PDA

View Full Version : 40th bday gift for SIL?

Twoboos
11-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Help. Any ideas? DH thinks she is "the gift whisperer" and only gives the most fantastic, well thought out, meaningful gifts. (And usually the gifts she gives are good, but I really wouldn't go THAT far.) So obviously, our gift has to be fantastic.

So, they live in CO, she runs her own business (her and another woman) and travels frequently for her work. She is VERY organized and a "planner" type person. Her house is usually meticulous, and she dresses well. She does not like to cook. She likes very nice things. She is married and has two boys. In the time that I've known her, she has progressed nicely from being a completely spoiled diva, to being much more down to Earth. Thank goodness. But there's still an element of that high maintenance in there.

Her bday is over Thanksgiving weekend and they will be here with us. (Yikes!)

So hit me with your best gift ideas. DH has come up with an iPad. :rolleye0014: But for Mr. Techno, this means he really loves her. :D

kristenk
11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
How about a Kindle and a gift card with some money for books? If she travels a lot, that might be appreciated.

MelissaTC
11-04-2010, 08:11 PM
What about a piece of sterling jewelry from Tiffany and Co.? I love the key pendants. There are also some really nice heart pieces, initial pendants, etc.. Everyone loves a blue box!

cvanbrunt
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I think your DH is spot on!

TwinFoxes
11-04-2010, 09:10 PM
I think your DH is spot on!

:yeahthat:

infomama
11-04-2010, 09:52 PM
iPad is good. I like gifts that remind me of the person who gave them. I have a couple of pieces of art (one is on the wall and one is a bronze horse) that make me think of the giver every time I see them. I like those kinds of gifts.

hellokitty
11-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I think either an ipad or tiffany's jewelry would be a great gift. Just make sure nobody else in the family is thinking about getting her an ipad too. We got one for my dad's bday (the person who has everything) this yr and my brothers and I were ALL thinking ipad, so we pooled our $ together for it. My mom's job was to make sure my dad didn't buy himself an ipad before his bday, or it would have ruined our bday gift surprise, lol. Now for christmas, I'm hoping we can get him some accessories, b/c he is impossible to buy for.