F_%2FN-1102753%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105727680

I have the coffee bean color. For some reason, I'm all about brown this year!

Sweetum
11-05-2010, 08:05 PM
ooooh, I didn't realize that TamiRuns and BillK were DH+DW - how nice to have a BBB couple!

ett
11-05-2010, 09:56 PM
So the one I ended up with is nothing like the Boden sweater but I love it and wear it most every day. If it was a few inches longer, I might say it is perfect. It is a nice length tho - covers the butt and then some.

Here ya go:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bargain-Cave/Womens-Clothing/Sweaters-Cardigans%7C/pc/105591780/c/105713280/sc/105727680/Cabelas-Womens-SherpaFleece-Lined-Cable-Knit-Cardigan/753732.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fbarga in-cave-womens-clothing-sweaters-cardigans%2F_%2FN-1102753%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105727680

What material is this sweater? They don't say on their website. Also, how does sizing run?

citymama
11-05-2010, 11:12 PM

We'll hook him up with a good discount and free ship code, don't you worry!;) I'm like you though - one year my DH bought me a beautiful Max Mara sweater and I wouldn't take off the tags till he assured me he got it on sale!:p

But I know how we could get BillK to read this. Maybe Sally could change the thread title to "Lingerie: post your finds here."

TamiRuns
11-06-2010, 05:41 AM
But I know how we could get BillK to read this. Maybe Sally could change the thread title to "Lingerie: post your finds here."

That would do it! LOL!

TamiRuns
11-06-2010, 05:45 AM
What material is this sweater? They don't say on their website. Also, how does sizing run?

Ack....I didn't check until you asked....it's acrylic and I didn't even realize it. However, for $40 I don't mind if I only get a couple seasons out of it.

The sizing is smallish...I have a medium and most sweaters I get are smalls - like Lands End and LE Canvas. But if I buy an ON or Target sweater I wear a medium usually. HTH!

daisymommy
11-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Oooh! That sweater is yummy! Nice find!

boltfam
11-06-2010, 09:55 PM

Here ya go:

I have been looking for a while, and I do really like the sweater you posted! That is an awesome price! I'm just hesitant b/c I don't live anywhere near a Cabelas and would have to pay to return it if it doesn't work out.

:hysterical:

DrSally
11-06-2010, 11:41 PM
I was at the EB outlet today and a lot or most of their sweaters were $10 off, making the around $30ish. I got a red sweater coat for $27.xx. It is mostly acrylic, but loved the cut (it has some inverted pleats in the back that give it more shape). Many of the sweaters linked to were avail in similar styles. I think the outlet may make stuff that's similar to what's in the regular store.

Yes, EB does have a great return policy, similar to LL Bean. I bought DH an expensive Swiss Army watch and several years later, it completely stopped working, even after replacing the battery. They gave me a Merch certificate for the full amt. of purchase ( I guess I had the receipt for some reason). They said they didn't offer the same guarantee on current watches, though.

DrSally
11-06-2010, 11:43 PM
We'll hook him up with a good discount and free ship code, don't you worry!;) I'm like you though - one year my DH bought me a beautiful Max Mara sweater and I wouldn't take off the tags till he assured me he got it on sale!:p

:rotflmao: That would be hilarious to see how many of our men came to check it out!!

StantonHyde
11-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Garnet Hill and J Jill have some nice sweaters--lots with wool.

crl
11-07-2010, 09:32 PM
:rotflmao: That would be hilarious to see how many of our men came to check it out!!

And how long it took for one of them to post that This Thread Is Useless Without Pictures smilie.

Catherine

LarsMal
11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
ATLoft has some nice looking V-necks on sale this weekend for $25.

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/category.jsp?N=1200006&pCategoryId=3359&categoryId=200&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_200&loc=sweater3day

I'm going to take advantage of it and get a navy blue and probably a green in the "cozy cable knit" blend style. I love the purple, though....

beckyr88
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I just got this one, and it's pretty cute on! Cheap too.
http://tinyurl.com/2frmktq

ray7694
11-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I found this tank that looks great under open cardigans:

http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4358677

Grape is really pretty.

ThreeofUs
11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Okay, I just found a sweater that works with leggings for me. I bought it in two sizes larger than I would normally take, and it's perfect - mid-thigh, 3/4 sleeve, and drapes nicely. The picture online, however, is a real turn-off for me....

