PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried the fisher price trio system?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
11-06-2010, 11:29 PM
It's 50% off at target right now and I'm considering getting it for ds. If he likes it we'll expand his collection. It's new this year from what the gal at tru said and I'm wondering if anyone else has tried it out yet.

KrisM
11-06-2010, 11:40 PM
It was out last year. I don't have any, but I am sure it is at least 1 year old.

katydid1971
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM
I got DS the TRIO system last year. I started with the airplane for $5. Great toy, great price. I gave it to several people last Christmas. Then I got him big box of them. He LOVED the airplane but didn't play with the bigger box as much, I don't know why. DS still plays with them sometimes but he much prefers Legos. They are nice and hold together well, better than legos for playing with if that makes sense. They are kind of between Legos and Duplos in size and ability level. I think the Batman stuff is new this year.

baileygirl
11-07-2010, 02:28 AM
DS1 (who loves legos, duplos, unit blocks, magnatiles, etc) was given the above mentioned airplane set right after he turned 3 (around Christmas). I honestly didn't think that we would keep it, but he actually likes it quite a bit. He builds more portable things with the trios, then he can with legos/duplos. For example, he has recently built what he calls a "laser" and a "hook". DH bought him the fire station a few months ago, and honestly that hasn't gotten much play (partially my fault since I keep it up). He has been asking for the batcave for several months, so I gave in when I saw the Target coupon (he won't get it until his birthday).

brgnmom
11-07-2010, 06:12 AM
my DS loves his trio sets. He plays with them more often than his lego duplo pieces, because the trio pieces hold together more firmly. He loves snapping the trio pieces together & building tall structures, dragons, boats, or whatever else he has in mind.

The batman set that is on sale at Target is new this year.

Dr C
11-07-2010, 07:35 AM
my ds has trouble snapping the blocks together at times. but yours is older so may be just fine.

groundhog74
11-07-2010, 11:06 AM
My DCs love Trios. It was definitely a toy that was fought over right after Christmas last year.

niccig
11-07-2010, 06:39 PM
DS got a set 6 months ago, he's 6 in December. He likes building with them. The snap together and are a bit more stable than legos. DS still gets upset if a lego creating falls apart. I bought the batman cave with the 50% for DN, it came out to $17.50. DS saw it and he wants his own too - I'm not going to get it as I think lego is still better for us now. I think a 4yo might need some help snapping them together, but 5 and up can definitely do it on their own.