PDA

View Full Version : Target: Free Lego "Bullseye" dog with Gift Card and other little sets in Xmas

alien_host
11-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I found this at target....a little plastic box with a bullseye dog lego set. You have to buy the gift card ($5 min) but the little set is free. Since I'm at Target all.the.time, it's not an issue for me ;) You can buy online but it is a $25 min. for the card and $1.95 shipping. I bought a few as stocking stuffers for the nephews.

http://www.target.com/LEGO-Dog/dp/B00475AI24/ref=br_1_8?ie=UTF8&id=LEGO%20Dog&node=726441011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-8&qid=1289238714&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

They also had little bags at the register with a fire helicopter set ($3.99) and more in Christmas (Toy Story, Star Wars - X Wing Fighter, World Racers - Powerboat/Jetski looking)

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30071-1 is $3.99

I also got the City House for about $31 (MSRP $39.99) There is a $5 off coupon in the Toy book and they are running $4 off this week.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8403&cn=356&d=9

Choccie
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the heads-up -- those lego Target dogs are adorable, off to stock up!

Corie
11-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I found this at target....a little plastic box with a bullseye dog lego set. You have to buy the gift card ($5 min) but the little set is free. Since I'm at Target all.the.time, it's not an issue for me ;) You can buy online but it is a $25 min. for the card and $1.95 shipping. I bought a few as stocking stuffers for the nephews.

http://www.target.com/LEGO-Dog/dp/B00475AI24/ref=br_1_8?ie=UTF8&id=LEGO%20Dog&node=726441011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-8&qid=1289238714&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

Where did you find these? Thanks!

alien_host
11-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Where did you find these? Thanks!

I ended up asking at CS and they said they were just putting them out at my store and the CS rep found the box for me. I think they would be on any of the hanging gift card things...I read on brickset that they would be by the greeting cards on an end-cap...it's one of the "wow" cards so larger than normal. I looked at all the GC racks...by the registers, in toys/electronics but ended up asking up front since they hadn't made it to the floor yet.

Sorry, that's not that helpful is it?

christiedavid3
11-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I got the Bullseye dog lego GC too, it's adorable!!! DH was getting a prescription filled and I had a $10 GC coupon on a new Rx, so I brought it up to the pharmacy and asked if I could get that GC with my coupon. I found the Lego GC near the cards. I had fun building my Bullseye! :boogie:

lchang25000
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I got the Bullseye dog lego GC too, it's adorable!!! DH was getting a prescription filled and I had a $10 GC coupon on a new Rx, so I brought it up to the pharmacy and asked if I could get that GC with my coupon. I found the Lego GC near the cards. I had fun building my Bullseye! :boogie:

You found it in the greeting card section? These are special Lego Target GCs? My store didn't know what I was talking about when I asked them about it. Even the manager didn't know. I'll check back in a couple days.

alien_host
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
You found it in the greeting card section? These are special Lego Target GCs? My store didn't know what I was talking about when I asked them about it. Even the manager didn't know. I'll check back in a couple days.

If you look in the Target Book of Toys, there is a picture of it on the last page of the coupon insert (just before page 23). I showed that to the CS folks and that's when they found it for me. It's about 9 inches tall and 5 inches wide. It has a clear plastic retangular box on the bottom that looks like a little present. It's pretty substantial. The "card" is actually the box (printed on the back).

I don't think it will fit by the regular gift cards at the register. It would be hung on a hook on a display, probably above the gift card "trays" - where they display all the choices of the regular ones.

HTH.

Corie
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
If you look in the Target Book of Toys, there is a picture of it on the last page of the coupon insert (just before page 23).
HTH.

That totally helps!!! Thank you!

When you said "Bullseye", I was totally thinking about the Bullseye from
Toy Story. Even though you said dog, I was still thinking horse. :)

billysmommy
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Those are so cute!!!

I was at Target this morning and they were just starting to stock the Christmas section with all the little toys. They had some of the little packages of Legos out ~ the Star Wars starfighter and a police boat. They had tags and spaces for some other sets ~ a Lego keychain, World Racers, Toy Story and something else that I don't remember. I'm going to stop by again tomorrow to see what's out :)

alien_host
11-08-2010, 06:21 PM
That totally helps!!! Thank you!

When you said "Bullseye", I was totally thinking about the Bullseye from
Toy Story. Even though you said dog, I was still thinking horse. :)

LOL, I didn't even think that they had the same name, funny.

Those are so cute!!!

I was at Target this morning and they were just starting to stock the Christmas section with all the little toys. They had some of the little packages of Legos out ~ the Star Wars starfighter and a police boat. They had tags and spaces for some other sets ~ a Lego keychain, World Racers, Toy Story and something else that I don't remember. I'm going to stop by again tomorrow to see what's out :)

I did see a space for "Lego Key Chain" I wonder what it is, the other bags were out but the keychain had the wrong product in it.

I need to check, was it a police boat at Easter too? It looked familar to me but I grabbed it anyway.

Corie
11-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I did see a space for "Lego Key Chain" I wonder what it is, the other bags were out but the keychain had the wrong product in it.

I just bought the Albus Dumbledore Lego keychain (for me) when we were at the
November mini-build.

baileygirl
11-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Thanks! I was planning on buying some Target gcs as gifts, so I thought this would be perfect. I think I bought 8 of them! I also bought the Starfighter one. The other little bags were ones were ones that I have bought within the last month. They also had travel games (hungry hippo, connect 4, perfection, battleship, etc) in the holiday aisle for $4.99.

groundhog74
11-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Bummer, they aren't out at my store yet.

ett
11-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to remember to look for them tomorrow. I'm loving the little Lego sets because they're perfect for DS2 who wants to play with the "big boy" toys but can't handle the larger sets.

garnetgirl
11-09-2010, 02:00 PM
If you don't see any (or if you see an empty display), ask someone. The guy I asked had no idea, but he got on his phone and ended up sending me to the registers, where the cashier then had to ask a manager to get the giftcards from an office. The manager said they'd sold a lot of them, and we both agreed the dog is just so cute. And free? Such a great deal!

baymom
11-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Thank you, OP! I just bought two Bullseye Lego set GC this morning, but couldn't find any of the other cute ones others have mentioned. May have to go back tomorrow and ask a sales associate!

groundhog74
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I had a very nice sales associate check with me throughout the whole store. lol He said to try back later in the week. They are just getting the Xmas stuff out now.

hellokitty
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Ooooh, too cute! I am going to have to get two as stocking stuffers for the boys. Thanks!

lchang25000
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I just found them today at my Target. They were located at the endcap of one of the registers. Bought the last 2 and hope to get more later this week!

Twin Mom
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Hope to get to Target tomorrow to get 2 for DC. DS is really into Legos these days. I wonder if they will let me pay for the gift cards with a gift card I already have.

KrisM
12-05-2010, 11:40 PM
I've looked for weeks with no luck. Fortunately a friend bought extras, just in case, and I have 2 from her.

theloo
12-06-2010, 01:23 PM
I also have not had any luck finding it :(

garnetgirl
12-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I bought some about a month ago. I'm not looking to buy any more, but I have noticed that the stores around me seem to put only a few of them out, then leave the space empty for awhile, then put a few more out. They seem very protective of their little Lego dogs! (They ARE cute.)

Ceepa
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
A Target manager told me they sell out as soon as they're restocked over and over.

danagee
12-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Hope to get to Target tomorrow to get 2 for DC. DS is really into Legos these days. I wonder if they will let me pay for the gift cards with a gift card I already have.

Same here. I already bought the kids a couple cute Target gift cards from Santa but now I would want to grab them from my stash and spend them on 2 of these!

wimama
12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
A Target manager told me they sell out as soon as they're restocked over and over.

I asked our Target Customer Service and they said the same thing.

cindys
12-06-2010, 03:10 PM
I was able to snag one Bullseye Lego giftcard and one recordable Elf giftcard....

I put $5 on each for both the babies stockings....

They are very cute!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 2 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Twin Mom
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
I just put 2 on hold so I have to pick them up tomorrow. The first Target I called didn't want to bother looking for them for me so I called a different one.

garnetgirl
12-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Same here. I already bought the kids a couple cute Target gift cards from Santa but now I would want to grab them from my stash and spend them on 2 of these!

Target had no problem with my using a gift card to buy these gift cards. Now that Target has the 5% Red Card discount, I use it for everything there, except you don't get 5% off when you buy gift cards. Buying these Bullseye sets was the perfect use for an old gift card I had.

baymom
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
There were about 10 of them at mine a couple weeks ago and I only bought two. Well, DC love them and want more but of course I haven't seen them since. Kicking myself for not picking up some extra!

rlu
12-07-2010, 03:20 AM
I bought the last lego Target dog tonight at my local Target. The cashier had directed me to the seasonal area but I found it hanging on the endcap of the card section.

I used the $5 gift certificate I got for buying $35 in toys a few weeks ago, so basically I got the lego free!

alien_host
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
The Target at the South Shore Plaza has them. I saw 4-5 on the rack in toys and also over by housewares/shoes.

HTH someone.

lchang25000
12-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Got 2 of these a couple weeks ago, but have been stalking my local 2 Targets for more since then. They don't seem to restock them very frequently, but finally found 3 more today! Hope to find more before Christmas!

danagee
12-12-2010, 04:23 PM
My Target didn't have any but I managed to find 2 Voice Recorder/Changer gift cards, just as fun for the kiddos!!

lchang25000
12-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Jackpot! Found 10 more at another Target! :yay: Can't wait to give these out!

pjsmom30
12-13-2010, 11:34 PM
I didn't even know these existed, and wasn't looking for one. But I bought one today for my Secret Santa person. It was right by the registers, on and endcap that had all gift card holders on it.

This was Marlboro, MA

Twoboos
12-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I didn't even know these existed, and wasn't looking for one. But I bought one today for my Secret Santa person. It was right by the registers, on and endcap that had all gift card holders on it.

This was Marlboro, MA

Awwww, now I'm gonna have to find a reason to go to Target!! (Shouldn't be too hard. :D) I am going to actually put these on my list or I will forget about them AGAIN!

Mikey0709
12-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Was in my local target yesterday (Exton, PA) and the cashier behind the service (return) desk told me they just got a TON Of the lego gift cards in - - she said they are now WELL stocked on them!

Corie
12-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I saw a whole bunch of them at my Target store.

Twoboos
12-14-2010, 01:46 PM
OK, I found these. Whew! :D I had planned to get them, charge the gift card for gifts for bus driver, etc., and give the legos to DDs. (Is that bad?)

BUT it looks like the gift card is the bottom part of the box. Can someone who bought them and possibly taken them out of the package confirm or deny the gc is part of the box? Could I separate the two?

Thanks!!

lchang25000
12-14-2010, 01:51 PM
OK, I found these. Whew! :D I had planned to get them, charge the gift card for gifts for bus driver, etc., and give the legos to DDs. (Is that bad?)

BUT it looks like the gift card is the bottom part of the box. Can someone who bought them and possibly taken them out of the package confirm or deny the gc is part of the box? Could I separate the two?

Thanks!!

The GC/barcode is on the back of the box which contains the legos unfortunately, so if you take the legos out, the box/GC portion will be empty. I was hoping to do the same thing. Looks like you have to actually bring the box to Target when using the GC since they have to scan the box.

melonkelli
12-14-2010, 01:59 PM
The gift card barcode is printed on the box containing the legos. After I got home, I just took the Legos out (they're in a plastic bag) and set them aside, then put the boxes into my purse. Next time I'm at Target I will use the $5 I put on each card to purchase gifts/gift cards. The kids don't care about the shopping part -- they just want the Legos.

Twoboos
12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Next time I'm at Target I will use the $5 I put on each card to purchase gifts/gift cards.

Hooolld on here - you can use gift cards to buy more gift cards? Why am I so surprised by this?

This may be the perfect solution!!