PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy...I just rescued 2 baby malteses???

lexie's mom
11-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I am adopting two malteses that are 10 weeks old and now I am stressing out about it. I have a 6 year old and 2 year old. It has been also years since I trained a dog. Any advice?

Also, if anyone wants to play the naming game, here are our top names:

Scappie and Shaggy
Scrappie and Scooby
Chip and Dale
Georgie and Bailey (from "It's a Wonderful LIfe" George Bailey) Love this one since it will be their Xmas present.

Any more...

katydid1971
11-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I like George and Bailey a lot!!! One of my favorite movies.

infomama
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Georgie and Bailey are the best of those IMO. Have fun with your new additions!

baymom
11-04-2010, 04:49 PM
George and Bailey!!! I love dogs that have "human" names. Congratulations on the new additions to your family!!

elizabethkott
11-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Georgie and Bailey ALL THE WAY. :)

mom2one
11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Another one for George and Bailey. What a great and creative idea! Good luck with it all.

BabyMine
11-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Congratulations!!!

Your definitely right about training them now. Check you local Pet store to see if they have puppy training classes. We took our 9 month old to Petsmart for individual classes and it worked miracles.

You might also want to get a crate. IMHO this is the best way to housebreak and keep them from safe when you are gone. We have ours in the corner of the room and we have a large blanket over it so it resembles a dark cave. He loves going in there and sleeping.

A great site for dog food is www.dogfoodanalysis.com (http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com) . We use Origen on both our cats and our dog.

Look for a Maltese forum. They might be able to give you some tips and answer any of your questions.

Hoaw about:

Cotton and Candy

lexie's mom
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks everyone...I may tell my girls that they already had names and then I can win with George and Bailey.

Thanks for the info. I think I was getting overwhelmed after spending $300 on pet stuff! Shhhh, don't tell DH.

edurnemk
11-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Georgie and Bailey ALL THE WAY. :)

:yeahthat:

GL with the training!

lexie's mom
11-04-2010, 10:50 PM
OMG...I never thought to review dog foods! I def feel like I am back in college and cramming for an exam. Thanks for the link, the food is the only thing I did not purchase, yet!

A great site for dog food is www.dogfoodanalysis.com (http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com) . We use Origen on both our cats and our dog.

fortato
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
First of all- Congratulations and thank you for rescuing them!!!!!

And second- Georgie and Bailey are awesome!!!

weech
11-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Yay! Congratulations and thank you for rescuing them!

I definitely vote Georgie and Bailey... because I am a Grey's Anatomy addict! :jammin: