PDA

View Full Version : How can i get the best deal on a rare Lego Duplo set?

dkara1
11-08-2010, 02:24 PM
My DS asked for the Lego Duplo Legoville Airport weeks ago, i don't know if anyone is familiar with it but it turns out it's a rare set to find at a store, and kind of pricey too. I was hoping to use my 40% off coupon from borders to get it but it turns out none of the stores i called carry it. The only online sites that carry it are toys r us and target and that's at full retail price, which i hope won't have to pay for it.Please help me figure out how to get a good deal on it.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4277252

CCY
11-08-2010, 05:59 PM
You should wait for TRU sale. The best sale I have seen for Lego Duplo is Buy 1 Get One 50% off. Last year the sale was in early Dec. Good luck !

dkara1
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Since I haven't been able to find it at any toys r us, or even a Lego store for that matter.

alien_host
11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I believe TRU online has the same sales as the store. Free shipping over $100.

Right now TRU is offering a $10 g/c w/ a $75 or more purchase, not sure if that is valid onlilne and 10% back in rewards. And you could go through Ebates/FW.

Lego.com also has free shipping (over $100, I think). Don't forget ebates/FW.

Lego Stores on Black Friday will have a scratch off coupon for 10%, 20% or 50% (unlikely) off. They can also order you stuff w/ free shipping but I don't think they will apply the coupon.

Corie
11-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Lego Stores on Black Friday will have a scratch off coupon for 10%, 20% or 50% (unlikely) off.

Lori (billysmommy) got a 50% off coupon last year on Black Friday!!!

alien_host
11-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Lori (billysmommy) got a 50% off coupon last year on Black Friday!!!

Get out! Last BF was before we "got into" Lego so I didn't even hit the sale. Do you have to have all your items in your hands to get it for 50% off?

Billysmommy, out of curiosity, how many sets did you buy? :) I'm definitely going this year...I could do serious damage at 50% off but I'd be happy with 20% off even.

mamaAnn
11-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Don't forget to try e-bay. Often times, the items that are hard to find aren't much cheaper, but we've gotten lucky before with new, in the box sets.

Gracemom
11-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Where are you located? We have a US Toy here in Dallas that has an amazing selection of Legos. They have an annual Lego sale, but they always have a $5 off coupon floating around. http://www.ustoy.com/cgi-bin/u.sh/2.0/locations.htm?
They don't sell Legos online though, only in the B&M store.

billysmommy
11-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Get out! Last BF was before we "got into" Lego so I didn't even hit the sale. Do you have to have all your items in your hands to get it for 50% off?

Billysmommy, out of curiosity, how many sets did you buy? :) I'm definitely going this year...I could do serious damage at 50% off but I'd be happy with 20% off even.

It all depends on how they're going to run it this year. When I asked in the store last week they weren't too sure yet. You get your scratch-off sticker when you walk in the store.
2 years ago you had to wait until you got to the register and the cashier would scratch it off for you. It was void if already scratched off and you couldn't go back to get more stuff. Last year you were able to scratch it off as soon as they handed it to you so you knew your discount. Everyone gets at least 10% off and then there are certain amounts of 20%, 30% and 50% off coupons per store.
We didn't buy a whole lot as I had the boys with me but I got the sets I went for and a couple more. I probably spent about $200. Everyone working there was very excited that I got one and one of the ladies asked me last week if I was going to try again for the 50% (Corie, keep your phone on you :) )