PDA

View Full Version : P+T's Wriggle Wrapper/MeToo Chair

mackmama
11-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Anyone have either of these and, if so, do you like it? At what age did you start using it? Would you suggest the wriggle wrapper or the MeToo chair? Thanks!

kristac
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
don't know- I have this: http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Sit-Secure-Seating-Noahs/dp/B000RHWSVU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1289251435&sr=8-5 on my wishlist for DS3. He is 11 months and drove me bonkers yesterday at a resturaunt wiggling out of the highchair strap and trying to stand up.

YouAreTheFocus
11-08-2010, 05:49 PM
We have the P&T Wrapper. We keep the Fisher Price Booster (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Deluxe-Booster/dp/B0000DEW8N) in our trunk, but got the P&T for a recent on-foot vacation (didn't rent a car, walked & took PT). It was very helpful, as it folds up small & is very light, so we could throw it in the bottom of the stroller. We frequently encounter restaurants w/o highchairs, and our baby does not like being left in his stroller for a whole meal.

The Wrapper is easy to use and does it's job well. You buckle it around the back of the chair, lay out the crotch & waist flaps, sit the baby on it, velcro & buckle the waist flaps to the crotch part, and then fold the top of the crotch part over and snap it to itself (thereby covering the other buckles, etc so baby can't undo himself). I will say the baby is very tightly in there, and it comes up high on his chest, so it does kind of look like a baby straight jacket. Overall, it is great that it makes any chair into a baby chair, and is very portable.

One other thing to note--all of the parts that come in contact w/ the chair are covered in a rubbery surface, which makes it really stick to the chair--this thing doesn't budge. We got a similar (cheaper) one (http://www.amazon.com/Snazzy-Baby-Babys-Deluxe-Travel/dp/B000WIZB04/ref=pd_sbs_ba_5) that doesn't have the grip stuff, and had to return it.

baileygirl
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I haven't seen the Wriggle Wrapper, but we have the MeToo chair that we have used with both of our kids (and given as gifts). We went to London when DS1 was around 10 months. Where we were wasn't very stroller friendly, so I walked with DS1 in a Beco and the MeToo chair in my skiphop diaper bag. I literally walked 5-10 miles a day (dh was working), with no problems. I also like that the chair puts them at table level so they can eat, color, etc. To clean it we just put it in the dishwasher (not certain if this is suggested or not). It also works with most tables. It doesn't work with the cheap plastic tables (will tip the table) or similar tables. Other then that, there have been very few other tables we haven't been able to use it with. We are still using it with DS2 (20 months).

Pbl427
11-09-2010, 01:45 AM
We actually have both. In my opinion, the MeToo chair is the best of the hook on type of chair. It is light and folds very flat for travel/transport. We have had great success using it in many situations and we travel frequently with it. A friend carried theirs all the time to use in restaurant booths with their LO. Much easier to contain baby and mess in a booth at times! All in all, we are big fans of the Me Too.

We recently bought the wriggle wrapper assuming it would be easier to carry with us in certain situations. Honestly, I am considering returning it. I agree with PP that is it very well made, etc, but the 1st chair I intended to use it on, it would not work with as the back tapers from the top to where it connects with the seat. More importantly, I felt DC would have a tough time reaching the table/food as it does not lift the baby into a position to be at table level. Honestly, I am still on the fence, as I think the wriggle wrapper could be great in certain circumstances, I am just not sure in our case, (having the MeToo already), it really adds anything for us. Ultimately, I guess I would say the MeToo is probably more versatile, although I probably have not given the wriggle wrapper a full test.

mackmama
11-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback! For those who own the MeToo chair, did you consider the Inglesina Fast Table chair? It looks similar but has rubberized handles so the table doesn't get scratched, and the fabric detaches for easy washing. I'm trying to decide which is the better option, as it sounds like the MeToo is great but the fabric doesn't come off. (I like the dishwasher idea though!)

At what age can you start using the MeToo?

baileygirl
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
We started using the MeToo chair with DS2 when he could sit. With DS1 it would have been whenever we purchased it.

