PDA

View Full Version : Birthday cakes shipped?

DietCokeLover
11-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Has anyone here ever had a birthday cake shipped to someone? My best friend's birthday is next week. She lives in Alaska and I am in the south - much too far to do anything for her in person! ha Also, her DH is in Afghanistan, so I want to do something for her birthday that he would normally be able to do and can't.

I was thinking a bithday cake would be fun. Anyone know of anywhere that does this? I'd be open to any kind of cake, but I think one especially for her birthday would make it more unusual.

bnme
11-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I just saw this in a Zingermanns catalog. I know I've seen it in others but I can't think of where......

army_mom
11-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I think there are many places that will ship birthday cakes. Especially since it isn't the middle of the summer. I haven't used any of them so I can't vouch for quality. I definitely love cheryl's cookies (www.cheryls.com), but they are not a cake.

www.bakemeawish.com

www.chocolatebakery.com

www.davidscookies.com

www.usabirthdays.com

I'm sure there are more out there...

ssjarrett
11-04-2010, 01:08 PM
You could try calling a local bakery in her area and see if they would deliver... what a nice idea!

Twoboos
11-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Somewhere also does a birthday cake made of flowers! (Not edible though. :)) Proflowers maybe?? I cannot remember... but I always thought it seemed really fun.

nfowife
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I would have a local bakery to her deliver one or do an edible arrangement.

kristenk
11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
I have to run out the door to pick up DD, but isn't there someone on etsy who does cupcakes in mason jars??? That might work well for this. I'll edit later with info.

infomama
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
www.crumbs.com (http://www.crumbs.com)
www.mainstreetcupcakes.com