PDA

View Full Version : Where should we have breakfast?

crl
11-07-2010, 12:49 PM
On the days we don't have a character meal scheduled for breakfast, where should we get breakfast? We are staying in the Wilderness Lodge. First day we are going to the Magic Kingdom and we have the dining plan. DS has food allergies and dh is limiting carbs per doctor's orders. No one eats a big breakfast, but we all need something quick to start the day.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Catherine

hillview
11-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I do quick serve in the hotel or do a grocery run and hand out cereal and make coffee in hotel room. I am all about getting to the park early!
/hillary

alien_host
11-07-2010, 02:57 PM
I bring (in suitcase and then I have room for souveniers) mini cereal boxes, poptarts, cereal bars, dried fruit and such for breakfast and we eat in the room. How about oatmeal packets, will your room have a coffee maker or microwave?

I have sometimes grabbed a banana, apple or orange at a buffet to eat later. :bag A lot of people use snack credits at the Main St. Bakery for breakfast, but that could be an issue with the food allergy (that's why we didn't do this) and the carb thing.

crl
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I was wondering if it would be a good idea to pack some food or have groceries delivered, even though we have the meal plan. I need to figure out the details of the meal plan.

Catherine

hillview
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
We have done the larger snack thing at the park after some rides. It works well for us.
/hillary

bubbaray
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
We generally do a light breakfast in the room (cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit) and an early lunch (usually a character lunch). Not sure how the logistics of that would work at WDW (vs DL where we go), but you get the drift.

crl
11-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks. Our meal times are kind of all over the place because I couldn't get anyone to commit to the trip until about 120 days out. (DH and family are NOT planners.). I checked and we have the deluxe dining plan so I think I should plan on something quick at the hotel? Do they have things we can grab and take up to the room or with us to the park?

Thank you!
Catherine

alien_host
11-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I was wondering if it would be a good idea to pack some food or have groceries delivered, even though we have the meal plan. I need to figure out the details of the meal plan.

Catherine

We did the meal plan for 6 nights and the first night we got there late in the day. We did one breakfast - Chef Mickey's and ate all the other times in the room. I also used snack credits for juice and bought milk at the little store.

We would do TS for dinner most nights and CS for lunch. DH and I split a CS once and that left us an extra CS where I got breakfast on our last morning and we split it.

We did manage to eat all snacks/CS/TS. I also brought snacks to the park for DD (craisins, fruit bars, fruit gummies) to occupy her in line/hold her between meals. I was never given a hard time with food and I had a note from the allergist but never had to use it.

alien_host
11-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Does the Wilderness Lodge have a counter service place? If so then yes, you can grab pastries, cereal, milk, juice and breakfast items and go back to the room. I've never been there so I don't know the logicstics but I'm guessing they do have a CS and also a little convenience store (where they also sell soda, chips, candy, breakfast items, milk, juice).

TwinFoxes
11-08-2010, 12:28 AM
We ate all breakfasts in-room (except Chef Mickey's the last day). DDs get up early, and there's no way they could have made it until a breakfast in the park, after rope drop and getting a FP. We had our car, and stopped at Whole Foods on the way in. They had a choice of oatmeal, cinnamon raisin toast with cream cheese, and frozen waffles and fruit. (we were in a DVC, so we had a kitchen) It was a nice way to start our long days.

Tinkerbell313
11-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Since you have the DxDDP, you have three meals a day to use and two snacks a day to use.

On days you are going to Epcot, you can get breakfast at Sunshine Seasons at the Land Pavilion (where Soarin is). I would pick up fast passes for Soarin first...then eat...they have cereal and milk, a full plated breakfast, fruit, bakery items, etc. Then go on Soarin using the fast passes.

On days that you are going to be in MK, you can eat at Main Street Bakery. I have not had a chance yo try their food (outside of an ocassional pastry) however, based on what I read on the Disboards, they have a decent selection.

At Wilderness Lodge, there is a counter service. Here is what is available (of course they also have lots of fruit and stuff not listed):

Muffins - Banana Nut, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip $2.29
Butter or Chocolate Croissant $2.29
Bagels - Plain, Honey Wheat or Cinnamon Raisin $2.29
Frosted or Glazed Donut $0.99
Sticky Bun $2.79
White or Wheat Bread $0.69
English Muffin $0.99

Create-Your-Own Yogurt Parfait Or Cereal
Served 6am - 10:30am

Made-To-Order Yogurt Parfait - yogurt, fresh berries, and granola $4.29
Kellogg's Cereal with Toppings - choose a cereal and select your toppings $3.99
Kellogg's Cereal - Rice Krispies, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Cruncheroos, or Corn Flakes $3.09
Oatmeal with Toppings $3.99
Oatmeal $2.49

Toppings: fresh berries, granola, sliced almonds, or raisins

Breakfast from the Grill
Served 7am - 11am

Bounty Platter - with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes and a biscuit $8.29
Breakfast Platter - scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and a biscuit $6.29
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croissant Sandwich $5.99
Pancakes - served with bacon $5.19

Kids' Picks
9 and Under

Breakfast Platter - scrambled eggs, bacon, and applesauce $4.39

Pancakes - served with bacon and applesauce $4.39

Tinkerbell313
11-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks. Our meal times are kind of all over the place because I couldn't get anyone to commit to the trip until about 120 days out. (DH and family are NOT planners.). I checked and we have the deluxe dining plan so I think I should plan on something quick at the hotel? Do they have things we can grab and take up to the room or with us to the park?

Thank you!
Catherine

Since you have the duluxe dining plan, I would not order food from a grocery delivery place. You will have plenty of food that you can get CS or TS. On your plan you have 3 meals a day, plus 2 snacks a day, plus a refillable mug, for everyone ages 3 and above.

alien_host
11-08-2010, 12:54 PM
MaddieEthan is right, with deluxe you have more food. Use your snacks for breakfast items. You could even get them the night before if you think that is easier. I saw people at the Contemporary getting cereal/milk at the CS place with snack credits at 8PM, so I assumed they were taking it back to have in the AM. If you have a fridge, that would work.

You could also go down in the AM and get a few CS hot breakfast platters to share. IIRC counter service breakfast comes with coffee and juice?