PDA

View Full Version : discharge at the end...

dukie41181
11-05-2010, 01:24 AM
I have been having increased vaginal discharge for about the past week. Its sticky, kinda snot-like and odorless. There is no irritation or burning or anything. Its creamy in color with not redish/brownish coloration so its not mucus plug. Is this normal? Perhaps due to hormonal changes? I don't remember this first time around.

brgnmom
11-05-2010, 01:51 AM
I have been having increased vaginal discharge for about the past week. Its sticky, kinda snot-like and odorless. There is no irritation or burning or anything. Its creamy in color with not redish/brownish coloration so its not mucus plug. Is this normal? Perhaps due to hormonal changes? I don't remember this first time around.

I have this similar discharge too, and I'm ~39 weeks along. I think it's normal - I can't remember it from the first time around either, but I've read that you can experience an increase in discharge right before going into labor. HTH.

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Could be the mucus plug- mucus plug doesn't have to be blood tinged at all. Mine was just a clump of opaque goo. sorry for that TMI. But, yes, I went in with ds1 thinking I was leaking fluid b/c there was so much discharge. Just discharge.

Beth

daisymommy
11-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Yep, could be the mucous plug (even without any blood tinge) or it could just be the typical increased discharge (very normal, had it with all 3 kids). I had to wear pantyliners everyday for the last month all 3 times.

dukie41181
11-05-2010, 08:38 AM
So interesting! I'd always heard that the mucus plug had a coloration to it. That's likely what it is for me...not to be too gross but its definately more mucousy and sticky than liquidy discharge. Feels like every day (or multipe times a day) now that I'm shown each pregnancy is different!

Maybe today is the day...

luckytwenty
11-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Mine was heavier than usual, and more "eggy" than creamy. I don't think I lost my plug, but I can't be sure. Hope it happens soon for you!!