PDA

View Full Version : Rash 4 days after MMR/Chicken Pox vaccine?

bw52
11-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Is this normal? The dr. mentioned something about a reaction 2 weeks later, but this is a lot earlier. Should I be concerned? Or just wait until tomorrow and call LO ped? She's had a fever (low) off and on and a really runny nose, too. Thought that was either from a cold that's been going around or from her flu shot vaccine, but now she's got the rash, too. Should I just wait till tomorrow?

JBaxter
11-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Probably not from the Measles Mumps Rubella or varicella immunizations the reactions usually are about 10-21 days after the shot

Have no clue about the flu vaccine.

OR she could have picked up something viral since her immune system in lowered because of all the immunizations.

Claki
11-07-2010, 02:56 PM
DS got two shots, I forget what, but it wasn't his MMR, on Monday, along with the flu shot. He has also had a cold virus. And one day later he got a strange rash. When it spread to his face we took him back to the doctor, who said it was part of the cold virus and that it's going around.

LMPC
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
DD got a rash (all over body rash, seemed to be no itching) after her (I think) MMR. I remember it being before the 10-21 day timeline. I asked the dr about it, she said that it was still in the normal realm of things :shrug: It was an all over rash, kind of looked like contact dermatitis. Started in the middle, spread to the extremities...then left starting from the middle and lastly from the extremities. Never happened again. Weird!

twowhat?
11-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Ours got a rash 4 days following the MMR vaccine (too early to be a reaction). Turned out they just happened to get Roseola right then! So it was just a coincidence (esp given their age at the time).

bubbaray
11-07-2010, 03:47 PM
DD#2 got a full body rash at exactly 7 days post MMR and it was a classic MMR rash (if you google, you'll find pics). We were told the rash could appear 7-12 days after the shot. Her rash lasted 48hrs, almost to the minute. No fever. No discomfort or other symptoms, just the rash.

ETA: we know it was a post-MMR rash because we took photos and the nurse confirmed it. Also, DD#2 gets her shots 1 at a time for allergy reasons.