PDA

View Full Version : last trike q! which kettler trike

lmh2402
11-07-2010, 10:03 PM
ok, so my parents are dead-set on getting DS a kettler trike

so i now need to pick model

any suggestions on which you like best and why? is one heavier (harder for kiddo to move) than the other?

thanks

Smillow
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
We have 2 (both purchased from CL):

1) An air tire Kiddio with a push bar and seatbelt but it does not have auto freewheel so DH made me get another;

2) Kettler Klassic - plastic tires with push bar and autofree wheel and adjustable frame. The auto freewheel allows DH to push him with out the pedals turning. No seat belt on this one.

Our DS is a couple of months older than yours. He can't really reach the pedals yet (he's about 34-36" but mostly torso). Ideally I would like #2 with air tires and seatbelt.

The Navigator also has a mechanism where the person pushing can steer by turning the rear wheels.

I am keeping both because I figure eventually DS will be able to ride them himself & I don't know which will work better.

ahisma
11-08-2010, 12:01 AM
My 2yo DS can't reach yet, it only works if we push him. He's small, but it's something to think about.

His favorite ride ons this summer were an old Little Tikes ride-on and a Plasmacar. He just pushes the Plasmacar along with his legs (not as it's intended) but he gets some serious speed on that thing! He also does really well on the mini kick.

I guess I'd find a store to try the Kettlers out first. I LOVE our Kettlers, but they're not all that fun until they can reach.

citymama
11-08-2010, 01:20 AM
I would get the Junior or the Green trike,with the parent handlebar. They are lighter and easier to zip around on. We made the mistake of getting one of the sturdier/heavier/more $$ trikes (Jumbo) and while it is as sturdy as can be, it was hard for DD to pedal around at 2, or even 3.

Multimama
11-08-2010, 09:13 AM
I would get the Junior or the Green trike,with the parent handlebar. They are lighter and easier to zip around on. We made the mistake of getting one of the sturdier/heavier/more $$ trikes (Jumbo) and while it is as sturdy as can be, it was hard for DD to pedal around at 2, or even 3.

:yeahthat: I think the Junior and Green are the only ones that a child as young as your DS stands a chance of being able to reach the peddles on. The bigger trikes are really big!

lmh2402
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
thanks, guys!

if it matters, he's on the larger size. he was a smidge over 36" at his 18 month appt

but i will look specifically into the two suggested for younger kids

:)

citymama
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
thanks, guys!

if it matters, he's on the larger size. he was a smidge over 36" at his 18 month appt

but i will look specifically into the two suggested for younger kids

:)

That's tall, but unless he's built like a 4 yr old, the heavier trikes are just hard to move.