PDA

View Full Version : Babywearing mommas - when did you wear your baby?

momm
11-05-2010, 05:21 PM
All the baby wearing mommas out there, when did you find your baby wrap/ carrier most useful?
E.g. when LO slept/ while shopping etc.?

Just wondering if I will get use out of my wrap, got me thinking.

brittone2
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
My 7 month old spends half the day in the ergo or DH's sling.

I just put him on my back while I go about my day-it is so much easier to clean and get things done while he's on there. He's crawling and busy and it is nice to also know where he is LOL.

I definitely like babywearing while running into stores, etc. It is also indispensable when you have older children to take care of...much easier to have baby happy, safe, and accounted for.

crl
11-05-2010, 05:37 PM
At the grocery store
To and from the bus stop to pick up or drop off older ds
Outside to supervise older ds playing

When she was 1-3 months, around the house while doing chores or trying to walk her to sleep

DD gets worn nearly everyday, usually for 30 minutes to three hours.

Catherine

Nooknookmom
11-05-2010, 05:45 PM
I wore DD2 when I had stuff to do around the house, when I had to go out & run errands, when she was fussy. It helped her reflux tremendously, so she spent a lot of time in various carriers.

Unfortunately she thinks I am supposed to carry her everywhere now, at 3.5!!

maestramommy
11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Once I got the hang of it, pretty much all the time. While shopping certainly, doing housework, going for walks, etc.

I did wear each successive DC more than the last, because I was more experience, and because it was necessary.

hellokitty
11-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I used my sling starting from when the baby was a newborn and all the way through the toddler yrs. I have all sorts of different ones. They were all worth the $. Which wrap do you have?

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Pretty much anywhere out of the house. Dh wore ds2 around the house when ds2 was a tiny newborn when he needed to get chores done and was on baby duty. I loved baby wearing for convenience. So much easier than dealing with strollers or lugging carseats around.

Beth

citymama
11-06-2010, 12:38 AM
I mostly babywear when out and about. We do almost all errands on foot or public transit - dropping and picking up older DD from preschool, groceries, post office etc etc. I mostly wear my Pikkolo; DH wears a Maya Wrap. In the newborn/infant stage (0/3 months) DH and I wore the babies to get them to nap or chill out. (Kangaroo Korner pouch for me; Maya for DH.) Now DD2 is 6 months I do wear her to do household chores sometimes as well. (Usually the Bjorn so she can look out at the world!) We need to break out the old Ergo soon...

Jacksmommy2b
11-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I wear my 10 month old all the time. He's on my back in a MT for quick trips or housework and wrap on front for longer trips and napping. I had Sam in a wrap and 4 y/o Jack on hubs back at a super crowded home show a few months back.

Once you get the hang of it, you will be hooked.