PDA

View Full Version : Epcot plan, sound good?

crl
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Ds says he wants to go Epcot so we are. It will have to be on Thanksgiving Day Ack. we have a whole family ADR at Chef Mickeys for breakfast at 9:45 so no way to make it for rope drop. Here's my plan

Go straight to Soarin and get fast passes for two of us. Then go straight to Test Track nd pick up two more fast passes. Will this work? DD is only 7 months old, can we get a fast pass "for" her? And then give her fast pass to ds to use?

Then depending on the wait time for those, either head off to the World Showcase (this would be the option if we have to wait more than a couple of hours), with an eye to seeing the Chinese acrobats or go to Innoventions.

Food suggestions welcome!

What do you think?

Catherine

hillview
11-07-2010, 04:52 PM
You can't get 2 fastpasses back to back. You have to wait to get a second set of fast passes til after the original fast pass expires. I'd go to soarin and get fast passes, go to test track, do test track, see if your time is up to get fast passes, if not and the line isnt really too long ride it again, get fast passes to it for later and go ride soarin.
/hillary

Octobermommy
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
YOu can't Pick up 2 sets of fast passes back to back. I think it is 2 hours after you get it or 1 hour after your return window opens, whichever is shorter. Your dd won't have a park ticket so she won't have a fast pass. You have to put in your tickets to get the fastpasses.

You could do counter service somewhere in the world so you don't need reservations for that.

Have a great time!

fivi2
11-07-2010, 04:57 PM
So you'll probably get to EPCOT around 11:30 or 12? Is TG day as crowded as Christmas? Because you may not get fastpasses at all for Soarin or they may be late in the evening return time. I am sure the more experienced wdw'ers can chime in, but I would plan on just making it a World Showcase/innoventions day and feeling lucky if you get to ride either TT or Soarin. There will be a window on your fp that tells you when you can get the next one, but it won't be back to back.

You can only get FPs if you have a park ticket, so not for your 7 month old. (iirc) But there is some baby swap/fast pass/extra child rider tango you can do that you may have to ask about on the disboards. (helpful, huh?)

good luck!

hillview
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
We like
Garden Grill for dinner (characters)
Eppen Edo (sp?)

The countries are a bit of a haul from the rides so plan accordingly.
/hillary

crl
11-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Okay, I know you can only hold one fast pass per ticket, but we will have four tickets. What I'm wondering is if we can get two fast passes using two tickets for Soarin and two fast passes using the other two tickets for Test Track. For that to work we would need to be able to use the baby's ticket (sounds like we can't) to get a fast pass and we would need fast passes to be transferable.

Thanks for the feedback!
Catherine

hillview
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Yes sorry yes you can do that :)
/hillary

crl
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Yes sorry yes you can do that :)
/hillary

No need to be sorry. I'm not explaining very well! DH is at work and I'm trying to juggle the 7 year old, the seven month old, laundry and Disney planning.

Thank you!
Catherine

Momof3Labs
11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Your baby won't have a park ticket, so you cannot get a fast pass for her. You can get two fast passes on two tickets for Soarin' and one fastpass on a DIFFERENT ticket on Test Track. Yes, fast passes are transferable. But I agree - if there are even fastpasses left for Soarin, they will be for very late in the day.

I'd also make it more of a wandering day - countries, innoventions, etc. But know that you probably won't come back raving about Epcot like many of us do, since you probably won't get on some of our kids' favorite rides and activities.

crl
11-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Ok. DS is dead set on Soarin. I'm thinking we should do Epcot on Wednesday instead? We have 4:45 ADR at Ohana's that night (for us plus in-laws) so I was planning on AK for a short day. But maybe we should do Epcot instead because we can be there at rope drop to get fast passes for Soarin. And then we can do AK on Thanksgiving when we are getting such a late start. . . .

Catheri e

crl
11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Your baby won't have a park ticket, so you cannot get a fast pass for her. You can get two fast passes on two tickets for Soarin' and one fastpass on a DIFFERENT ticket on Test Track. Yes, fast passes are transferable. But I agree - if there are even fastpasses left for Soarin, they will be for very late in the day.

