PDA

View Full Version : Happy Diwali!

salsah
11-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Just wishing a Happy Diwali to those of you who will be celebrating today!

rlu
11-05-2010, 12:34 PM
This will be our third year celebrating at work. I do enjoy living & working in a diverse area.

LMPC
11-05-2010, 12:59 PM
DH's work place always has festivities for Diwali! It's great!

Happy Diwali!!! :waving4:

div_0305
11-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I wish I worked in a place that celebrated Diwali! I made Diwali treats yesterday to give to my son's K teachers and afterschool providers as well as my daughter's daycare teachers.

ETA: GOOD for you SALSAH! I see you've taken heart to the suggestions to not overthink it. Coming from an "Indian American" (Hee, hee, hee!) Maybe it's cultural, but us Indians born/brought up in the US are not sensitive about such things. To me, it shows your level of multicultural knowledge, intelligence and interest. All the blessings to you from whomever you desire them to be from ;).

Sweetum
11-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Thank you!! Happy Diwali from here too!

citymama
11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Happy Diwali to all! May the year be filled with light and love.

theriviera
11-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Happy Diwali!

SoloMelody
11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Happy Diwali to all!

Yesterday evening DD and I picked out and tried on (had to make sure they fit!) Indian outfits and jewelery to wear on this occasion. She loved her anklets and almost slept in them. The first word out of her mouth when she saw me in a saree was "princess" :shrug:

It was just like how my mom and me used to do it :love2:

This is the first year DD will know what diwali is all about. I want to make it a memorable one.

baymom
11-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Happy Diwali to all! May the year be filled with joy, health and abundance!

Globetrotter
11-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes, Happy Diwali! DH is traveling so we won't be doing our family celebration today :( We are going to a friend's place, though!

OP, it's very sweet of you to think of us!

nmosur
11-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Thank you and Happy Diwali all of you too!

I got together with a couple of moms from DD's preschool and had a Diwali party in school for the pre-K kids - 36 kids! It was a blast. The kids got to choose between a pair of bangles and a glow-in-the-dark bracelet. They got to wear a "sticker" bindi. We had small "diyas" that they decorated and took home to light a candle when it got dark. One of the moms showed the kids how to do the dandiya dance - sticks and all! We had papad, fryums, little salted biscuits (homemade) and mango juice for snack and watched Amir Khan dance to Bam Bam Bole from Taare Zameen Pe! A lot of stuff to do in one hour but we did it all. DD was so thrilled - it made all the work worthwhile!