PDA

View Full Version : Random/Fun Poll: BBB Makeup

Sweetum
11-05-2010, 02:41 PM
And I mean makeup! Inspired from a comment in another thread :) Poll coming up...

ETA: forgot to answer my own question - none most of the time (just lotion), medium-heavy makeup for a party - I don't know how to apply light makeup :( (the best I can do is some lipstick and eye-liner)

mommylamb
11-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I only wear a little bit, and by this time in the day it has probably all worn off and I don't reapply. That's on a work day. I rarely wear makeup at all on the weekends.

MamaSnoo
11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
I pretty much only wear makup if going to a nice social function with DH. And sometimes I forget!

Indianamom2
11-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I voted "work" makeup, which for me consists of foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick and mascara. Sometimes I forgo/forget the mascara, but I almost always do the rest.

I'm fairly low-maintenance, but I'm also fortunate that I've got decent skin, no dark circles and very minor lines (so far!).

AnnieW625
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I wear work makeup most days so foundation (powder), concealor, eyeshadow, lipstick, and mascara. I don't leave the house without mascara on even on the weekend unless I am going to the gym, or the grocery store to pick up a few things. I look naked without at least mascara on.

newg
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
For me it really depends.......
Generally now, I just don't have time to do more than lotion. If I do anything at all it's light.......I use bare essentials stuff, so I just brush it across my face and thats it.

Kaylee31
11-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I was just thinking the other day that I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have worn makeup since I was about 7 mos. pregnant w/DS. I just really don't care anymore. It's not like I'm hideous without it. ;)
Prior to that I wore it about every weekday, in the light-med. category. Concealer under the eyes, eyeliner, mascara, a touch of bronzer/blush, lip stain.

egoldber
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I only wear a little bit, and by this time in the day it has probably all worn off and I don't reapply. That's on a work day. I rarely wear makeup at all on the weekends.

:yeahthat:

I only wear light powder, blush and lipstick. I used to wear eye shadow, but now it makes my eyelids get crusty and flaky, so I stopped.

KpbS
11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
None ;) I don't wear any. Very occasionally I will wear lipstick for a picture or evening out.

crl
11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I pretty much always wear tinted sunscreen, mineral make up as concealor around my eyes and on my nose, some kind of neutral eyeshade, mascara and lipgloss. I apply with a really light hand. It takes me about 2 minutes to do and I have super short hair these days so I'm not spending any time drying or styling hair in the mornings. And the only thing I reapply during the day is lipgloss. I up the eye make to darker colors and/or do the same with lip gloss/stick if I am going out for the evening and I have time.

Catherine

arivecchi
11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I only wear a bronzing powder (super light application) and lipgloss for work. I do not re-apply. No makeup on weekends.

LarsMal
11-05-2010, 03:40 PM
When I worked I wore makeup every day- usually just eye makeup and maybe some concealer or powder to touch up some trouble spots, and a little bit of lip gloss. I hated foundation, and thankfully didn't really need it. Now that I have kids, and am a little older, I wear foundation almost daily. I wear eye makeup a couple times a week, usually on the weekends if we're going out.

I started wearing Everyday Minerals when M was about a year. I love how it doesn't feel like I have anything on. It's really good at covering blemishes, too. I also like that it has some sun protection in it. I don't wear a lot, just enough to even out my skin.

Corie
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
The only thing I wear is lipstick. I always have lipstick on.

citymama
11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm a no make-up gal. Except for special occasions, in which case I break out the lipstick. I've probably worn make-up maybe 5-10 times in my life. :eek:

lizzywednesday
11-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I haven't figured out why I should wear makeup to anything other than a night out, so I don't wear any.

But, on a night out, I do a full face ... and can do a full face in 5 minutes.

BabyMine
11-05-2010, 04:22 PM
During a normal day I wear suscreen and lip moisterizer. I have only worn makeup 4 times in the past 5 years.

MontrealMum
11-05-2010, 04:26 PM
I only wear makeup if I'm leaving the house. On normal days that would be: blush, lipstick/lipgloss, mascara. For a night out I might add eyeshadow. I haven't done anything approaching full makeup since the last time I performed (I used to sing), or was in a wedding.

g-mama
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I haven't figured out why I should wear makeup to anything other than a night out, so I don't wear any.

