PDA

View Full Version : Vonage anyone?

CharlotteMommy
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
My mom is considering signing up with Vonage for her home land line. Anyone use this service?

A few questions from mom:
How is the sound quality?
Are you satisfied with the servidce?
Can you keep your existing phone number?

TIA!

Reyadawnbringer
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I really liked vonage when we had it. Sound quality was better than it is with my current cable company- I never really noticed a difference in sound quality between vonage and a traditional line. Service was way reliable for me as long as my internet was working. I did port a number with them once, but I think there may be some restrictions on that... You would have to call customer service.

All in all we really liked it and I am actually considering going back with them as my digital phone with the cable company is awful.

brittone2
11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
We've had it for about 5 years. It is okay. Most of the time (98% of the time I'd say) there are no problems. In the past when we first got it we had some problems but they got better over time. I do sometimes get echos or the other person can't hear me. This doesn't happen often though. Sometimes it seems like being near other electronics (I think the wireless router?) interferes and I have to stay away from the room where we keep our office/computer stuff.

I'm mostly happy though.

We moved out of state and still have the same phone #, but we'd like to change it. When we moved they were updating their system and couldn't give us a new (local) number.

eta: we haven't had to cancel yet but there are some horror stories out there about trying to cancel, etc. so you may want to look into that. I have not BTDT yet so I can't share my experience with it.