Thought I'd post for y'all - it's on sale at Kohl's, and there's a HOLIDAYGIFT 30% extra off, plus a free shipping code (FREE2MVC, I think).

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/sweaters/viewallsweaters/PRD~680325/ELLE+Cowlneck+Tunic+Sweater.jsp (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/sweaters/viewallsweaters/PRD%7E680325/ELLE+Cowlneck+Tunic+Sweater.jsp)

boltfam
11-12-2010, 10:34 PM

LOVE it! I'm going to have to head to Target!

DrSally
11-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Okay, I just found a sweater that works with leggings for me. I bought it in two sizes larger than I would normally take, and it's perfect - mid-thigh, 3/4 sleeve, and drapes nicely. The picture online, however, is a real turn-off for me....

Thought I'd post for y'all - it's on sale at Kohl's, and there's a HOLIDAYGIFT 30% extra off, plus a free shipping code (FREE2MVC, I think).

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/sweaters/viewallsweaters/PRD~680325/ELLE+Cowlneck+Tunic+Sweater.jsp (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/sweaters/viewallsweaters/PRD%7E680325/ELLE+Cowlneck+Tunic+Sweater.jsp)

I bet it'll look cute on you! So, are you belting it? I love the look of those Obi belts, but I don't know if I could carry one off or not.

DrSally
11-12-2010, 11:02 PM
So, I checked out the Macy's ones I posted originally again, and realized that they also carry them in the petites section, which might be better for me. Unfortunately, they don't have the same color selection. I did like the Style and Co. sweater dress posted in brown (with my brown bare traps--would I also wear brown tights?) I liked that one in regular length, though, b/c it would be a tad longer for me.

DrSally
11-12-2010, 11:30 PM
I saw this one at Kohl's the other day (long fly away cardy),but wasn't sure b/c the material looked a bit cheap (all acrylic in a knit doesn't look great).
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/cardigans/PRD~658935/SONOMA+life+++style+Marled+Flyaway+Cardigan.jsp

Like the style and the price though.

ThreeofUs
11-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I bet it'll look cute on you! So, are you belting it? I love the look of those Obi belts, but I don't know if I could carry one off or not.

The belt - even though I must say it's a nice looking belt, not cheap - is problematic for me. I'm still working on getting rid of muffin top, iykwim....

That said, the belt doesn't look bad on. It's wide enough and the front has interesting chains, so it doesn't look like I'm trying to stuff 50 pounds of sugar in a 5 pound sack (as my g'mom used to say).

LarsMal
11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
I got this sweater in vanilla at Kohls today. It's acrylic, but with my coupon and KC I got it for $18! I figured the price was worth it- it might not be in style in a couple seasons anyway!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/apt9/womens/sweaters/PRD~690460/Apt+9+CableKnit+Sweater+Coat.jsp

I only had a minute to look, but I couldn't find a fitted chocolate brown long sleeve cotton shirt for it. I only have short sleeve or tanks, which I can wear now while it's not too cold, but I would like a long sleeve shirt to wear under it as the weather gets colder. I looked in a couple other stores and couldn't find any. I guess brown isn't as popular this season, but I love it! If anyone sees a basic chocolate brown shirt to layer under this sweater, let me know!

daisymommy
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Julie, I just came here to post that I bought that same sweater!!! I bought the Vanilla and the Grey-combo. I was trying it on in front of a mirror, and two different people complemented me on how nice it looked--so I tossed two into my cart :)

I have long sleeved brown tees from Eddie Bauer, GAP, and Old Navy (last year). I'm pretty sure that E.B. has them this year, and thought Kohls did too.

LarsMal
11-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Julie, I just came here to post that I bought that same sweater!!! I bought the Vanilla and the Grey-combo. I was trying it on in front of a mirror, and two different people complemented me on how nice it looked--so I tossed two into my cart :)

I have long sleeved brown tees from Eddie Bauer, GAP, and Old Navy (last year). I'm pretty sure that E.B. has them this year, and thought Kohls did too.

That's funny!!!

I love the sweater. I love the gray, too, but got a similar one at H&M recently. I had walked by the sweater so many times in the past couple weeks while shopping for the kids. Today I couldn't find DS any snow pants so I decided to get the sweater for myself. By the time I tried it on the kids were starting to melt so I didn't have much time to look for shirts. I'll look next time. Thanks!

