PDA

View Full Version : BluTrack vs Darda

KrisM
11-06-2010, 09:59 PM
I"m thinking of one of these for DS2 for Christmas. He likes cars, so I"m thinking a better track than the Hot Wheels stuff we have would be good. DS1 could help with it, of course. At 2.5 he'll be on the young side for either, but he's so hard to buy for!

Anyway, if you have either, what do you think of them?

ahisma
11-06-2010, 10:23 PM
We don't have either, but I'm getting BluTrack for DS2 (2.5) and DS1 (4) for Christmas. My main reason is that it's all in one piece so I think it will be easier to deal with, and it's easier to roll up and put it away.

I think we'll start with hotwheels for now and do the loops / Darda cars when DS2 is a bit older and can care for them better.

kristac
11-06-2010, 10:25 PM
We have blutrack and love it but it is hard for even my 5 year old to do by himself. We have the 24ft track and if I had it to do over I think I would get the smaller track (18ft) and some ramps because it would be a bit easier for a child to deal with. Also you need a darda car to really appreciate it although it does work with matchbox and pixar cars- they just can't make all the loops, etc. (Same would be true of a darda track).

At 2.5 I'd maybe look at a road rug if you don't have one or this ramp: http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Wheels-4-Lane-Raceway/dp/B000JSI63G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1289096285&sr=8-5
or http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=865&keyword=road&scategoryid=0&CategorySearch=&Brand=&Price=

KrisM
11-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks. I think I'll go with the BluTrack. We do have a road rug already. It hasn't been out in a while, so maybe I'll drag it up this week.

baileygirl
11-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Looks like you have already decided, but I have seen a lot of Darda stuff at Tuesday Morning lately. Cars were under $3 and the tracks were pretty inexpensive.

KrisM
11-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Looks like you have already decided, but I have seen a lot of Darda stuff at Tuesday Morning lately. Cars were under $3 and the tracks were pretty inexpensive.

Nah, just thinking out loud. Thanks for the TM tip. I was there and didn't see anything on Thursday, but will try another store if I can and look. A car would be great for either track.

KrisM
11-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Picked up the Darda Victory Lane and a car at TM. I'm still undecided for which one to actually give him.

brittone2
11-10-2010, 10:35 AM
We have a large blutrack (don't remember how many feet; it has been out of rotation since our move 6 months ago) and I agree...should have gone smaller so it would be more manageable.

it is fun but we don't have a great place to set it up without moving stuff around, etc. We'll likely have a finished basement in the next house so it may be fun there.