Consider yourself very lucky. If you had the DARK circles under your eyes like I inherited, you would've figured out that concealer and foundation were your friends when you were about 13, like I did. My skin is so uneven and blotchy, lots of broken capillaries, very fair contrasting with these awful dark circles, not just under my eyes, but on top of my eyelids.

That's why I wear makeup every single day.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-05-2010, 04:50 PM
i put on makeup only when i leave the house. i use bare minerals foundation so it's super fast and light to apply. for when i go out i just do the foundation powder, blush, and lipgloss if i'm in a hurry. for weekends i get to do more and will add eye shadow, eyebrow liner, mascara etc.

Twoboos
11-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I voted light. My must haves to leave the house (like without showering - even going to bus stop or to the gym) are eyelash curler and concealer. A little eyeliner is good too.

Post shower day-to-day makeup is the above plus powder, lipstick/gloss and maybe light eyeshadow.

WolfpackMom
11-05-2010, 05:26 PM
I pretty much only wear makup if going to a nice social function with DH. And sometimes I forget!

:yeahthat: so basically never....I still have full things of makep from my wedding 3+yrs ago, need to toss those.

ThreeofUs
11-05-2010, 06:21 PM
None, most of the time. I don't need concealer, haven't bought mascara in too long, etc.

I would like to get a good mascara, some decent eye liner, and something for color on my lips and cheeks. Whenever I've bought anything, though, it's years before I even get around to opening it.... *sigh*

lchang25000
11-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I wear makeup everyday, unless I don't plan on leaving the house. I wear concealer, powder, eyeliner, fill in my eyebrows, and lipgloss.

hillview
11-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Most days I roll out of bed and that is my look for the day. On occasion I will put on eyeliner in the morning. When I go to work meetings (every other week or so) I will sometimes put on full make up, if it is an important meeting. Usually it is eyeliner and lipstick.
/hillary

neeleymartin
11-05-2010, 08:41 PM
i answered work, but probably fall closer more than that (party makeup) i think you called it. i have tons of acne scarring from teenage cystic acne, paired with a skin tone that looks like a corpse. i missed all the irish rosy... my sister told me to NEVER stop wearing the bronzer because without it i look like a dead body. advise i agree with. i wear foundation, bronzer (pretty heavy), powder to set it all, eyeliner, mascara (heavy as well) and relatively dark lip color (brownish/red/spice). i think that people would be amazed at the amount that i wear. it looks pretty good and natural, and not overdone. but i go through the stuff like crazy.

daisymommy
11-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I wear Everyday Minerals powder foundation, mascara, and lipgloss. Some days if I want a touch more (like If I'm getting together with people) I add some eyeliner and bronzer on my cheeks.

The only time I wear eyeshadow and heavy lipstick is date night with DH.

If I am staying home, bumming around in my sweats, then all bets are off ;)

brgnmom
11-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't wear makeup on a daily basis. I always wear sunscreen/moisturizer, but that's it. my DH prefers me not wearing any makeup - fortunately, I have clear skin, and I love using my clarisonic mia.

I do wear light makeup for special events -- like our family portraits over the summer, and I use bare escentuals mineral powder, stila eye shadow, and lip gloss.

HIU8
11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
I voted work makeup. I wear foundation and powder daily along with eyeliner and blush. I rarely do eye shadow and lipstick (I will do lipgloss if I need to). I cannot go without makeup. I just got things under control with proactive. I also have rosacia so I use the base to even my tone, and my eyes look sunken so I attempt to make them look not so much with the eyeliner applied in a certain way. I put on makeup every single day as part of my daily routine. It takes me under 5 minutes to do it.

momtoonegirl
11-05-2010, 09:37 PM
I wear work makeup most of the week, and light makeup on the weekend. Only heavier makeup for special occasions or parties.

kijip
11-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I essentially never wear make up. Ever.

I was blessed with very, very good skin (insert cartwheel smilie). As of now, I really can't see the need. When I do wear it, it looks weird. I wish I did sometimes because I like the look, but on me it's just strange.

I do wear sunscreen everyday, 365 days a year. Gotta maintain the skin...

edurnemk
11-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I voted light: I put on some mineral powder foundation, mascara and gloss for everyday. I might add a hint of blush if I feel I look kind of pale/tired. It takes me like 3 minutes, tops.