TamiRuns
11-17-2010, 07:01 PM
I got this sweater in vanilla at Kohls today. It's acrylic, but with my coupon and KC I got it for $18! I figured the price was worth it- it might not be in style in a couple seasons anyway!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/apt9/womens/sweaters/PRD~690460/Apt+9+CableKnit+Sweater+Coat.jsp

I only had a minute to look, but I couldn't find a fitted chocolate brown long sleeve cotton shirt for it. I only have short sleeve or tanks, which I can wear now while it's not too cold, but I would like a long sleeve shirt to wear under it as the weather gets colder. I looked in a couple other stores and couldn't find any. I guess brown isn't as popular this season, but I love it! If anyone sees a basic chocolate brown shirt to layer under this sweater, let me know!

Very cute! Love the vanilla color. May have to check it out if I get a good coupon.....I think I only have 15% off right now.

You may want to check Lands End if you want a basic long sleeve tee in brown.

DrSally
11-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Cute and feminine Kohl's sweater! I don't think I've seen it there. I'll have to put it on my list to check out next time I'm there. I recently got a fitted, long sleeve t from the same brand, I think. They may have had brown, but I can't remember (white and gray for sure).

ilfaith
11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
I bought this sweater last week at Banana Republic
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=51429&vid=1&pid=784074
I wouldn't have paid full price, but I got the 30% Give and Get discount and also had a $40 rewards credit, which made the price much more reasonable. I like that it felt cozy without being too bulky.

I'm also liking this sweater, but it seems to be sold out online in small and XS (and I usually take one size or the other) so I need to check in store availability.
http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=29069&N=1200006&pCategoryId=3359&categoryId=200&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_200&loc=TN&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Ivory%20Galaxy%20Stripe&defaultSizeType=Regular

Twoboos
11-17-2010, 10:22 PM
LOVING the Kohl's sweater!! But I am no buying it. No. No I'm not buying another sweater. (If I keep saying it, maybe it will be true?)

I just got one last week from Loft Outlet. I can't find a pic online. But it's a ruffle front flyaway that was EXACTLY what I had been looking for. I even paid full price (I think $49?). That's how much I wanted it. It's perfect!

boltfam
11-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I saw this one at Kohl's the other day (long fly away cardy),but wasn't sure b/c the material looked a bit cheap (all acrylic in a knit doesn't look great).
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/cardigans/PRD~658935/SONOMA+life+++style+Marled+Flyaway+Cardigan.jsp (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/cardigans/PRD%7E658935/SONOMA+life+++style+Marled+Flyaway+Cardigan.jsp)

Like the style and the price though.

LOVE it! I'm with twoboos...I need to stop reading the posts on this thread. too tempting...

citymama
11-18-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm thinking of getting this Boden sweater with the 25% off code (works out to $58 and free ship, no tax). What do you think - and what color do you like best? I like the gray but it's sold out, so debating b/w the purple and brown.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK581-GRP/Womens-Grape-Stripe-Uplifting-Stripe-Cardigan.html

ett
11-18-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm thinking of getting this Boden sweater with the 25% off code (works out to $58 and free ship, no tax). What do you think - and what color do you like best? I like the gray but it's sold out, so debating b/w the purple and brown.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK581-GRP/Womens-Grape-Stripe-Uplifting-Stripe-Cardigan.html

I like the purple, but I'm biased since that's my favorite color. :)

ThreeofUs
11-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Oooohhh, that's a nice Boden sweater, citymama! ITA abou tthe gray, but I like the brown a shade more than the purple. Maybe. On looking back, I dunno.

Depends on your coloring, kwim?

But I love the fun stripes!

ETA: Wait, the gray is still in a larger size. I might get it to go over tights. I love the strips on the arms!

Hey, what do you all think of the Colourblock Milano Coat?
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK610/Womens-Colourblock-Milano-Coat.html

boltfam
11-18-2010, 09:30 AM

Too bad we don't live closer together....we could go shopping together! It looks like we have the same taste! I wanted that in gray, too, but OOS so I ordered brown. I don't think you can go wrong with either the brown or purple. I went with the brown b/c I thought it was a tad more neutral. If I get it soon, I'll post my review.

citymama
11-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Too bad we don't live closer together....we could go shopping together! It looks like we have the same taste! I wanted that in gray, too, but OOS so I ordered brown. I don't think you can go wrong with either the brown or purple. I went with the brown b/c I thought it was a tad more neutral. If I get it soon, I'll post my review.

I'm thinking the brown too for the same reason. I love purple but buy too much of it! Would love to go shopping together!:)

ETA: I called to order and they had the gray and brown in my size showing in low stock - I ordered both, and maybe one will actually make it over this way!

