PDA

View Full Version : toddler table and chairs

3emm
11-07-2010, 10:31 PM
i am thinking about getting DS a table and chairs. We were at a friends house and he enjoyed sitting in a chair his size. can you make any recommendations? do you love your table and chairs. I was looking at p'kolino table and chairs, they look very cute but the reviews were not as convincing. Please let me know which table and chairs you recommend! Greatly appreciate it!

ourbabygirl
11-07-2010, 10:41 PM
We LOVE our PBK table & chairs, but got it as a gift from my parents, or I don't think we would have bought it (a bit pricey). I know that Ikea has a set that's smaller but seems to work well, too, for young toddlers.

Jenn27
11-07-2010, 10:46 PM
We have a set from Ikea. It was $40 for the table and 2 chairs. I wouldn't recommend a pricey one unless you are confident your LO won't color on it. We keep an art caddy full of crayons on it, so I should expect it, but I tried to avoid her coloring on it for the first few months. I still make her stop but it happens regularly, she's not even 2 :)

Nechums
11-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Love, love, love this set --

http://www.braceletbabies.com/

I love how sturdy it is, that the tables and chairs all fold and that it doesn't look ugly. DS and his friends love it as well.

nrp
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
I also have one of the IKEA tables and its held up well for two years. I like that it is a smaller size so it doesn't take up as much room. And super cheap, to boot.

essnce629
11-08-2010, 07:47 AM
I scored a Pottery Barn Carolina table off CL two days ago for $35 (reg. $100). It's a little scratched up on the top, but for $35 I think it's a great deal and I can always sand and put a new coat of varnish on if it bothers me. I'll probably get two Kidcraft chairs to go with it since they are the same dimensions as the PB ones.

lowrioh
11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
We also have a plain wood IKEA set. I knew the DH wouldn't monitor her and keep her from drawing on the table, so we just let her "decorate" it. My friend has the same table and she gave her DS various craft paints and let him go at it.

vtmom
11-08-2010, 12:53 PM
We recently bought the KidKraft Aspen set with two additional chairs (the set is sold as a table and two chairs). We are very pleased with the quality of this set, especially for the price! DD is 19 months and 95%ile for height so I was worried the set might be too small for her, but I think she will fit in it for a few years to come and it will be perfect for our younger DC to grow into. She has already gotten crayon on the table and it wiped off without a problem (although I usually have the table top covered in brown craft paper).

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
We have a wooden set from Ikea. We painted it and gave it to DS for Christmas when he was 15 months old. 5 years later, it still gets used several times a week by him and his little brother.

zag95
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
We have an inexpensive table and chairs from IKEA- I think it wood with white top of table and chair seats- was about $20 total- worth it because I didn't want DD to destroy an expensive one!

gobadgers
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
We had the IKEA table and chairs - the one with the wood frame and white tabletop. I was REALLY happy with this set with DD, the size is right for small kids (they can get in and out of the chairs easily) and it was so inexpensive. I think if we'd only had DD that set would have lasted indefinitely, but recently DS has managed to tear one of the chairs. So take your kids' temperaments into mind before buying this set :p

I just bought a new table from the Land of Nod outlet. Even at the outlet it was still spendy - $90 (w/o chairs), but the table legs can be swapped for taller ones as the kids get older. We just got it home so I don't have a review, but it is super sturdy and I have high hopes for it.

mommylamb
11-08-2010, 09:45 PM
We have an inexpensive table and chairs from IKEA- I think it wood with white top of table and chair seats- was about $20 total- worth it because I didn't want DD to destroy an expensive one!

That's the set we have. We've had it for a year and a half now and it's just as good as new.

3emm
11-08-2010, 10:45 PM
thanks so much for your responses! Looks like I will have to go over to ikea this week. I don't think i've seen the table you're all talking about but sounds like a good deal. another friend of mine has the plastic one from ikea, but it seems a little too big. Thanks again!!

Snow mom
11-09-2010, 10:47 AM
This is the ikea table with the white top everyone keeps referring to: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50178411
I posted a similar thread a few weeks back and ended up going with this one. I tend to be drawn to the highest quality/ most expensive of everything but decided a less expensive table was more practical. DD will be able to enjoy it more if I'm not constantly worried about her destroying it in some way.