For evening or more formal occasions I add eyeliner and some eyeshadow, and lipstick instead of gloss.

randomkid
11-05-2010, 10:01 PM
I voted work makeup - foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, powder and lipstick. I am very envious of those of you with nice skin. I have a friend who never wears makeup, but has beautiful skin and long dark eyelashes - you'd think she has makeup on. I, OTOH, have rosacea and what I call "squinty eyes". I don't have to wear blush because the redness shows even through my foundation and powder. I have to be very careful that my foundation has absolutely NO red or pink in it - I am going to sorely miss my Prescriptives when I run out! I have the type of rosacea that includes breakouts. Even DD told me I have "bumpy skin". It's so frustrating to be in my mid-40s and be dealing with more skin issues than I had as a teenager. I didn't wear makeup until well into my senior year of high school. If I don't put on eye makeup, including eyeliner, I look half asleep. I have gone to work without eyeliner, only mascara, and people tell me I look tired...sigh. Guess I'm stuck with makeup forever. I hate it!

ett
11-05-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm a no make-up gal. Except for special occasions, in which case I break out the lipstick. I've probably worn make-up maybe 5-10 times in my life. :eek:

:yeahthat: This is me. The only time I've worn full makeup is on my wedding day. I think I broke out the powder and lipstick for our engagement pictures. I'm very surprised by the results of this poll because I thought most women do wear makeup.

DietCokeLover
11-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I rarely wear make up. Occasionally, I will wear some mineral powder and mascara to church on Sundays if I remember or have time once I get the kids ready.

billysmommy
11-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Powder, mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss.
Sometimes a hint of blush in the winter when I'm really pale

baymom
11-05-2010, 10:38 PM
I very rarely wear makeup--which to me includes powder/foundation, eye shadow, mascara and lipstick. I get 'decked out' in make-up only about a dozen times a year.

BUT, I am one of those people that needs to have a swipe of lipstick or lipgloss on even to just go get the newspaper or to the mail box. I think a part of me feels that making the effort to apply lipstick will compensate with how NOT put-together the rest of me looks. :tongue5:

maestramommy
11-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I only wear makeup for church and date night. And it's super light (as in lip balm and lipstick) unless I am performing. Even then I tend to skip eye makeup. No time!

twowhat?
11-05-2010, 11:19 PM
I really hate wearing makeup! I just hate that I have to remember not to touch my face, or that it can rub off on clothing, and wearing glasses most days complicates things too. Too bad, because I really ought to at least wear foundation every day - my skin is NOT even-toned.

So I only wear makeup when we go out to fancy parties (like our company holiday party). I wear Bobbi Brown and really love the way it looks on my skin.

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Minimal- lip gloss
Normal- lip gloss, eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation and blush- all applies with a light hand.

Beth

GrowingTrenz
11-06-2010, 12:09 AM
For me it really depends.......
Generally now, I just don't have time to do more than lotion. If I do anything at all it's light.......I use bare essentials stuff, so I just brush it across my face and thats it.

:yeahthat:

Wow, I saw the poll and fully expected to be in the minority that I needn't bother to even look. My time and $$ spent on makeup has been on the decline since getting pregnant last year. Pre-pregnancy my skin was super oily and needed lots of tlc to look half decent which meant full make up with touch ups throughout the day. Not its more balanced so I get away with just a moisturizer and sunscreen and its great. Otherwise couple swipes of bare minerals whatever and I'm good to go.

shawnandangel
11-06-2010, 07:42 AM
I wake up, wash my face, put face lotion on, put chapstick on, put a serum on and then usually put on some sort of color to my lips. A couple times a week I put on eyeliner and it all depends on whether or not I'm wearing glasses or contacts. About every other week I'll actually put on foundation. My skin is pretty even so I don't really need it but when I get stressed, I get zits so then I break it out.

I wear foundation more in the summer than winter also because my skin gets so dry.

liz
11-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Eyelash curler/mascara everyday. If I don't, I look too washed out (light skin color and hair). It makes me feel better when I look in the mirror, so I do it for me.

In the summer I go very natural- usually just mascara. In the winter, quick swipe with mineral powder, some blush, eye shadow and eyeliner. Takes me about 2 minutes.

Oh, and I always put on some lip balm/vaseline on my lips. Lipstick or gloss, like 5x/year.