LarsMal
11-18-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm also liking this sweater, but it seems to be sold out online in small and XS (and I usually take one size or the other) so I need to check in store availability.
http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=29069&N=1200006&pCategoryId=3359&categoryId=200&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_200&loc=TN&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Ivory%20Galaxy%20Stripe&defaultSizeType=Regular

Oooh, I love this one! I will not even look to see if I can find on in my size (usually a small or medium)!

citymama
11-18-2010, 06:04 PM

Love this sweater! It's available in small...hmm...this thread is bad for my pocketbook!

DrSally
11-18-2010, 11:13 PM

Fun sweater! I'm usually a neutrals person, but I like the purple!

DrSally
11-18-2010, 11:15 PM
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK610/Womens-Colourblock-Milano-Coat.html

It's hard for me to wear stripes, so I prob wouldn't choose it for myself. Not sure, the one in the neutral colors looks more subdued.

lchang25000
11-19-2010, 07:38 PM

Thanks for posting this sweater! I got the blue/green one yesterday...love it!!
http://www.target.com/Merona-Button-Cardigan-Sweater-Combo/dp/B003Z95T9K/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

scrooks
11-19-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm debating about this one...what does everyone think???

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=37707&&categoryId=21296&categoryName=SALE-SWEATERS--CARDIGANS&pCategoryId=21291&pCategoryName=SALE&gpCategoryId=3&gpCategoryName=WOMEN&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=21296~~categoryName=SALE-SWEATERS--CARDIGANS~~pCategoryId=21291~~pCategoryName=SALE~~ gpCategoryId=3~~gpCategoryName=WOMEN~~ggpCategoryI d=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null

daisymommy
11-19-2010, 10:09 PM
:thumbsup: Cute! It would look nice with a skirt or tan or chocolate cords.

ilfaith
11-19-2010, 10:46 PM

Tried on the Loft sweater today and didn't love it. They had a small, but it was too long (tunic length) and a little big overall, a petite might have fit me better if it had been in stock, not that it mattered because the sweater was ITCHY.

jerigirl
11-19-2010, 11:58 PM

Have you seen these t shirts at Target? In the store they have crew neck, scoop, and I think v neck.
http://www.target.com/Weekly-Wow--8-Ultimate/b/ref=sc_iw_r_2_0_2223331011?node=2471722011

Katigre
11-20-2010, 12:34 AM
I've gotten a few cute sweaters at Kohl's this fall:

Toggle Crochet Sweater Jacket (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/juniors/sweaters/PRD~657097/Takeout+Emma+Toggle+Crochet+Sweater+Coat.jsp) (I got the warm brown. This looks awesome over tshirts with jeans or other casual pants - it hits mid-thigh and I usually wear it open or with one toggle done.)

Mudd studded sweater (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/juniors/sweaters/PRD~623278/Mudd+Studded+Sweater.jsp) (I got it in orange but that color isn't shown on their site right now)

Apt.9 Essential sweater (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/apt9/womens/sweaters/PRD~618674/Apt+9+Essential+Sweater.jsp) (I got it in deep teal, again it's not shown on the site but is in store)

citymama
11-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Btw, I actually made it to the mall today to look at real sweaters - imagine that! I stopped at Gap, BR, H&M and Eddie Bauer just to browse b/c there were no sales happening yet. My favorite by a mile was Eddie Bauer - so much cute stuff, soft fabrics and really practical. I was surprised how stylish the stuff was - BR was totally itchy feeling, Gap, pretty generic and H&M way more chunky than warm. So, anyone know when EB has sales, b/c there's a lot I want!

TamiRuns
11-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Julie, I was at Old Navy yesterday and they have several tees in brown and heather brown/tan. And they were on sale for $5!! The tag said either $15 or $19 so it was a good deal. Of course those tees will only last one season more than likely....Kohls also has several tees in shades of brown....I'm hoping to head out to their early bird sale shortly. :)

TamiRuns
11-20-2010, 07:59 AM

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=37707&&categoryId=21296&categoryName=SALE-SWEATERS--CARDIGANS&pCategoryId=21291&pCategoryName=SALE&gpCategoryId=3&gpCategoryName=WOMEN&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=21296~~categoryName=SALE-SWEATERS--CARDIGANS~~pCategoryId=21291~~pCategoryName=SALE~~ gpCategoryId=3~~gpCategoryName=WOMEN~~ggpCategoryI d=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null

Love that sweater!! And great price!

moonsky
11-20-2010, 12:44 PM
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3111460?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=181

I got this in XS and love it.

tina-t
11-20-2010, 12:58 PM

I like that sweater. Looks very fashionable!

