PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Probooster vs. Britax Parkway SG

KrisM
11-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I moved the Probooster to DH's car. He just kept tipping so much in the back of the Odyssey, that I wasn't comfortable. We practiced leaning with turns, etc, and it never helped much.

So, we got a Parkway SG in the Ody now and it's so much better! The base is huge compared to the Probooster and it doesn't tip at all. It's a little easier to buckle because the buckle doesn't disappear under the base of the seat, too.

The Probooster is between the door and a Radian now, so it can't tip :). And, because the armrests are higher than the Parkway SG, it's easier for me to buckle him in 3-across. The Parkway was about impossible to do that and I can do the Probooster from the front seat easily. The narrow base probably helps that, too.

I thought about waiting on the new Parkway, but he's not in a LATCH position, so it doesn't really matter.

Just thought I'd let people know about my little comparison.

PennyS
01-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Thank you for this! I was considering a ProBooster but was concerned about the tipping issue. We have a Ford Windstar but at the moment are using a Ford Explorer b/c of Windstar has a cracked rear axle. In both cars, he is in a third row with some space between him and his brother's seat. He is currently in a GN but is just at the height where I cannot use the 5-point harness. I think I may be leaning towards the Parkway SGL now.

jjordan
01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Thank you! I'm trying to figure out if a booster will work in a 3 across for us, so I'll definitely try the Probooster (when we get to the point of actually trying seats).