PDA

View Full Version : Tell me these boots will soften up.

Green_Tea
11-05-2010, 09:23 AM
I have these: http://www.zappos.com/keen-bern-high-boot-crouton

They are so, so cute. Perfect and waterproof and warm.

Unfortunately, they are rubbing against my ankles and they crease in such a way in the back that they have given me a blister on my heel.

But I love them. The footbed is super comfy. They are the perfect marriage of function and fashion. Except for the rubbing thing.

FWIW, I am a Dansko clog girl all the way. When I wear other shoes they almost always bother me for the first few wearings until they break in, but then they're fine. But I'm not sure if boots are a different ball of wax.

Tell me they'll break in. Please.

citymama
11-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm a can't-break-in-shoes gal. Can't stand shoes that hurt my feet, even for a few minutes. I have to buy shoes that don't require breaking in.

Have you tried different socks with the boots? They are mighty cute, but if they continue to chafe with different socks, I'd be considering sending them back. But that's just me!

daisymommy
11-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I have no idea, but those are some AWESOME lookin' boots! Totally my style :)

jvs195
11-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Super cute boots, but not sure it's worth the pain and blisters to try to break them in. I had a pair of really cute cowboy boots that I finally gave up on because they gave me a sore spot on my ankle everytime I wore them. You could try a shoe repair place to see if they could stretch them a little. Worth a consultation for the cool boots.