PDA

View Full Version : Fav Maternity Brands?

star04
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
What are some brands of your favorite maternity clothing? I'd like to avoid MM this time around (except for maybe the rouched tees).

♥ms.pacman♥
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Old Navy. Gap is nice too, but i only buy their stuff when it's on major sale. liz lange from target has some nice things too (though in-store selection isn't always that great).

but IMO Old Navy (both online and in-store) has great comfortable maternity stuff for pretty cheap.

boltfam
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I loved my Gap maternity clothes! IME, Gap runs a lot of sales on their maternity clothes, which makes them reasonable.

nupe
11-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Japanese Weekend!

sweet_pea
11-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I got lots of tops at JC Penney.

zag95
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Got most of my pregnancy clothes from JCPenney- they had a good selection of natural materials (cotton) as opposed to polyester! Pretty reasonable too- was able to avoid MM except for 1 pr of jeans.

dcmom2b3
11-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I got things from all over, but I did splurge on a few pieces from Isabella Oliver. Spendy, but they've translated to post-baby wear beautifully. I wore this top (http://www.isabellaoliver.com/maternity-clothes/us/100/maternity-tops/TP005.html#) to work last week, and DD is almost 4. I'm thinking about getting another . . .

vtmom
11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
GAP hands down. Their maternity clothes are great quality for work and pleasure. I'm wearing my stuff for the second time around right now. Also, because alot of their clothes don't look like maternity clothes, I was able to wear them for a while postpartum until my prepregnancy clothes fit well. I purchased alot of my clothes there on sale, but also was willing to pay full price considering I got so much use out of them during the months that I wore them the first time around (and am now getting even more use out of them! the second time). The clothes from Old Navy just never fit right and I thought the quality of Motherhood clothes was horrible especially for the price and their return policy was horrible!

nrp
11-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Japanese Weekend!

:yeahthat: I LOVED JW! Comfy, stylish, and reasonably affordable.

newg
11-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Gap maternity and Liz Lang from Target

twowhat?
11-11-2010, 11:18 PM
My favorite maternity clothes were from Liz Lange Target (My FAVORITE pair of maternity trousers that worked great for work were!) and Gap (they always had a sale rack for maternity, and I could almost always get a pair of pants for less than $15 and a top for less than $12.)

Old Navy is great for the price too - quality is comparable to Liz Lange (I'd say Liz Lange had the edge on quality).

I also had some things from Oh Mamma by Motherhood (Kohls, I think?) that were just OK - they were 100% cotton and I bought the pieces that I got because they were tunic length.

I also got a few pieces from Ross. My favorite maternity dress was from Ross - 100% cotton and it actually had PLENTY of room in the tummy. It one of the only things I could wear at the end of my pregnancy.

lowrioh
11-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I actually wore a lot of non-maternity tops from Old navy that I bought one size up from my normal size. I need a tall in most things and finding tall maternity is a challenge.
My favorite jeans and pants are from Gap, which I got on a big sale. I also have a bunch of tops and professional clothing from JCPenney. If you have a Penny's outlet nearby, check it out. I got most pieces for under $10 each.
I have some Old Navy maternity stuff but I think that their sizing can be hit or miss and if you order online a lot of the Maternity clothing is return by mail only (I think that the Gap has started doing this as well).

AnnieW625
11-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I had the best luck with Japanese Weekend (their jeans rock!), Gap, and Liz Lange Target. I did get some sweaters from Motherhood that lasted through all three of my pregnancies, and with Old Navy the only things I liked where their maternity tank tops (I still wear them now for sleeping, and the gym).

goldenpig
11-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Japanese Weekend...I liked their stuff so much I kept wearing it even when I wasn't pregnant anymore. :bag

lovebebes
11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
j brand jeans for their uber comfy cords and jeggings.

WolfpackMom
11-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Gap (on sale ofcourse) and Old Navy. Gap is much better than ON in terms of quality and I preferred those items, but you're only wearing them so long anyways and ON is priced much better.