PDA

View Full Version : Question on TRU/BRU Rewards

alien_host
11-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I finally logged on to check my rewards account and noticed that all my on-line orders are missing. I had two orders, one had a partial shipment and I tried the "retro look-up" and it keeps saying it can't find the transaction.

Anyone have success in the past getting credit for on-line orders?

I find the program very confusing. I noticed most of my purchases only earn 1/2 credit since they were purchased at a promotional price...last quarter was the first time I really spent enough $$ at TRU to worry about it and it's kind of annoying that so many things are missing.

Olivia1094
11-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Sort-of success. DH ordered some stuff and didn't input our code (I guess you have to do it yourself?). I emailed customer service and they said no problem, they just needed the order numbers. I never got them from DH, and I think the deadline was 10-31-10. So I didn't get credit, but I could have if I had remembered to get the order numbers. (I knew it was going to be like pulling teeth to get them from DH, LOL, so I put it off.) You should be able to get your credit though.

ETA: I agree that the program is frustrating. 95% of the stuff I buy is on sale or I have a coupon so I only get half the price I paid as credit. It also doesn't count if you buy gift cards or the diaper cases that are buy 9 (?) get one free. Furthermore, I made returns during one of their "Double Rewards" periods and it took off double the credit! (Even though when I purchased originally, I did not get double rewards.) PITB

poohbear
11-05-2010, 11:31 PM
I gave up on the rewards program right around the time they said you only get 1/2 points anytime you use a coupon for anything. So you buy a $500 item but use a $5 off coupon, you only get 249 points instead of 450. How rewarding.
Plus if you forget your card, they say they can use your phone number, but it has never worked for me and they won't retroactively credit you anymore.
And BRU never sends me coupons in the mail. They send my mom coupons in the mail all the time. She never shops there. So I realize this post is not at all helpful except to say that I don't think they have any method to their madness.
Supposedly you'll get 10% back for all of your purchases through x-mas. Which is way better than last year's get nothing and like it from now until x-mas, but I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm glad there's a BBB close-ish to me now. And I order my diapers from amazon.
Stepping down from the soapbox now! :rotflmao:

alien_host
11-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Sort-of success. DH ordered some stuff and didn't input our code (I guess you have to do it yourself?). I emailed customer service and they said no problem, they just needed the order numbers. I never got them from DH, and I think the deadline was 10-31-10. So I didn't get credit, but I could have if I had remembered to get the order numbers. (I knew it was going to be like pulling teeth to get them from DH, LOL, so I put it off.) You should be able to get your credit though.

ETA: I agree that the program is frustrating. 95% of the stuff I buy is on sale or I have a coupon so I only get half the price I paid as credit. It also doesn't count if you buy gift cards or the diaper cases that are buy 9 (?) get one free. Furthermore, I made returns during one of their "Double Rewards" periods and it took off double the credit! (Even though when I purchased originally, I did not get double rewards.) PITB

I think the FAQs say you have two weeks after the promo period to do the retro credit, so I think that might be 11/15 since the last period ended 10/31. I'm going to call and try and get credit.

And I just made a return during the 10% rewards so they probably will deduct extra. I agree with you and poohbear, it's kind of a joke! I normally don't buy a ton of stuff at TRU (just Oct-Dec, typically) so I guess it's not a huge deal but it is irritating!

mcmanutm
11-05-2010, 11:42 PM
I agree! Their rewards program is terrible! Why bother TRU?!? I had a baby a year ago and have shopped there a ton over my the past year. I have not received one single gift certificate and I rarely receive coupons in the mail. My mom also gets way more coupons that I do (and she doesn't shop there much). I don't understand. They didn't have my phone number in the system either--- I know I gave them all of my info. when I set up my registry and got my rewards card. SO FRUSTRATING! What rewards?!? I thought I was the only one having these issues....guess not!

alien_host
11-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I called today with my two orders and they put them in. It remains to be seen if it will hit my activity but it's worth a try if anyone else has orders that didn't get credited.

ITA that their "rewards" program stinks...but I no longer need baby stuff or diapers so I just buy toys there on occassion so I guess I'll just take what I can get. But it is crazy that they give you $5 for $150 spent and then some only receive 1/2 credit....so you might have to spend $300 to get $5? 1.67% yippee! NOT!