PDA

View Full Version : rain boots with liner- warm?

LarsMal
11-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I really wanted these rain boots, so I just ordered them on DSW with a 30% off coupon, plus a $10 reward certificate and 500 bonus points- just because! What I really *needed* was a snow boot, though! Something just for shoveling and the occasional sledding (if we have another winter like last year). I was planning on getting the boot liner for the rain boots. Would they be warm enough to use as the occasional snowy weather boot?

I have my Bare Trap boots for cold weather, when it's not wet outside.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/nomad+puddles+indo+floral+rain+boot?prodId=208505&category=dsw10cat70019

And this liner

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/sm+solid+rain+boot+liner?prodId=211456&productRef=SEARCH

I guess I could look for a warmer liner somewhere else. I think I even saw them in Dick's Sporting Goods.

crl
11-04-2010, 06:09 PM
My concern would be traction. You can probably make non snow boots warm enough somehow. But I haven't ever had rain boots that wouldn't be hazardous in snow because of the traction issue.

Catherine

peanut520
11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
i wear my hunter boots and the liner for snow. we normally dont get a lot here in the mid atlantic except for last year! i resorted to my hiking boots with all the snow, but really felt the rain boots were better since they were taller. as for traction, i didnt have an issue in snow, but ice is whole other story but the hiking boots were not any better.

LarsMal
11-04-2010, 09:28 PM
My concern would be traction. You can probably make non snow boots warm enough somehow. But I haven't ever had rain boots that wouldn't be hazardous in snow because of the traction issue.

Good point about the traction.

i wear my hunter boots and the liner for snow. we normally dont get a lot here in the mid atlantic except for last year! i resorted to my hiking boots with all the snow, but really felt the rain boots were better since they were taller. as for traction, i didnt have an issue in snow, but ice is whole other story but the hiking boots were not any better.

Another good point- ice is a whole other issue!

I ordered the boots and I'm going to buy the liner at the store. I wanted them- even if they don't end up working in the snow! ;) I was thinking the height of the boot would be good, at least better than my current snow boots. If they seem to slick I'll just have to go and buy yet another pair of boots, with some good traction. DH will be so happy!!