I'd also make it more of a wandering day - countries, innoventions, etc. But know that you probably won't come back raving about Epcot like many of us do, since you probably won't get on some of our kids' favorite rides and activities.

Ah, some poking around on the disboards has turned up a slightly different strategy. Apparently we can get three fast passes and use rider switch to let older ds ride the same ride twice with different parents.

kbud
11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Soaring fastpasses are very often gone by noon on busy days, even on not busy days.

Do babyswap, basically 2 adults can use one fastpass then. Tell them when you enter the fp line that you like to use the babyswap. If I remember correctly they give you a fp to use after the other adult returns. You could do that for soaring and test track. You need to use a park ticket that was used for admission that day in order to get a fast pass. With the baby swap they've let me older daughter ride each time with both us even though she only had one fastpass. I hope that makes sense.

LarsMal
11-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Ok. DS is dead set on Soarin. I'm thinking we should do Epcot on Wednesday instead? We have 4:45 ADR at Ohana's that night (for us plus in-laws) so I was planning on AK for a short day. But maybe we should do Epcot instead because we can be there at rope drop to get fast passes for Soarin. And then we can do AK on Thanksgiving when we are getting such a late start. . . .

Catheri e

You'll be there at a busier time than we were, but DH, FIL, and L were all able to get right on Soarin' and Test Track at rope drop and then got Fastpasses so I could go on it with him again later. I think getting there early so you can either get on the ride or get earlier FPs is a good idea.

The only thing we didn't get on on our whole trip was Toy Story Mania at DHS. We got there around 9:45 and the FP time was already 5:30. We dedided to think about it and when we went back about a 1/2 hour later there weren't any available and the wait was 2 hours. Not sure if Soarin' gets *that* much of a crowd, but better to get there early and be able to do it than miss out or have to wait all day.

Have fun!!

mytwosons
11-09-2010, 07:20 AM
When we were there at a far less busier time of year, the fast passes for Soarin typically ran out by noon. On Thanksgiving, I would expect they wouldn't even last that long.

Epcot is a great park for busy days since it is large and the crowds have plenty of room. But, it's all about the FP and you need to be there by rope drop.

FWIW, I preferred to have our TS meals in the afternoon - 5 at the latest. That's when we could really use the break.

crl
11-09-2010, 11:52 AM
When we were there at a far less busier time of year, the fast passes for Soarin typically ran out by noon. On Thanksgiving, I would expect they wouldn't even last that long.

Epcot is a great park for busy days since it is large and the crowds have plenty of room. But, it's all about the FP and you need to be there by rope drop.

FWIW, I preferred to have our TS meals in the afternoon - 5 at the latest. That's when we could really use the break.

Can't change the meals. Couldn't get dh and in laws to commit until about 120 days out so I just did the best I could with ADRs.

Thanks all! We are going with Epcot on the day we can get there at rope drop.

Thank you!

Catherine

TwinFoxes
11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Can't change the meals. Couldn't get dh and in laws to commit until about 120 days out so I just did the best I could with ADRs.

Thanks all! We are going with Epcot on the day we can get there at rope drop.

Thank you!

Catherine

Have fun! Soarin' is worth it :)

crl
11-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Have fun! Soarin' is worth it :)

Thanks!

Catherine

LD92599
11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Ah, some poking around on the disboards has turned up a slightly different strategy. Apparently we can get three fast passes and use rider switch to let older ds ride the same ride twice with different parents.

For test track my dh did the single rider line and the attendant handed me 2 fast passes to use immediately when dh came out, so not only did we skip the entire 30 min wait line we also didnt need to wait to use the fp's!

We didnt get to soarin because we also had a late start.

I am going to post about our trip later, just got back last night.

crl
11-10-2010, 09:45 AM
For test track my dh did the single rider line and the attendant handed me 2 fast passes to use immediately when dh came out, so not only did we skip the entire 30 min wait line we also didnt need to wait to use the fp's!

We didnt get to soarin because we also had a late start.

I am going to post about our trip later, just got back last night.

Nice! Can't wait to read about your trip.

Thanks,
Catherine