DrSally
11-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Btw, I actually made it to the mall today to look at real sweaters - imagine that! I stopped at Gap, BR, H&M and Eddie Bauer just to browse b/c there were no sales happening yet. My favorite by a mile was Eddie Bauer - so much cute stuff, soft fabrics and really practical. I was surprised how stylish the stuff was - BR was totally itchy feeling, Gap, pretty generic and H&M way more chunky than warm. So, anyone know when EB has sales, b/c there's a lot I want!

If you are near an EB outlet, I recently saw some good deals on sweaters (all were $10 off, so they were around $30 each). They seemed to have many of the same styles as the main store but slightly different.

jerigirl
11-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Got an email from Eddie Bauer today:
All Purchases 25% Off + Free Shipping - Friends Exclusive (+ FS on orders $50+)
***Expires 11/22 and you must use your EB Friends card/number***
online code: BEJOLLY
phone code: V365
in store code: 4314

LarsMal
11-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Julie, I was at Old Navy yesterday and they have several tees in brown and heather brown/tan. And they were on sale for $5!! The tag said either $15 or $19 so it was a good deal. Of course those tees will only last one season more than likely....Kohls also has several tees in shades of brown....I'm hoping to head out to their early bird sale shortly. :)

Thanks! I saw some brown ones at the Old Navy outlet the other day, but they were v-neck, which I like, but seemed like a REALLY deep V. The brown looked a little off for the sweater, too. I still need to check at Kohls.

Thanks for keeping an eye out!!

citymama
11-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Got an email from Eddie Bauer today:
All Purchases 25% Off + Free Shipping - Friends Exclusive (+ FS on orders $50+)
***Expires 11/22 and you must use your EB Friends card/number***
online code: BEJOLLY
phone code: V365
in store code: 4314

Thanks - so I guess I need to sign up for a Friends card to use this?

jerigirl
11-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks - so I guess I need to sign up for a Friends card to use this?

yep.
eddiebauerfriends.com/enroll.jspx

scrooks
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the Eddie Bauer code...I got the sweater I was eyeing and DH liked the Born booties mentioned in another thread so much he (I guess techincally me) order them for me for Xmas! YEAH! The code saved me $31!

nupe
12-08-2010, 02:02 AM

Totally eyeing this for myself. I like the greys and the purples! Just not sure what size I would order. I'm a 6-8 on top in boden, and 10 for skirts... So too much indecision. I think the merino will be gorgeous!

citymama
12-08-2010, 02:44 AM

So I ended up getting both the gray and the brown (they came back in stock) and I LOVE them! They are so so cute and out of the ordinary! The purple is still available on sale right now if anyone is shopping the Boden sale.

DrSally
12-08-2010, 04:47 PM
So I ended up getting both the gray and the brown (they came back in stock) and I LOVE them! They are so so cute and out of the ordinary! The purple is still available on sale right now if anyone is shopping the Boden sale.

Very cute! Love the sleeves. FWIW, I was at NR and saw a similarily stripped cardy (except it was long) in either purple or gray. It really reminded me of Boden. I would've gotten it, but I'm afraid the stripes in a long sweater weren't very flattering on me.

citymama
12-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Very cute! Love the sleeves. FWIW, I was at NR and saw a similarily stripped cardy (except it was long) in either purple or gray. It really reminded me of Boden. I would've gotten it, but I'm afraid the stripes in a long sweater weren't very flattering on me.

What's NR?

ett
12-08-2010, 07:09 PM
What's NR?

Nordstrom Rack

DrSally
12-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Sorry! I've been shopping there so much, I think NR needs to be added to the official abbreviation list!

joules
12-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I have been lusting after this one (not really a sweater..more of a sweatshirt but nicer):
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod118400047&parentId=cat18510731

Nordstrom had it on sale for $80 but by the time I spotted it, they sold out!!

I went to Target today and saw something similar-ish:
http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Layering-Pullover-Medium-Heather/dp/B003ZTLGZ6/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_3_reviews#communityReviews

*sigh* not quite as cute, but definitely more affordable and super comfy. I like the banding on the bottom so I can wear it up or down.