I haven't seen the Fast Table Chair, I don't think it was out when we bought the MeToo chair? My concern would be more of does it work with most tables (i.e. with a lip)? We didn't have a problem with it scratching tables, but we only use it when we go out to eat (tables are pretty durable). And honestly, I think even if the material did come off dh would still just put the whole thing in the dishwasher. Is there a store where you could look at both?

nellonello
11-09-2010, 08:32 PM
We have the Fast Chair and love it. We have used in exclusively for the last 2 years and it still looks brand new. I love how easy it is to remove the fabric and wash in the washing machine. I looked at the Me Too and am not at all sorry I went with Inglesina.

mackmama
11-09-2010, 08:55 PM
We have the Fast Chair and love it. We have used in exclusively for the last 2 years and it still looks brand new. I love how easy it is to remove the fabric and wash in the washing machine. I looked at the Me Too and am not at all sorry I went with Inglesina.

Have you had any problems with the Fast Chair not fitting certain tables? Does the chair fold compactly for carrying? Thanks!

Pbl427
11-09-2010, 11:52 PM
In addition to our MeToo - we have had the Inglesina Fast Chair as well. It generally lives at my aunt's house for us to use there and we travelled with it before I learned about the MeToo. It is substantially bigger and bulkier than the MeToo. For travel, I strongly prefer the MeToo as it takes up much less room in luggage and is substantially lighter and more compact. I am going from memory, but the clamp part of the inglesina may go a bit wider (for thicker tables), but I am not certain. That part is much more rubbery and may seem more protective of tables than the MeToo, but I normally use it with a Tiny Diner placemat so the clamp touches the placemat on the tabletop versus the actual table surface, so that is not a real concern. Also, while the clamp is metal on the MeToo, it has a small rubber piece that rests on the actual table surface to protect it. I think, the rubbery material on the fast chair seems to have a grippier feel to it, but I have never had an install problem with the MeToo.

I seem to recall some tables we could not attach either seat to, but am not sure. I think maybe a glass table that was quite thin. The Fast Chair seat seems a bit more padded, but the babies have not seemed to notice any difference.

tny915
11-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I had the Inglesina for DD1 and used it again for DD2. I used it primarily at restaurants and never had a problem with it fitting on tables with lips. It was comfy and padded and washed well.

mackmama
11-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the great feedback from everyone. I think I'll try to find the Inglesina somewhere in person so I can check it out. I like the idea of the rubberized handles on the Ingelsina to prevent table damage in case we use it at home, though I also wonder how likely it really is that we'd use it at home so not sure if this should really be a consideration. It also sounds like the MeToo is substantially more compact which is probably the most important aspect.

neeleymartin
11-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Anyone have either of these and, if so, do you like it? At what age did you start using it? Would you suggest the wriggle wrapper or the MeToo chair? Thanks!

we used the metoo chair until it was too gross to use any more. you can only spot clean, which is such a MAJOR flaw. the seat is perfect if not for that issue. we started using it around 7-8 months as i recall.

i have not used the ww, but...i wouldn't buy it. i don't like the way the child's leg's would be out straight in front of them. doesn't seem like it's a very natural way to sit while eating. i also wonder how a child would be tall enough to use such a thing with any success. if i understand correctly, the child is essentially sitting flush on the chair. ds1 is tall and sits in his chair solo. ds2 is also tall for his age (in fact exceptionally over the curve) and he is nowhere near tall enough to be able to eat successfully without a booster. the reviews seem good, but i don't care for this type of seat.

i also have the chicco 360. great for home use, but not for travel, imo. too big.

we also have the inglesina fasttable chair (or something like that). it is PERFECT!! we used it all summer on our picnic table. super comfy, washes easily, good harness. BUT...it does not fit on our indoor table. too bad because we really loved it. this is my pick for you to try though. amazon has free returns on it, so you could get it and try it on your table. we loved ours, just wished it fit indoors.

hth

baringlake
06-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Just saw this recall notice about the metoo and wanted to share:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11218.html