PDA

View Full Version : playmobil question

Allisonsmommy
11-04-2010, 06:50 PM
My daughter is 3.5 and is really really into castles and princesses. that is all she wants for christmas this year. I was thinking the melissa and doug folding wooden castle would be perfect but i also saw the playmobil castle and thought that looked cute too. For those of you who do playmobil stuff, when did you start? also, do any of you just buy the small pieces and sets as opposed to the super expensive buildings?

if you have daughters into castle stuff i will gladly take ANY suggestions!!!

Seitvonzu
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
my daughter is going to be 3 this christmas... we had the playmobil nativity and advent sent LAST year and she was fine with it (so before she was 2 we had it out for the season)-- she did fine with it. i probably wouldn't have invested in a HUGE set at that time, but she could take apart (and put back together with help) the pieces and she didn't eat them and she could do limited pretending playing with them. i think 3.5 is fine, if your child is okay with small pieces and already into figure/pretending sort of play.

we don't have the castle, but i do LOVE it :) i love ALL the pieces (castle, carriage, bonus pieces) and thought perhaps we'd ask the inlaws for that as lucy's "big" present this year (they like to give large in size things... so , um, yeah) instead we stuck to the calico critters stuff that lu always likes at our local toy store (fingers crossed that she'll like it at our house). lu is just getting into princesses, so i supposed that next year would be just as well. it's just so big!

we DO have a few small playmobil pieces that we play with from time to time-- a pirate skull case thingy majig (with canons and skeletons and ...gasp! weapons!! ), a cowboy set, and of course the aforementioned christmas things. i also have a take along doll house that i got super cheap (12.50?) at target one year-- i don't even think lu was born yet and a firetruck --those two are in reserve (i think they'd make a cute gift together, actually) oh-- i also have a bunny treehouse in reserve that i'll give lu this spring/easter season-- it is UBER cute.

i personally love playmobil (i want all the egypt stuff!!!) -- small sets, big sets-- all of it :) thankfully my kiddo likes it too! happy shopping!

katydid1971
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I was thinking of the playmobil castle too but it doesn't fold and has a very large foot print. Our house is already exploding with too much stuff so I decided to get the M&D folding castle (plus I got it for $50 from Amazon a bit ago:yay:). I'm going to get a couple of the playmobil castle "rooms" sets to furnish it. I think the bedroom to start and see how it works.