PDA

View Full Version : PBK stalking paid off! (Halloween Costumes)

Multimama
11-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I've been watching the Pottery Barn Kids seasonal sale for a 4-6 size airplane halloween costume ever since I figured out that they add things to the site most mornings. And today my stalking paid off!

I just wanted to let others know in case you didn't realize they frequently update the costumes and sizes they have on clearance.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/sale/seasonal-sale/

ThreeofUs
11-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Thank you!! Free shipping, too!

peanut520
11-05-2010, 10:47 AM
still stalking for the right size cupcake costume :( but thanks for letting me know they are updating every morning.

Multimama
11-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Thank you!! Free shipping, too!

Yep! The airplane ends up being 50% off when you take into account free shipping. Great deal for such a neat costume, I think!

still stalking for the right size cupcake costume :( but thanks for letting me know they are updating every morning.

Yeah, I am so glad I happened to come on early one morning and notice a whole bunch of new treat bags on there. I think the goldfish treat bag is so cute!

fortato
11-05-2010, 11:03 AM
This sale is how I got stuck with a super awesome French Fries costume...

Great deals, but you can't guarantee that your DC will wear it next year.....

Multimama
11-05-2010, 11:17 AM

So true. But I guess I figure it would make a great costume for dress-up too and it will fit for a few years so one way or another someone in the family is bound to get some use out of it. And I love it! :)

Club924
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM

i agree! i bought DD the hamburger and banana costume 2 years ago when they were 75% off (it was a few days before halloween when i bought them and tried asking this year, but they weren't that heavily discounted). she absolutely did not want to wear the burger costume at all. even on the day of her school parade, she told me she didn't want to wear it. luckily, she saw the other kids in costume and agreed. crossing my fingers that she'll wear the banana one next year......

ThreeofUs
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM
So true. But I guess I figure it would make a great costume for dress-up too and it will fit for a few years so one way or another someone in the family is bound to get some use out of it. And I love it! :)

:yeahthat: Heck, I might be able to wear the 7/8 size!

sewarsh
11-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks so much for posting.
I couldn't resist the alien costume for $20 for my DS for next year (only 2t-3t sizes left).

I'm pretty certain I'll have no problem getting him to wear it but even if so, PBK costumes sell for $$$ on Ebay.

mom2mack&max
11-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I want the Halloween countdown calendar that everyone got last year. I somehow missed out! I searched for it and it says no longer available - does that mean they are out of stock or no longer selling them? :cry:

peanut520
11-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I am so glad I happened to come on early one morning and notice a whole bunch of new treat bags on there. I think the goldfish treat bag is so cute!

I love the goldfish and had it in my cart, but it wouldnt really go with the cupcake so i had to stop myself.

Momit
11-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Too cute! I got the cookie for DS.

Multimama
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
:yeahthat: Heck, I might be able to wear the 7/8 size!

I love the idea of *you* dressing up as an airplane for Halloween. :) Did you get matching planes for your boys? (We had a conversation about matching LL Bean critter backpacks awhile back, I think.)

I want the Halloween countdown calendar that everyone got last year. I somehow missed out! I searched for it and it says no longer available - does that mean they are out of stock or no longer selling them? :cry:

I didn't see them even before Halloween. I love the Thanksgiving one though!

I love the goldfish and had it in my cart, but it wouldnt really go with the cupcake so i had to stop myself.

I know! I haven't bought one either. But it's soooo adorable.

ThreeofUs
11-05-2010, 06:18 PM
I love the idea of *you* dressing up as an airplane for Halloween. :) Did you get matching planes for your boys? (We had a conversation about matching LL Bean critter backpacks awhile back, I think.)

Unfortunately, the smaller sizes were sold out. It would be great to be a fleet!

wallawala
11-05-2010, 06:37 PM
How cute is this?? A costume and matching costume for her doll??

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/halloween-witch-doll-outfit/?pkey=cseasonal-sale

cpster
11-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Thanks so much! Pulled the trigger on the ice cream cone and matching treat bag. This thread is addicting...first the Build a Bear Groupon and now a steal on a great costume!!! Thanks!:bighand::bighand::bighand:

Melbel
11-06-2010, 09:16 AM
For those who have older kids or would like adult costumes, Pottery Barn Teen also has costumes on clearance.

http://www.pbteen.com/search/results.html?words=costume&cm_sp=OnsiteSearch-_-GlobalNav-_-Button