PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Born Free and Pampers sippys

TwoBees
11-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I bought a pack of Born Free trainer spouts to put on DD's bottles. I tried it first (yes, I actually did this!) and I had to suck REALLY hard to get anything out. Has anyone else experienced this? No wonder DD got frustrated.

Second, has anyone tried the Pampers sippys? I like the way they look.

ETA: I did poke open the Born Free spout but still had trouble. I also bought the actual trainer cup, but didn't try it. Is it any different than the trainer spouts that you can buy separately?

TwoBees
11-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Anybody? Especially about the Born Free. I don't want to return the trainer cup if it functions differently than the separate trainer spouts. I'm headed back to BRU today. Thanks!

BabyBearsMom
11-05-2010, 02:06 PM
The Playtex ones are okay, DD likes the softer spouts (the ones that are half way between a sippy and a nipple). We like the Nuk brand ones.

AnnieW625
11-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I read the reviews of the Born Free sippies on Amazon and that was a common complaint about them. I haven't bought any Playtex sippies yet, but I remember with DD1 she didn't like the soft sippy until she was okay with the take n toss cups, which were really hard. I ended up buying the Nuk brand and hopefully will try it with her tonight.

Andi98989
11-07-2010, 01:02 PM
We got DS a Born Free training cup and he did fine with it. He drank out of it more like it was a bottle. He uses Take n Toss straw cups at meals, etc.., but he uses the Born Free trainer in place of a bottle before bedtime.

We found he did best with the Take n Toss sippy cups and straw cups because he didn't have to "fight" the no-spill valves that are in so many other cups.