PDA

View Full Version : What does your 7 y.o. play with?

hbridge
11-08-2010, 03:54 PM
So the grandparents and aunts are starting to ask for suggestions for DC for the holidays. For the younger one I have plenty of ideas, but the 7 y.o. is more of a challenge.

Having a child with an October Birthday I'm all out of ideas. What does your 7 year old like?

kboyle
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
my 7.5yo ds likes:

bakugan
star wars action figures
legos (star wars, harry potter)
nintendo ds games (LEGO games, Mario, bakugan)
wii games (LEGO, Mario, super hero squad (also for ds), Star Wars clone wars (also for ds),
Wimpy Diary Books & DVD
Harry Potter Books/DVDs
starting Percy Jackson books
paper & pencil/coloring pencils are the biggest hit, lol...he draws or makes "comics" all day

but mainly star wars action figures, bakugan, video games.

groundhog74
11-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Snap ciruits
Smart Globe
Anything dinosaur related
Automoblox
air hockey table

brittone2
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
DS is 6.5 and likes:
Lego
Knex
robotics/electronics (snap circuits, just built a Knex robot type thingie..."spider")
microscope/science oriented stuff (notice a theme???)
Geronimo Stilton books, any and all books he can devour for that matter.
bicycle, scooter
Playmobil (had fun playing with our PM castle earlier today)
still plays with matchbox, blutrack (sometimes), cars/trucks in general
books on CD
board games/logic games (Rush Hour, Blokus, Set, etc.)

wants:
nerf gun
skate board

is getting this as part of his Christmas gifts since he loves cars:
http://www.amazon.com/ARTLAB-Design-Frank-M-Young/dp/B0032FO2TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289251615&sr=8-1
He's gotten into drawing a lot more in the last year or so.

hbridge
11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow, great ideas. Please keep them coming. I forgot to mention that DC is a VERY active girl who loves science and history. Her favorite birthday gifts were a Striker Dart Board and Harry Potter Legos.

Twoboos
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
My DDs (7 and 5) are very into Legos and Science kits. And their bikes.

Also, the 7yo loves writing/drawing. Someone gave her a Klutz book about different lettering styles. It's really cool!

DH got DD1 FIFA soccer for the Wii for her bday. He was totally surprised she didn't love it. So I wouldn't go with that, lol.

Raidra
11-09-2010, 03:22 PM
What about Harry Potter dress-ups or props? Colwyn (7) has a Gryffindor robe that he wears all the time and he also wants Quidditch robes and one of those plastic broomsticks. You can buy Sneakoscopes and Remembralls online at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter store. I've seen snitches, wands, and Marauder's Maps on Amazon.

We're also making good use of art supplies here.

hbridge
11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
What about Harry Potter dress-ups or props? Colwyn (7) has a Gryffindor robe that he wears all the time and he also wants Quidditch robes and one of those plastic broomsticks. You can buy Sneakoscopes and Remembralls online at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter store. I've seen snitches, wands, and Marauder's Maps on Amazon.

We're also making good use of art supplies here.

I have been thinking about a broom and hedwig. She has the cloak and wand from her Hermione costume... Has anyone found a decent broom?

Raidra
11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
This is the one Colwyn wants: http://www.costumeexpress.com/Harry-Potter-Broom/17715/ProductDetail.aspx

We had some more realistic brooms for the party, but they shed twigs all over the place.

mnosky1
11-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Books (faves are American girl series - good if she likes history, and Puppy Place series)
Science kits
Schleich animals, esp horses
Really wants squinkies