PDA

View Full Version : ADR Question - when renting DVC points

alien_host
11-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I have a reservation confirmation # from the folks we are renting points from....does this allow me to make ADRs at 190 days or do I still have to wait til 180? Or is it that I can make them all at 180 - is it 180+10 or 190? For some reason I'm confused.

I wasn't sure if that "reservation #" allowed us or the DVC owner to make ADRs at X time.

Also in general do you prefer to call or do it online?

THanks!

billysmommy
11-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Yup, that confirmation # will work :)

It's 180+10 so on your 180th day you will be able to make ADR's for that day plus up to 10 more.

I usually try to get what I can online and then call if I need to since online opens an hour earlier than the phone lines

Good luck :)

alien_host
11-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Thank you!

What time can I get online ADRs? Sorry, I'm sure it's written somewhere.

Tinkerbell313
11-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Online opens up 6AM ET; phones open up at 7AM ET.

alien_host
11-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Online opens up 6AM ET; phones open up at 7AM ET.

6AM, wow, got to set the alarm! Thanks!

alien_host
11-05-2010, 07:52 AM
I had trouble booking online so I called and jotted down all the confirmation numbers. I asked if I could see them on-line and she said no. I asked for an e-mail confirm and she said no. Is that right?

I tried looking them up under my account (not there, and they didn't ask for my e-mail) and by reservation number (they didn't ask for a phone number so I can't enter that either).

I just prefer to keep all my confirms in a folder or at least be able to see it.

We went through it very quickly and I'm just not sure I even got everything correct.

Any thoughts?

Tinkerbell313
11-05-2010, 10:21 AM
If you have ADR confirmation numbers then you should be fine.

With that said, when you made them online, did you log into the Disney website first with your username and password?

If you did, you should be able to see the reservations on line. Also, an email would have been sent to you as well.

Or did you make them over the telephone...if you made them over the telephone then you should have been asked for an email address where they could send the confirmations.

I would call them back and ask them to send you an email confirmation.

Disney has been doing work on their website and the ADR confirmations have disappear for some people...not the actual ADRs...just the confirmations on the website. But I beleive that problem has been fixed. At least it has been fixed for me...all my reservations for the week of Disney are showing up again.

alien_host
11-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry I typed it quickly and wasn't clear. I made the ADRs via phone. I asked the operator if they could e-mail me the confirmations and she said no. I thought that was odd. I'll have to call again and follow-up!

ETA: I called and apparently they put the ADRs under my home vs cell phone number (they must have gotten it from my profile since they didn't ask for it) so mystery solved, thanks!